Kingston Frontenacs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Will this be the year that Kingston actually escapes the first round of the playoffs?

Correct me if I’m wrong, Kingston won in the first round both last season and the previous season. Whatever happens this year, Kingston could not have put themselves in a better position to win. That roster is loaded.
You should save your concern for the ice dogs. That Miletic acquisition will prove costly; especially if Niagara does not catch Barrie for the #2 seed. Niagara would be far from a prohibitive favourite in a first round match up against Miss or Oshawa.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The issue I have is not with them getting into or past the third round. that would be nice and with the players, they traded for I imagine anything less than a conference title will not go over well. My issue is that they have
1 traded most of their draft picks for the foreseeable future.
2 again they can not develop their number 1 draft pick which either means he was not a first round pick or they are back to non development.

As I and one other poster mentioned this smells and looks like Mavetyand Springer are back at the helm of the team. Let's trade away our future and make the playoffs so we can get extra 4-8 playoff games and milk the fans. They are suckers and will still buy season tickets next year.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Laureigh, BryanLWL13Neumann, BrettC15Field, SamRWR6.01185Feb 4, 1998Tenafly, NJ
OHL - KGN (2014) RD: 6 (#102)
16*Larabie, PaulC17Pringle, JustinLW19Robertson, JasonRWL6.03199Jul 22, 199921Cranford, RyanRW OA
23Burnie, TylerC)
24Hotchkiss, MattLW OA49Jones, MaxLW MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
63Pu, CliffC MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
73Vilardi, GabrielC MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
75Nyman, LinusLW MAYBE but could go pro KHL

Byrne, Mitchell OA
Paquette, Jacob MAYBE
Gordon, Emmett
Ali, Conor
Brahaney, Jakob
Day, Sean MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL OA
Rasanen, Eemeli MAYBE but could go pro KHL

MisterDb Is there anything I missed. I reallky do not see LA sending Villardi back to a skeleton team where he willnot develop.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Trust me beast, Mav has nothing to do with this, there is another entity.

Both #1 picks Dunkley and Morgan were doing well and would have been stars in kingston but will shine in the west.

However 1st rd picks in kingston have a rocky road from 1997 to 2017 only 6 have graduated from the Frontenacs

2 were no shows, 1 being traded before the season started

1 was released after yr 2 (1997 pick)

12 were traded to other teams

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Laureigh, BryanLWL13Neumann, BrettC15Field, SamRWR6.01185Feb 4, 1998Tenafly, NJ
OHL - KGN (2014) RD: 6 (#102)
16*Larabie, PaulC17Pringle, JustinLW19Robertson, JasonRWL6.03199Jul 22, 199921Cranford, RyanRW OA
23Burnie, TylerC)
24Hotchkiss, MattLW OA49Jones, MaxLW MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
63Pu, CliffC MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
73Vilardi, GabrielC MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL
75Nyman, LinusLW MAYBE but could go pro KHL

Byrne, Mitchell OA
Paquette, Jacob MAYBE
Gordon, Emmett
Ali, Conor
Brahaney, Jakob
Day, Sean MAYBE BUT DOUBTFUL OA
Rasanen, Eemeli MAYBE but could go pro KHL

MisterDb Is there anything I missed. I reallky do not see LA sending Villardi back to a skeleton team where he willnot develop.

Yes there is no future in K town for awhile but that is what you have to do to go for the ultimate goal the Memorial Cup, yes it doesn't guarantee you will get it, but give GM Kelly credit for giving Kingston the chance to, I'm glad the Gens GM Hunt loaded up and look what happened 2015 :) not a Frontenac fan but there going to be fun to watch.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Those that troll usually try to get their facts right so that they don’t look like complete idiots....like you just have.

Kingston, in fact, has been to the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years.

You should know a lot more about the teams that you’re criticizing. You should probably just stick to your own board....k

Apologies for my post! Should know better than to post with Night Shift brain. It was a bad response to a post on the Niagara thread regarding Maksimov's suspension. Apologies and good luck.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
bobber you made my day, I got a real chuckle out of it, and people wonder why we don't trash talk more, we have been there done on rebuilds so it is a wait and see attitude The Fronts had best pray Helvig stays healthy, Yes the won last night against the Genies but the Genies had more than enough 2 on 1s and clear breakways to steal the game.

The team so far has not played well for a team ladened with "stars", more of individual efforts. Some Fronts players seem to have difficulty keeping up with the new guys. I is going to be a long rocky road but one thing for sure is that it will be interesting.

Just a note on Jones. i have watch him play for the Knights since coming over to the Fronts we get to pay more attention to his play. he is a force out there, powerful , fast and drives to the net, good shot. He sure is in the midst of the nasty stuff which sure does not endure him to the opposition.

Case in point Jones sneakily slashes Brassard who interns retaliates both go to the box yapping at one another. Before I go on I sit by the box. Once in the box joyest pleasantries are exchange for a long time with both of them standing up, pretty sure I heard one of them asked if they want to do lunch. There was no follow up after they got out of the box.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
MisterDb Considering the tinkering that has been done in the past decade I assume that no one is holding their breath.

My worry is that the Fronts are going to go mavety style and play the hell out of helvig and by the time the playoffs roll around he will be fried.

If he gets too tired or loses the edge it really does not matter what they have in front of him. The worst thing that they could do is try to win the conference. Better to settle for the third seed and give the stars like Helvig some time off.

Unless this team wins the conference title the city and it's fans will not be satisfied. They have to have something to remember to make the next 5 years bearable.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
How is this for symmetry?

The last time the Fronts won 2 playoff rounds in the same year was 25 years ago.

A rookie on that Fronts team was a guy named David Ling.

Earlier this month he signed with the Brampton Beast of the ECHL.

Last week David Ling turned 43 years of age.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme music.

Reactions: Dave Karp

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
To be brutally honest beast it doesn't matter anymore. The old fan base is pretty well gone, some of us old folks still around. It all comes down to marketing along with giveaways, sponsorships etc. Many OHL franchises are going through the same thing, the landscape has change dramatically

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
MisterDb

I know this could not happen but it would be interesting to see if you put the Vees in the M center and left the fronts where they are which team would draw more fans.

BTW are guys making any money from the new bard or is it still losing money

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
MisterDb

I know this could not happen but it would be interesting to see if you put the Vees in the M center and left the fronts where they are which team would draw more fans.

BTW are guys making any money from the new bard or is it still losing money
The fronts draw thousands, the vees draw hundreds. What a stupid comment

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
bobber you made my day, I got a real chuckle out of it, and people wonder why we don't trash talk more, we have been there done on rebuilds so it is a wait and see attitude The Fronts had best pray Helvig stays healthy, Yes the won last night against the Genies but the Genies had more than enough 2 on 1s and clear breakways to steal the game.

The team so far has not played well for a team ladened with "stars", more of individual efforts. Some Fronts players seem to have difficulty keeping up with the new guys. I is going to be a long rocky road but one thing for sure is that it will be interesting.

Just a note on Jones. i have watch him play for the Knights since coming over to the Fronts we get to pay more attention to his play. he is a force out there, powerful , fast and drives to the net, good shot. He sure is in the midst of the nasty stuff which sure does not endure him to the opposition.

Case in point Jones sneakily slashes Brassard who interns retaliates both go to the box yapping at one another. Before I go on I sit by the box. Once in the box joyest pleasantries are exchange for a long time with both of them standing up, pretty sure I heard one of them asked if they want to do lunch. There was no follow up after they got out of the box.

Brassard vs Jones will be very interesting to watch in the 5 OSH vs KGN games left this season

Last edited:

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
The Vees play in a city run arena with cheap concessions free parking and easy access besides that you can bring your own food etc in. Putting the Vees in the RKRC it would be a ghost town inside the arena, they hardly get support as it is adding the a huge cost of playing in the RKRC would not help.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Truth King I notice that you are new so I will give you a pass.

The TRUTH is that the earlier version of the Vees the original Fronts played in the M center. Then the Canadians came and now they have moved to the new arena.

My thought was that it would be interesting to see given the way that the Vees are marketed and the Fronts are marketed it would be interesting if they were put into an arena that held more people and had the same if not IMHO better parking and access if they would draw more fans than the Fronts or if they would be close.

The reason that they draw hundreds is partly due to lack of seating.

MisterDb and a few of the others that are here will be able to assist you. Then again it depends on what the city has done to the M Center.

Cheap admission, lots of parking cheap concessions MMMM Sounds a lot like the M Center and browns lol

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
um the seating capacity is well over a 1000 at the Invista Center, a good article on the arena

Roaming The Rinks

Queens are using the M Centre as their arena plus minor hockey and other groups such as roller derby. On the outside is a large water park, playground, ball fields. a dog run area and a market. The area is heavily used by the residents of the city. Bottom line is it is unsuitable for any OHL team to use as it would have amenities and revenue issues.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Truth King I notice that you are new so I will give you a pass.

The TRUTH is that the earlier version of the Vees the original Fronts played in the M center. Then the Canadians came and now they have moved to the new arena.

My thought was that it would be interesting to see given the way that the Vees are marketed and the Fronts are marketed it would be interesting if they were put into an arena that held more people and had the same if not IMHO better parking and access if they would draw more fans than the Fronts or if they would be close.

The reason that they draw hundreds is partly due to lack of seating.

MisterDb and a few of the others that are here will be able to assist you. Then again it depends on what the city has done to the M Center.

Cheap admission, lots of parking cheap concessions MMMM Sounds a lot like the M Center and browns lol
Quite honestly, I have no idea what any of that even means?
Literally makes no sense.
If people wanted to go watch the vees then they would. I have no clue what you’re trying to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad