Injury Report: Klefbom our 2 games due to “minor procedure”

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
What's worse is that Vegas had many decent Dmen on one year deals up for sale. Probably a 3rd or even a 4th would have got that done.

Probably could have gotten Rienhart back on the cheap. Why not, he's already cost is a 1st and a 2nd. f*** it add a third to it too. How much worse could adding another pick make that trade look?

:laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol and lakai17

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So we are all doctors Now? does anyone Besides Klef, Doctor and the team really know what the issue is? Keep assuming you know better then the team... (mod)

Sounds like Klef, doctors and the team don't even know what the issue is or how serious it might be. Seeing as how he has been hurt with the same injury since before the season started, still has the same injury and all they've done is cortisone shots.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Probably could have gotten Rienhart back on the cheap. Why not, he's already cost is a 1st and a 2nd. **** it add a third to it too. How much worse could adding another pick make that trade look?

:laugh:

The scary part is he probably would have been at least as good as Klefbom and Benning have been all year, even as good as Sekera since he came back.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Hot-mess-Strategic.gif

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
this is a bizarre situation

so they don't wanna shut him down now cause he still wants to play, but will shut him down before the season is out so he's ready for next year..

wait, what?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

so they don't wanna shut him down now cause he still wants to play, but will shut him down before the season is out so he's ready for next year..

wait, what?

I can only guess it's because whatever this cleanup procedure is, it'll leave him unable to play for a while, enough to shut him down.

Supposedly up until he gets the procedure done, he can't make the shoulder any worse than it is now.

Man, I don't know what's real these days. :loony:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
well its relieving to know he's been playing with a bum shoulder all year and need surgery... I was really worried he suddenly forgot how to play hockey, he was drastically better last season.

wish him the best in his recovery, hopefully he doesnt miss any time to start next season

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

wait, what?
Yeah I don’t get it.... he’s not helping the team win games, and even if he was it doesn’t matter anymore. A week now just is an extra week he loses in the summer or god forbid training camp/next season.

Reactions: Aerrol

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
He said he had the issue for 3 years and they said there is zero risk for him to play an extra game or two before the surgery next week.
I'm curious what a 100% healthy Klefbom will look like next season.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
NHL Network just reported they're shutting him down. Who to believe, who to believe. Nevermind just read the second tweet.

People are overreacting. Klef wants to play, let him play. There's very little risk of permanent damage, if any. Let him get some games and shut him down early enough so his off season isn't a total write off.

This stretch of games it's important to get some semblance of a competitive product out of this group and Klef improves their chances of finding one.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
NHL Network just reported they're shutting him down. Who to believe, who to believe. Nevermind just read the second tweet.

People are overreacting. Klef wants to play, let him play. There's very little risk of permanent damage, if any. Let him get some games and shut him down early enough so his off season isn't a total write off.

This stretch of games it's important to get some semblance of a competitive product out of this group and Klef improves their chances of finding one.

Is it really? They haven't done it from day one. Why play an injured player when the season is a writeoff.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think I'll be more annoyed when Montoya inevitably starts one more game and they drop a higher pick in the draft for literally no reason.

This just seems like a case of the player wanting to play and there not being a risk of any more damage. Though I do question the timeline. If getting it done in December would've left him out for the playoffs, does that mean that if he gets it done now he'll miss the start of next season? If that's the case, then it is very stupid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think I'll be more annoyed when Montoya inevitably starts one more game and they drop a higher pick in the draft for literally no reason.

This just seems like a case of the player wanting to play and there not being a risk of any more damage. Though I do question the timeline. If getting it done in December would've left him out for the playoffs, does that mean that if he gets it done now he'll miss the start of next season? If that's the case, then it is very stupid.
Apparently if they do it after the season he should be good in time for the season. Which makes me wonder...WHY MAKE HIM PLAY ANOTHER MONTH. Just get it done now so that he actually is able to train this summer.

Instead we get a weak and slow Klefbom come October cause he missed most of the summer recovering and our "#1 defensemen" will be our number 5 again.

Reactions: nabob and Aerrol

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Apparently if they do it after the season he should be good in time for the season. Which makes me wonder...WHY MAKE HIM PLAY ANOTHER MONTH. Just get it done now so that he actually is able to train this summer.

Instead we get a weak and slow Klefbom come October cause he missed most of the summer recovering and our "#1 defensemen" will be our number 5 again.

It is a bit odd that they didn't shut him down after the last losing streak, that was the one that should've eliminated any belief that the team could make a run. Really does depend on what the injury is though. It's possible it won't prevent him from lifting, could be a range of motion thing. Who knows, I agree though that they should've shut him down earlier regardless of what the injury was, if for no reason than to give someone else a look in the NHL.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It is a bit odd that they didn't shut him down after the last losing streak, that was the one that should've eliminated any belief that the team could make a run. Really does depend on what the injury is though. It's possible it won't prevent him from lifting, could be a range of motion thing. Who knows, I agree though that they should've shut him down earlier regardless of what the injury was, if for no reason than to give someone else a look in the NHL.
It's Todd being an idiot. He loves to overplay his guys cause they "want to play".

Last year we kept riding Talbot when we didn't have to because he "wanted to play".

This year we aren't shutting down Klefbom because he "wants to play".

Reactions: FlameChampion

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's Todd being an idiot. He loves to overplay his guys cause they "want to play".

Last year we kept riding Talbot when we didn't have to because he "wanted to play".

This year we aren't shutting down Klefbom because he "wants to play".

I mean I would argue that they did have to ride Talbot last year, but I won't disagree with the rest.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
No difference in quality of players between the 4th-6th round. Just a shot in dark at that point.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If I was a doctor working for the Oilers, I would say Klef's injury is somewhere in between Hemsky's and McDavid's shoulder injury. So somewhere in between worst case scenario to best case scenario

Reactions: nabob

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Just to add another article confirming that he does, in fact, need surgery:

Oilers D Klefbom needs shoulder surgery - Article - TSN

This f***ing team. He's probably needed surgery all yeah, but YET AGAIN the team has failed to take care of it's players and enforce treatment when it makes sense. I fully expect him to miss at least part of training camp next year due to recovery time. Christ.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This is hands down the most incompetent, dumbest management group in the entire NHL. Hands down. No one else is even close to how stupid the morons running this team are.

They played an injured player because the GM is terrified of being fired and is hoping for a "decent finish" to buy him some rope for a massively disappointing season. Ditto for the dumb ass coach who is also likewise terrified of being dumped.

f*** this management group. Seriously. Klefbom better be ready on day 1 of camp.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad