Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Wait do we still have Megan? It's so confusing seeing the rampage play the Wolves. I can't figure out who is who and who is in what team.

Yes, Megan is still our property. I'm thinking he signed a 2 year deal with us last year but I'm not sure. But as Jeff Gordon of the Post said, he's just an organizational soldier at this point. I think its unfair the Blues didn't give him a shot this year but unfortunately the Blues sterotyped him and left him behind. Even though he had 33 goals last year.

Last edited:

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
just another note, with the addition of Foley to Sosh and Kostin, that's a nice mix of skilled gritty, left-shooting wingers. thankfully Thomas, Kyrou, and Thompson are all right-handers. finally, a variation in handedness among our skilled forwards.

Reactions: simon in canada

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yes, Megan is still our property. I'm thinking he signed a 2 year deal with us last year but I'm not sure. But as Jeff Gordon of the Post said, he's just an organizational soldier at this point. I think its unfair the Blues didn't give him a shot this year but unfortunately the Blues sterotyped him and left him behind. Even though he had 33 goals last year.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he make the team out of camp this year? Pretty sure it was him and Blais. If not, he was definitely one of the last cuts. He had his opportunity. How many goals does he have this year? How many goals did he have before last year? He got a great deal playing with Agostino and Agozzino, played a solid vet role for our youngsters, and got a fair shot in camp. Idk what more folks think we owed him.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he make the team out of camp this year? Pretty sure it was him and Blais. If not, he was definitely one of the last cuts. He had his opportunity. How many goals does he have this year? How many goals did he have before last year? He got a great deal playing with Agostino and Agozzino, played a solid vet role for our youngsters, and got a fair shot in camp. Idk what more folks think we owed him.

Megan he's got 9 goals and 29 points in like 50 something games this year. And the year prior to the 33 he potted last year he had 14. I think he did make the roster like you said but I don't think the Blues had any intention of giving him a long look this year, as he was sent back down pretty quickly without even really playing. I think the only reason he made the roster was because the Blues were so decimated with injuries. I mean its pretty sad he couldn't get a longer look this year considering how depth challenged the Blues were this year. Poor kid just got stereotyped as a minor league lifer. That stinks cause I think he had something to offer.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Megan he's got 9 goals and 29 points in like 50 something games this year. And the year prior to the 33 he potted last year he had 14. I think he did make the roster like you said but I don't think the Blues had any intention of giving him a long look this year, as he was sent back down pretty quickly without even really playing. I think the only reason he made the roster was because the Blues were so decimated with injuries. I mean its pretty sad he couldn't get a longer look this year considering how depth challenged the Blues were this year. Poor kid just got stereotyped as a minor league lifer. That stinks cause I think he had something to offer.

He hadn’t scored 20 goals since his junior year of college is my point. He might not ever do that again. It’s not like he’s Tolvanen out there or something.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How many points does he get in the AHL this season?

And does he go to the wjc, and how will he do there?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
How many points does he get in the AHL this season?

And does he go to the wjc, and how will he do there?

I’ll guess 57 pts.

Teams tend to loan players to the WJC if they’re in the AHL but not NHL so I’d say they’ll loan him like they did last year. And I think he’d do very good. He did quite well as an 18 yr old so he should just a bit better as a 19 yr old.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I’ll guess 57 pts.

Teams tend to loan players to the WJC if they’re in the AHL but not NHL so I’d say they’ll loan him like they did last year. And I think he’d do very good. He did quite well as an 18 yr old so he should just a bit better as a 19 yr old.

So, full season in the AHL Iowa?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So, full season in the AHL Iowa?

Yes, I’d guess Kostin spends the entire season in the AHL but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he earns an injury call-up later in the season. That stuff is so hard to predict though. Depends on the health and performance of the guys ahead of him and obviously depends on how well Kostin is playing as well.

And lol at the confusion around “Iowa”. :laugh: But speaking of “AHL Iowa”, I’m glad that the Iowa Wild are now in the same division as the Rampage so I can see these guys in person a few times this season (well, hopefully, with 2 small children and tons of commitments, actually attending the games aren’t the sure thing they once were).

Reactions: stl76 and Brian39

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If it makes you feel any better, I'll never forget that when I first started posting here with IA (which was probably like... 8 years ago?) I thought he lived in Indiana until I realized the correct abbreviation.

Reactions: bleedblue1223
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->