Kingston Frontenacs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I don't which thread this belongs.

Is Kingston Frontenacs releasing Linus Nyman and Eemeli Rasanen to Finland's U18 WJC team.
And is there any timeline or schedule when that decision is ready?.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Is there a deadline to add players? I noticed the tournament has started but are you allowed to add players as the games go along?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Is there a deadline to add players? I noticed the tournament has started but are you allowed to add players as the games go along?

Teams can add more players if they have free spots.
But all rosters has to finalized before U18 WJC quarterfinals so the deadline for player adds is somewhere next Monday-Tuesday range

Just checked Finland's roster in official tournament website.
And there was Nyman and Rasanen.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Thanks for releasing Nyman and Rasanen Finland's U18 WJC team.
Nyman was great tonight versus Switzerland 2 goals and assists and player of the game.

fan75

Mar 22, 2002
Montreal
So next year? I expect Nichol, Helvig and Murray as OAs, although Harding could be valuable as well if they want to deal Helvig. I think they need to get some more 19 year olds (particularly one on defense). Only ones now are Field and Cranford. I don't know if Davis returns.

Robertson -- Nichol -- Nyman
Dunkley -- Neumann -- Cranford
Popov -- Burnie -- Pringle
Larabie/Drewitt -- Morgan -- Field
Larabie/Drewitt -- Davis?

Paquette -- Rasanen
Murray -- Brahaney
Brand -- Gordon
??

Helvig
Peccia
Dugas

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Nathan Billitier will be staying in his adopted city as he will be attending Queen's U.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
So without warning of any type the Frontenacs are having a school day game . Season ticket holders do not get a ticket for this game even though we paid for 34 games. But wait we get a buddy pass to used some other game.... I don't need a buddy pass I already have a ticket for the rest of the games.

29 Nov vs Ott

PURE B.S.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Mike Mackley Retweeted
Ryan Kennedy‏ @THNRyanKennedy 8m8 minutes ago
More
Carolina GM Ron Francis says plan is for goalie Jeremy Helvig to play one more year of junior with OHL Kingston. Canes have glut at position

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Mike Mackley Retweeted
Ryan Kennedy†@THNRyanKennedy 8m8 minutes ago
More
Carolina GM Ron Francis says plan is for goalie Jeremy Helvig to play one more year of junior with OHL Kingston. Canes have glut at position

Junior yes but not sure if it will be in Kingston. They also have a possible glu in goaliles especially f they are building

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
What should we expect from Todd Gill ?? What style did he encourage when in Kingston? Would you take him back if he was available?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
When he was here he scared the crap out of me, I'm on record for saying that, and obviously I am just a fan. He's a no nonsense type of coach for sure.

At this point in time no but I also think he got a raw deal when let go.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
What should we expect from Todd Gill ?? What style did he encourage when in Kingston? Would you take him back if he was available?

Kingston was a mess when Gill arrived on the scene and I give him full marks for turning the franchise around,I think he got a raw deal too....He will get a lot out of the players and make them accountable on and off the ice,He has a pretty good track record of getting kids to develop...I think he is a puck possession type of coach that likes to create chances off the cycle,but he had so many small guys that were marginal OHL players it was hard to do in Kingston...I think he will be great in Owen Sound.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Thanks Fronts fans. Todd was on the radio and noted that he has mellowed a bit over the years. In the interview with our GM he noted that Todd really stressed the importance of winning the faceoff and being in possession of the puck.

It looks like I will be doing a project at Novelis hoping it coincides with the OHL season so I can see a game at the K Rock.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
So next year? I expect Nichol, Helvig and Murray as OAs, although Harding could be valuable as well if they want to deal Helvig. I think they need to get some more 19 year olds (particularly one on defense). Only ones now are Field and Cranford. I don't know if Davis returns.

Robertson -- Nichol -- Nyman
Dunkley -- Neumann -- Cranford
Popov -- Burnie -- Pringle
Larabie/Drewitt -- Morgan -- Field
Larabie/Drewitt -- Davis?

Paquette -- Rasanen
Murray -- Brahaney
Brand -- Gordon
??

Helvig
Peccia
Dugas
Dylan Davies (Chi Mission '00) may help blueline if he reports

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Kingston was a mess when Gill arrived on the scene and I give him full marks for turning the franchise around,I think he got a raw deal too....He will get a lot out of the players and make them accountable on and off the ice,He has a pretty good track record of getting kids to develop...I think he is a puck possession type of coach that likes to create chances off the cycle,but he had so many small guys that were marginal OHL players it was hard to do in Kingston...I think he will be great in Owen Sound.

Thanks for that valuable piece of information sometimes it's hard to piece together what a new coach is like when you only see that team a limited number of games all season. And his record seems to be decent in the east how that will relate to the change crossing conferences and coaching in the west will be shown in time for Gill.

As diehard fans of Jr hockey most fans don't have to look very far to see which conference is in someway always a powerhouse (OHL league standings) can prove that on a consistent yearly basis although not to discredit the east for challenging the west and in some rare occasions prevailing

Best of luck to the Frontenacs in 2017/18 season in the east

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
So let's review the Fronts changes

1) Assistant coach Supryka - gone

Replaced by Kurtis Foster

2) Coach Paul MacFarland gone

Replaced by Jay Varady

3) Gm Doug Gilmour - becomes President of Hockey Operations

4) Darrin Keily moves up to GM ( to be honest I think he has been doing quite a bit of this last year)

5) Head Scout Jeff Mckercher gone

6) new way of doing 50/50

7) a school game added this year (yes I have issues with this the way it was done)

8) new STH vip cards which give some sweet discounts in the city, plus a early entrance to a a lounge area before the game doors open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->