Confirmed with Link: Klefbom Done For Season / Simpson Recalled

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everything I have heard talks about major treatment (very unexpectedly) this season and really minor things before.

The pinky finger was an example of things which I think are obvious but many don't consider. There are many people and even more athletes who play with worn down joints, for example not being able to bend legs/arms properly. If it does not affect your performance you leave it be.

I am as disappointed as everyone else for this season and I want the coaching staff out, but the Klefbom injury I don't think is a relevant point against them really. To me how they treated it makes sense tbh.

Really agree with this. From what I get all along the convo has been there but its been a respectful dialog, and with a player that realized the nature of this season and didn't want to checkout on his team mates. It says a lot to me about Klef's character, and Nuge, Larsson, too, that they played as many games as possible this year and particularly in a playing out the segment string that is particularly hard on the team. This speaks to team solidarity increasing I think.

All 3 could have had more time off and decided against it to be in the lineup with the club. I love that. Kudos to all.

Reactions: LaGu

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think Sekera had his operation about 2 months later last season (mid May if I recall correctly).. but of course that was a completely different type of injury as well.

If Klefbom's recovery takes 6-7 months as well... Klefbom should be back playing in mid-September just in time for training camp or (hopefully) worst case at least practicing at that point and be game ready by mid-October.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Sekera had his operation about 2 months later last season (mid May if I recall correctly).. but of course that was a completely different type of injury as well.

If Klefbom's recovery takes 6-7 months as well... Klefbom should be back playing in mid-September just in time for training camp or (hopefully) worst case at least practicing at that point and be game ready by mid-October.

Hall had shoulder surgery in late March as I recall and was playing by mid-October the next season.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any idea as to what the injury may have been given the time that he will start rehabbing?

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Any idea as to what the injury may have been given the time that he will start rehabbing?

If I had to guess, with a 6 week recovery time. Its likely a torn labrum, most other procedures ie rotator cuff, would have a far longer recovery time because they involve tendons attached to muscles. Which means there is usually 4-6 weeks where the shoulder is immobilized just to let the tendon heal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->