Kitchener Rangers 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Mississauga will not be sellers! Not with the top line that they have there. They will certainly lose Tippett and M. McLeod next season to the NHL so making the needed moves to try to win this year will happen.

Like last season, that team really only needs a couple of depth players; and, wants playoff revenues. But, if the team is up for sale...and OS packs it in...it could become a real buyers market

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Fair points Tim. And I suppose anyone could fall to injury - past issues or not. The possible Missy deal would be nice but I'm wondering if they are in sell mode or not. In any case, a stud D and a depth F and D are on my wish list. But I'll take the stud F and D from Missy any day of the week!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
A poster on the Oshawa thread a week or two ago said 1998 Dman Riley Stillman was looking to be traded. Big kid. Not sure what type of player he is. Situation could have changed.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Mississauga will not be sellers! Not with the top line that they have there. They will certainly lose Tippett and M. McLeod next season to the NHL so making the needed moves to try to win this year will happen.

Don't be so sure. They think they have a real shot at getting Jack Hughes next year who is an unbelievable talent, but he'd only be in the OHL for 1 season as he'd go 1st overall the next NHL draft and be in the NHL the year after. So if they feel like this team isn't going to win, it would make a ton of sense to move Tippett/M.McLeod for players/picks that can help win next year when they have Hughes

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
A poster on the Oshawa thread a week or two ago said 1998 Dman Riley Stillman was looking to be traded. Big kid. Not sure what type of player he is. Situation could have changed.

It hasn't changed. Obviously I'm not the GM but as of right now my OA's next year would be Commisso-Brassard-Krastenbergs. So Stillman would be available to trade if it was up to me.

The big thing on whether Stillman is available for trade is probably whether or not the Canucks are going to sign Matt Brassard or not. If they are then Stillman will stay in Oshawa I'm sure, can't afford to lose them both. But if VAN isn't going to sign him, then I think he'll be an OA over Stillman next year, which is when the Gens roster is much more suited to win

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Reading different team threads every fan that thinks their team need a goalie upgrade they all point to Dipietro. If the Spits do trade him they are sitting on a gold mine. One poster suggested two 2nds. Two 3rds and a player on another thread. That would just be the starting point in negotiations if that many teams were after him in reality:).

Gotta agree with you Bobber. In this day and age of trading insanity, two 2nds, two 3rds and a player might be enough to get you his autograph.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Gotta agree with you Bobber. In this day and age of trading insanity, two 2nds, two 3rds and a player might be enough to get you his autograph.
There are more than a couple of teams wanting to upgrade in net. DiPietro is first on wish list. Going by what lessor players have gone for it would be a tough buy for any team I would imagine. Especially when the Spits are like Old Mother Hubbard. The east is packed with a bunch of teams that all probably think they ight have a shot at their division. Some of them might sell the farm and shock the league by what they offer for DiPietro. The kid can win games by himself.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It hasn't changed. Obviously I'm not the GM but as of right now my OA's next year would be Commisso-Brassard-Krastenbergs. So Stillman would be available to trade if it was up to me.

The big thing on whether Stillman is available for trade is probably whether or not the Canucks are going to sign Matt Brassard or not. If they are then Stillman will stay in Oshawa I'm sure, can't afford to lose them both. But if VAN isn't going to sign him, then I think he'll be an OA over Stillman next year, which is when the Gens roster is much more suited to win
What type of skills does he have on the back end. Nice to see big D clear the net area in scrums.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Out of curiosity, where were the Rangers in regards to a possible deal with Flint. Moore and Caamano went relatively cheap to Hamilton. I'm sure the Rangers could have offered more. Would have been nice to see those two in Ranger blue along side Sherwood!! Moore would have been a definite upgrade over Henderson at the OA F position.

Or was this another situation like the Joe Thornton trade from the Bruins to San Jose years ago? Had other GMs only known Thornton was being dealt they'd have been in on the bidding.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Out of curiosity, where were the Rangers in regards to a possible deal with Flint. Moore and Caamano went relatively cheap to Hamilton. I'm sure the Rangers could have offered more. Would have been nice to see those two in Ranger blue along side Sherwood!! Moore would have been a definite upgrade over Henderson at the OA F position.

Or was this another situation like the Joe Thornton trade from the Bruins to San Jose years ago? Had other GMs only known Thornton was being dealt they'd have been in on the bidding.

If the other teams never knew those players were being traded then the Flint GM should be fired!

Oh wait....................that's Barclay Branch!....and isnt the OHL still in control of the Firebirds??

Reactions: Sec108

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What type of skills does he have on the back end. Nice to see big D clear the net area in scrums.

Last year he was the Gens best D-man on a good team. Huge point shot and played very physical, would win a ton of battles down low.

This year he got off to a slow start (just got his first goal yesterday) and has been suspended twice for stepping up and crushing a guy but catching his head.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I'm not sure but Kitchener seems very hesitant to clear up another OA spot after acquiring Sherwood. They seem committed to Henderson and obviously are hoping ADB is the answer in net.

I also wouldn't necessarily say those two went cheap. I don't think Kitchener has a Connor Roberts to offer. Stat-wise, no one on Hamilton has been all that impressive, but I still expect Roberts to be a beast in this league.

No doubt though that Kitchener needs to add a D. It's only a matter of time.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
I'm not sure but Kitchener seems very hesitant to clear up another OA spot after acquiring Sherwood. They seem committed to Henderson and obviously are hoping ADB is the answer in net.

I also wouldn't necessarily say those two went cheap. I don't think Kitchener has a Connor Roberts to offer. Stat-wise, no one on Hamilton has been all that impressive, but I still expect Roberts to be a beast in this league.

No doubt though that Kitchener needs to add a D. It's only a matter of time.
move Henderson and get a better oa that scores goals.

Reactions: Finster8

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Last year he was the Gens best D-man on a good team. Huge point shot and played very physical, would win a ton of battles down low.

This year he got off to a slow start (just got his first goal yesterday) and has been suspended twice for stepping up and crushing a guy but catching his head.
Thanks Generalsupdates. Sounds like players would learn to keep their noggins up going into the corners.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If the other teams never knew those players were being traded then the Flint GM should be fired!

Oh wait....................that's Barclay Branch!....and isnt the OHL still in control of the Firebirds??

If selling, and you’re offered a 17 yr old C/RW @6’4”, 215 lbs picked 3rd overall a year ago; and, willing to waive NTC to Flint, you accept.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
If selling, and you’re offered a 17 yr old C/RW @6’4”, 215 lbs picked 3rd overall a year ago; and, willing to waive NTC to Flint, you accept.
Hence the first word..."if" in my post.
That offer would've still been there if not enhanced if other teams were informed about these players beimng available.
It's not they were under the gun for some trade deadline.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hence the first word..."if" in my post.
That offer would've still been there if not enhanced if other teams were informed about these players beimng available.
It's not they were under the gun for some trade deadline.

Quite possibly. Though, I would not have given Hamilton reason to shop Roberts to Erie or Windsor. Burnett and Branch like their forwards BIG (reason Strome and Roberts were slightly over picked). Roberts was very likely Branch’s primary target.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This is from Ian Colpitts Missy news interview:
After six straight losses, I spoke to Steelheads coach/GM about the trade deadline among other things. Asked if the team doesn't pick it up, do they become sellers and he said "I don't even want to think about that. We've got enough good players to get this turned around."

Reactions: dirty12

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
According to the same twitter account as the trade talk rumblings Connor Hall will be out until the new year

Which is very vague, that could mean January or it could be May...

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
According to the same twitter account as the trade talk rumblings Connor Hall will be out until the new year

Which is very vague, that could mean January or it could be May...

I believe that info was put at a meeting on Saturday by Jay McKee.
Also posted here on page 33 by Medway Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->