Kings sign Trevor Lewis

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
University of Michigan must be big fans of the LA Kings :sarcasm:

Yeah we love them - a Kings draft pick is the kiss of death for us now.

I really don't get this. Lewis wasn't considered much of a prospect before last year (due to injury as mentioned), so why not see how he does in a year of NCAA play where you don't burn a year of his rights? Lombardi must have thrown a ton of ca$h at Lewis.

I was really looking forward to watching him play too (not to mention Michigan could really use him from what I've read about his playing style). Oh well, could be worse, we could be North Dakota this summer. Although the Rivals board reports this may help Michigan's chances of landing Pat Kane, although there's no hard verification of this.

lukin10

Dec 26, 2005
bergeron played in the Q....and he was signed after an amazing training camp and preseason, a LITTLE different

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Itd be nice to know if Lewis to the OHL is really a done deal. Would Lewis have to be passed up by all the WHL teams to be signed by a team in the OHL. He is from Utah which is part of the WHL's territory. Last I heard Lewis' rights were picked up by the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL, sometime during last season.

Last edited:

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Is it me?

He signed a contract, which he didnt need to do to play in the CHL(so cross that out), hes not playing in college obvioulsy...he is 19, don't you need to be 20/21+ to play in the AHL? Only leaves one option if that is true.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
He signed a contract, which he didnt need to do to play in the CHL(so cross that out), hes not playing in college obvioulsy...he is 19, don't you need to be 20/21+ to play in the AHL? Only leaves one option if that is true.

No, only if they are drafted out of the CHL (it's a contract between the NHL and the CHL). Players drafted out of College, HS or Europe can play in the AHL at 18 or 19.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
The thing that I don't understand with the article is how do you start your professional career in an amateur league? :dunno:
If he does go to Manchester, he's gotta be used as a top 2 line center. If they plan on using him as a 3rd or 4th line center, than that will hurt his development. But I'll trust Lombardi's & Hextall's judjement before my own, or anybody else's on this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad