Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Question: if tonight's score gets lobsided (either way), does someone ask O'Reilly to answer for his hit?

Follow up: Do fans with glasses tinted green have an issue with this?

Final question: if this happens, does the game deteriote into anarchy, and should it?

My answers. 1: I hope so, team is pretty tight knit, but not worth losing the game over it. 2: I'll let London guys answer, but I feel strongly most would hope their team would have him answer the bell if roles were reversed given their style of play. 3: yes all he'll will break loose, but it shouldn't, for the code and #2 above.

I'm afraid to ask the same on the London thread but genuinely curious.
I'm a London fan and I'll answer:
1) Should someone ask O'Reilly to answer? Yes. Will anyone ask O'Reilly to answer? Nope
2) I have no issue with it, but also I don't think it would ever happen with how soft the Rangers team is in general
3) If it is a blowout, I think you'll see more cheap shots from the Rangers to try and provoke. I've seen it time and time again in elimination games against the Knights Even though we have a lot of hotheads on the Knights, there's too much to play for in the next series, so I think even though we may answer back physically, it will be tempered. And I do believe the refs will nip any nonsense in the bud.

In any case...good luck tonight.
I'm expecting a tough close game and wouldn't be too upset if the Rangers win so we have a chance to close it out on home ice on Friday.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Score prediction time - what do people think tonight?

I'm going with a 4-3 win for the Rangers. They squeak it out and live to fight another day.
Knights might be willing to sacrifice a single game with the added benefit of getting an extra home gate , and scrubbing off one game of Lawrence's suspension. ( posted with tongue in cheek ).

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Question: if tonight's score gets lobsided (either way), does someone ask O'Reilly to answer for his hit?

Follow up: Do fans with glasses tinted green have an issue with this?

Final question: if this happens, does the game deteriote into anarchy, and should it?

My answers. 1: I hope so, team is pretty tight knit, but not worth losing the game over it. 2: I'll let London guys answer, but I feel strongly most would hope their team would have him answer the bell if roles were reversed given their style of play. 3: yes all he'll will break loose, but it shouldn't, for the code and #2 above.

I'm afraid to ask the same on the London thread but genuinely curious.
1.Someone on the Rangers should challenge O'Reilly regardless of the score but I doubt that happens. If it does it should be one of the Rags rookies

2. No issue with this and I am confident O'Reiily would accomodate even though he is really not that kind of player.

3. Doubt the game deteriorates but you never know with those Ranger goons :nod:

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
So you were OK with this?

I'll add, the Rangers would be stupid to do any kind of over the top retaliation. The Knights would have no problem sending out Sawyer Boulton to cause havoc and won't miss him if he got suspended.

Not what I said at all Otto, sorry you misinterpreted it. All I meant was if say Pug asked RoR to scrap according to "hockey code" would it happen without fireworks, and squash that beef. Most players expect to have to "answer the bell" after a hit like that.

Not here to start a "code" debate. (For the record I'm not in favour of antiquated vigilante justice)

So you were OK with this?
Wow. This is a quantum leap from my question. Be nice if you were not so fanatical once in while. I'll take an answer from Nelli

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Not what I said at all Otto, sorry you misinterpreted it. All I meant was if say Pug asked RoR to scrap according to "hockey code" would it happen without fireworks, and squash that beef. Most players expect to have to "answer the bell" after a hit like that.

Not here to start a "code" debate. (For the record I'm not in favour of antiquated vigilante justice)

Wow. This is a quantum leap from my question. Be nice if you were not so fanatical once in while. I'll take an answer from Nelli
Nah.. not fanatical. You're calling for retaliation. Knights attempted to retaliate against Kindl and he didn't want to go,then the situation deteriorated. McSorley/Brashear , Burtuzzi/Moore, other examples. Be careful what you wish for. You never know what can happen in any situation

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Ignore button works great. Some posters you just need that button.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Nah.. not fanatical. You're calling for retaliation. Knights attempted to retaliate against Kindl and he didn't want to go,then the situation deteriorated. McSorley/Brashear , Burtuzzi/Moore, other examples. Be careful what you wish for. You never know what can happen in any situation
I can't see similar happening if O'Reilly declines, just will be labelled a wuss for a while until it's forgotten (before mid season next year no one will remember). Rangers don't have the goons to do anything like Kindl treatment.

I'm not calling for retaliation, just wondering about agreed upon 5 mins each scrap, and move on.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
I'm a London fan and I'll answer:
1) Should someone ask O'Reilly to answer? Yes. Will anyone ask O'Reilly to answer? Nope
2) I have no issue with it, but also I don't think it would ever happen with how soft the Rangers team is in general
3) If it is a blowout, I think you'll see more cheap shots from the Rangers to try and provoke. I've seen it time and time again in elimination games against the Knights Even though we have a lot of hotheads on the Knights, there's too much to play for in the next series, so I think even though we may answer back physically, it will be tempered. And I do believe the refs will nip any nonsense in the bud.

In any case...good luck tonight.
I'm expecting a tough close game and wouldn't be too upset if the Rangers win so we have a chance to close it out on home ice on Friday.
I've seen the Knights take cheap shot after cheap shot even in the regular season when they are loosing, it's most teams motto when they are loosing and wanna inflict damage and punishment for past plays against them

Otto

I can't see similar happening if O'Reilly declines, just will be labelled a wuss for a while until it's forgotten (before mid season next year no one will remember). Rangers don't have the goons to do anything like Kindl treatment.

I'm not calling for retaliation, just wondering about agreed upon 5 mins each scrap, and move on.
": if tonight's score gets lobsided (either way), does someone ask O'Reilly to answer for his hit?"

Sorry... I must have misunderstood when you said "I hope so"

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
": if tonight's score gets lobsided (either way), does someone ask O'Reilly to answer for his hit?"

Sorry... I must have misunderstood when you said "I hope so"
I would say blindsiding O'Reilly is retaliation. Asking him to dance is not. Persisting like Foreman and Beaulieu did like donkeys in that clip was furthest from my mind. I never indicated that RoR couldn't decline. Just that if the game isn't on the line would hope someone would ask him to go.

Last edited:

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Unsure how tonight is going to go.

Dressing 3 rookies and a rookie forward on D tonight is a recipe for disaster. Hope I am wrong.

I'd love to see Parsons be the parsons we know.
Ando clear the front of the net.

Swick use his big frame down low.

Sale who while offensively has been fine, not be a giant bag of milk and take a hit to make a play.

Pug needs to do what he does all game.

Rehkopf and Sop need to show up.

Powerplay needs to move and not look for the same 2 passes.

Just find a way to win.

I think London wins but im cheering my ass off until the bitter end. LGR!!!!!!

Otto

I would say blindsiding O'Reilly is retaliation. Asking him to dance is not. Persisting like Foreman and Beaulieu did like donkeys in that clip was furthest from my mind. I never indicated that RoR couldn't decline. Just that if the game isn't on the line would hope someone would ask him to go.
Again, you never know how a situation is going to evolve. Do you think it's possible for someone to go after O'Reilly and then later on Sawyer Boulton goes and does something?

Also, didn't the suspension serve as justice? If not then what's the point of suspending anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: Living Vicariously

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Any idea why Motew has been a target? Our guys really don't like him, and I don't know why. If he's chirpy or whacks after the whistle, I haven't noticed.
I have not looked it up but as I recall, didn't Motew lead, or was at the top of the +/- stats last year while the Rangers were in the playoffs? Can someone confirm?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Unsure how tonight is going to go.

Dressing 3 rookies and a rookie forward on D tonight is a recipe for disaster. Hope I am wrong.

I'd love to see Parsons be the parsons we know.
Ando clear the front of the net.

Swick use his big frame down low.

Sale who while offensively has been fine, not be a giant bag of milk and take a hit to make a play.

Pug needs to do what he does all game.

Rehkopf and Sop need to show up.

Powerplay needs to move and not look for the same 2 passes.

Just find a way to win.

I think London wins but im cheering my ass off until the bitter end. LGR!!!!!!
Maybe the giant rookie farm boy Dirricolo makes a few well placed hits.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Maybe the giant rookie farm boy Dirricolo makes a few well placed hits.

I know some have lost some faith in MM's ability to address team toughness But Dirricolo was a very underrated signing who looks to have a mean streak that just needs a little more maturing. I like him!

Reactions: RB76 and bobber

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad