Knee stacks for goalies.

expensivedirt

Apr 28, 2004
Vancouver
Here's the thing. I'm looking to purchase Itech Prodigy Sr. set from a person. It's a physical transaction (meaning we pass the goods via a meeting). He has already told me that the pads are weird in that one pad has two knee stacks and one has none.

Is it easy to reconfigure it? Does it dmg the pads in the process? Any ideas? If this can't be solved I will turn away from this deal.

Also, I think I am correct in thinking that the knee stacks are very important for a goalie right? what part exactly are they?

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
the idea ofr the stacks is to cushion the drop into a butterfly or half butterfly. They also lift teh knee higher than the ankle reducing stress on the knee. Kee to using them well is to be sure that strap settings keep you on them. adding or removing isnt t5hat hard. any local seamtress, tack(leather) or taylor can easily install new stacks or you can yourself with a needle and thread. Most pads wit hthe cordura or nash make it very easy. If tis a weave or jenpro synthetic leather then its a tad tougher but still doable. Not sure if the prodigy had removable or not. There might be simply a velcro connection that is WAY SIMPLE.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Yeah depends on the model..but I think the new low-end Prodigy has adjustable knee stacks which is all velcro I believe...not 100% sure though. But if not, you can make the work easier for yourself by just getting two other kneestacks, buy or make them, and slap them on the one pad that has none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad