Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sorry to say Rangers fan that the Lawrence penalty should not have been a major. They were both skating for the puck. One is 6’7 and the other with his head down. Lawrence had the same right to that space as Motew did. Take off the blue glasses. What about the elbow to Sims head? That was flagrant! No penalty! The Rangers and Refs couldn’t beat the Knights.
The issue is Lawrence gave Motew a concussion. Nothing to do with Lawrence being huge. He made the decision to injure another player using that size to do this. Hunter has put a target on Motew's back. Part of the plan. This was the third dirty hit on him in the series. You may think the Knight's player's farts smell like roses but it's the league that makes the decisions on suspensions not the fans.
If there is a suspension it won't help the Rangers anyway being down three defenseman. Superdee trolling for bites isn't anything new.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Don't discount the possibility of finding a player among those u18s . Case in point: That's where the Knights drafted Jacob Julian from.....you know, that guy who happened to get the Hat Trick and the first star selection this past game. Good luck in finding someone similar.:thumbu:
Rangers had Yantsis. He was suppose to be in that Under 18 but the Rangers had the foresight to sign him early. He went on the score 50 goals his last season.

Mar 12, 2009
Rangers had Yantsis. He was suppose to be in that Under 18 but the Rangers had the foresight to sign him early. He went on the score 50 goals his last season.
2nd last season

I see that Motew left the game injured. That's yet another rangers player that has been injured by a knight.
I remember how indignant their entire board was about how 'dirty' the Rangers are when Xhekaj was in his last season here...so it's hilarious when some of them come in here to pretend they are objective when they tell us they're player's dirty hit that injured another player was actually not that bad. Pound sand.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I’m not 100% on all the rules regarding gold packages, but, I’ll think out loud on here!

Gold packages automatically go to 1st rounders.

So Reid, Romano, Headrick (when he signs), Rehkopf will have one.

1st rounder LeBlanc is off the books. 1st rounder Hage never came. Not sure if we had to give Brzustewicz one to get him to sign but he comes off the books this year.

I’m thinking that there should be a couple kicking around so if that’s what it takes to get Xu here, and I presume Cameron might have been promised one since he was much higher ranked than where we drafted him and apparently (rumour), the timeout before we picked him in round three was to confirm he’d report.

Also unclear is whether Lam or Stark were offered gold packages to report. Both apparently had options, were ranked higher than where they were drafted so you never know. Let’s assume one of them does.

I believe there are 7 gold packages per team. So, going into next year:

Rehkopf
Reid
Romano
Lam or Stark
Headrick

That leaves room for Xu and Cameron. That’s 7.

Assuming we move Rehkopf at the deadline, (for the future of the team we need to dammit!), based on comparables, we should get a ‘24 1st rounder coming back and he’ll take the slot Rehkopf currently holds.

The only issue I have with my musings, is that none of the final seven with gold packages after the deadline won’t graduate for the next couple years.

So am I out to lunch in my presumptions awarding of gold packages?

Can someone enlighten me?
I'm definitely no expert on the subject of Gold packages or how to use them. You laid it out pretty well ES. Do you think MM may have held a couple of packages back and not given them to both Lam and Stark so he had more flexibility for future seasons. Good point that none will really be coming off the books besides Brzustewicz for a while.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Don't discount the possibility of finding a player among those u18s . Case in point: That's where the Knights drafted Jacob Julian from.....you know, that guy who happened to get the Hat Trick and the first star selection this past game. Good luck in finding someone similar.:thumbu:
I'm surprised more players haven't emerged from this draft. Projecting U16 players has to be ridiculous, especially the lower tiers. There has to be a few more guys that get passed over that really want it and work their butts off after getting passed over.

allfornothing

Aug 4, 2022
Calling Lawrence for 5min and a game then ignoring the elbow on Sim's head right after is typical rangers reffing. The league wants to make this a series so bad

Only blueshirts get concussions

Reactions: Knights4ever
Mar 12, 2009
Calling Lawrence for 5min and a game then ignoring the elbow on Sim's head right after is typical rangers reffing. The league wants to make this a series so bad

You are supposed to put the gasoline in the car, not huff it.

Winning the series, won the game and they still come into our thread crying when any call doesn't go 110% their way, then mocking our injured players. Knights fans keeping it classy the only way they know how.

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Dirracolo was passed over in the draft and Ranger signed him. He's now ranked for the NHL draft and is showing promise of becoming a solid D for the team. Would he have been "found" if Schmidtt and Hamara weren't traded away? Hard to say but MM did.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Next game will be interesting. I’d have to think you’ll get your Rangers giving everything and throwing everything into that elimination game

Reactions: rangersblues

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
At 4-1 last night, I had pretty much given up but to the Rangers credit, they rolled off THREE unanswered goals and nearly went ahead on some great chances. If it wasn't for Julian, this game might have gone differently. But when D are purposely targeted and taken out, it's tough for any team to win. Valiant effort by the Rangers. I'd love to see them win on Thursday but if Motew's out, it's going to be a tough. But then, that was the plan I'm sure.....

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
Well it was a good season and I hope we can continue to grow as a team moving forward. It's clear London is better in pretty much every aspect of the game and win almost every year for a reason. This league needs to start getting better 2-20 and start challenging the Knights as it sure seems the OHL isn't producing NHL players/stars like they used to (even London). Top priority is start developing top end talent again in this league so I have star Rangers to cheer for in the NHL, second it would be nice to beat the knights.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Calling Lawrence for 5min and a game then ignoring the elbow on Sim's head right after is typical rangthe issuesers reffing. The league wants to make this a series so bad

The coffin had 100 nails in it and you decide to hammer another 10 by adding another moronic statement. Seeing as you lack knowledge of how the game is played I will tell you. It's played on a sheet of ice with opposing players. The referees actually make the calls not posters on HF threads. Now you are up to date. Go troll somewhere else.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure they will give everything but I don't think there's enough to give. Not with 2 dmen injured out of an already thin blueline.
Hard to know. A team operating with desperation will be determined to win. They are all competitive and talented young men. This next game will be exciting. Sometimes the injuries create an opportunity for the next star to come in and take off…. We shall see

Reactions: rangersblues

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Despite the number of penalties in the 2nd, the refs let a lot of crap go both ways last night. Specially in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

The elbow you’re talking about did happen. Easy penalty to call, but no where near hard enough to be concussion worthy. Also, Rehkopf dished out a two hander to Barkey’s hands right in front of Ferguson. No call. I know at another time, Sop gave somebody a heavy two hander on the side of the pants. No call. There were infractions by the Knights that were let go as well.

It seemed to me that both sides were playing the “they can’t call everything” game and it was a free-for-all for a period of time.

But the blindside on Brzustewicz was a deserved two minutes. The fact the review on the hit on Motew was so short tells me it was an obvious major penalty, and will be viewed as such by the league.

There were calls made and missed both ways all night. At the end of the day, officiating really did not play a part in the result of the game.

Funniest part of the night? At a stoppage in play at Parsons’ net in the second period, Sim was chirping him, so Parsons grabbed his water bottle and sprayed it in Sim’s face. Sim smiled and opened his mouth for more!

Reactions: rve24

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Sorry to say Rangers fan that the Lawrence penalty should not have been a major. They were both skating for the puck. One is 6’7 and the other with his head down. Lawrence had the same right to that space as Motew did. Take off the blue glasses. What about the elbow to Sims head? That was flagrant! No penalty! The Rangers and Refs couldn’t beat the Knights.
Hopefully he gets 5, dirty hit, dirty team. I'll enjoy watching Saginaw kick their ass

• Haha
Reactions: Frank the Skank

Ranger77

Dec 29, 2014
Was that when Sim intentionally skated into Andonovski at center iceafter a whistle to try and even up a penalty call? If you watch Sim, he could literally get a penalty on almost every shift, especially after the whistle. Ferguson finally warned him in the third period that he was sending him to the box if it happened one more time. Call it the first time it happens and maybe put a stop to it.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sorry. Absolutely no sympathy for Sim. One of the dirtiest players in the league.
All the extra curricular crap you see from the Knights comes from directly behind the bench. Can you imagine an opposing player putting a Knights player out with a concussion? They would call for a government inquest. They would ask the offender be drawn and quartered in the public square in London. After all they have the market cornered on halos 😇 🤣

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
All the extra curricular crap you see from the Knights comes from directly behind the bench. Can you imagine an opposing player putting a Knights player out with a concussion? They would call for a government inquest. They would ask the offender be drawn and quartered in the public square in London. After all they have the market cornered on halos 😇 🤣
The inquest would come because people would wonder what happened to the REAL Rangers team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad