Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Guelph expected to be a top contender. The team did have some hard luck with coach stepping down, Poitras sticking with the Bruins, and injury at D, but Burnett added pieces in season. He is probably disappointed with a 6th place finish and feels coaching was not good enough.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Guelph expected to be a top contender. The team did have some hard luck with coach stepping down, Poitras sticking with the Bruins, and injury at D, but Burnett added pieces in season. He is probably disappointed with a 6th place finish and feels coaching was not good enough.
Top contender is a stretch.
Guelph finished in 6th place in 2022-2023 with 35-28-4-1
Guelph finished in 6th place in 2023-2024 with 33-28-6-1

D-man needed surgery in the off-season which they knew about and yes Poitras was probably a surprise.

Guelph is another team where almost the entire roster is a - in plus/minus category. The 2 trade pieces GB added weren't nearly as strong as what the Fronts picked up.

The point I'm trying to make is .500 hockey doesn't cut it unless your team is in rebuild mode

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Top contender with the expected return of Poitras was pretty much a given. Even with some hard luck, a 6th in conference finish could be considered as disappointing as the finish for Sudbury.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
1714673486294.png

Dev camp roster - no Malhotra unfortunately as expected.

All the other 2024 picks are there.

2023 picks -
No Weir (still in GOJHL playoffs)
No Kieren Dervin (5th - committed to Penn State)
No Kevin Perreault (8th - committed to Dartmouth)
No Matthew Manza (9th - committed to Ohio State)

All 3 U18 picks from this year are there, and their first round U18 pick last year is also there.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
View attachment 863639

Dev camp roster - no Malhotra unfortunately as expected.

All the other 2024 picks are there.

2023 picks -
No Weir (still in GOJHL playoffs)
No Kieren Dervin (5th - committed to Penn State)
No Kevin Perreault (8th - committed to Dartmouth)
No Matthew Manza (9th - committed to Ohio State)

All 3 U18 picks from this year are there, and their first round U18 pick last year is also there.
really like that Hopkins is going. kid seems very determined. I’m sure he had the option of skipping this like everyone else.

I think he’s going to tear this up. Going to be interesting seeing Schmidt and velliaris there too

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I was looking back at Kingston's orientation camp roster last year and I forgot that Manza was there last year. I don't know if he ever truly considered signing with Kingston but he led his team in scoring (second is actually a Fronts' '06 pick as well - Luciano Bruno, committed to Clarkson) and the OJHL in rookie scoring last year at an even PPG.

Ohio State isn't necessarily a power house so maybe there's an off-chance they can get him here?

Does anyone remember if Manza was one of those guys that fell last year because of NCAA aspirations? I'm assuming he was considering he was top 12 in GTHL scoring in his draft year which doesn't exactly fit your typical 9th rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad