Signing(s): Knicks overpay Tim Hardaway via offer sheet (4 years/71 M)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So the Knicks traded Hardaway to the Hawks for Jerian Grant, then traded Grant to the Bulls in the Derrick Rose deal, and are now signing Hardaway to $71M offer sheet. Can't imagine the Hawks would even consider matching this one.

Did David Griffin, who is apparently the front runner to run the Knicks, approve of this?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Nice. I would love to have him back.

/s....

He's the biggest chucker in the game along with Rudy Gay.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

DEG6OclWsAA89rV.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So if P-Jax wasn't a horrible GM this could have all been avoided.

His dad (Tim Hardaway) made 70 million and change inflation adjusted during his entire career. now his son is guaranteed that and then some. Oh, how times change.

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
Well, if you are going to steal a player you have overpay. Knicks offering a fair value contract to Hardaway would just be a waste of time..Hawks would match.. Bold move by the Knicks and they have to be right about the player and that Hardaway becomes an even better player in the future.

I do like what they are doing though. Porzingis, ntilikina, Hernangomez, Hardaway at least they are trying to build a young core. Enough of signing aging veterans and running after superstar players. That hasn't worked for them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hawks were going to offer him 48 million over 4 years :laugh: :laugh:

Apparently the signing has pushed their Melo trade efforts into overdrive.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It never fails to amuse me when a teams best move is to do nothing, save cap space, be bad and they can't help themselves.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I feel so badly for Knicks fans. It's one thing to suck. It's another thing to suck and not have a plan. But it's as bad as it gets when your team sucks and is actively making things worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad