Kings sign Trevor Lewis

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does he have junior rights? Did anyone draft him? I'm sure it is very seldom when someone committs to college and then is drafted in the CHL.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
I don't like it either. I hope they know what they are doing.

They took a kid that was basically at the buttom of the hockey world, then had an excellent season in a lower league to be drafted in the first round. Things are moving very quickly for this kid in less than 365 days. He needs to continue to be in an environment where he succeeds daily to allow him to work to improve while not hurting his confidence. If they throw him in and he stumbles, he might be lost immediately and forever, becoming nothing more than a grinder.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Manchester.

is he ready for the ahl?? the jump from the ushl to ahl is gigantic...for a guy that was even considered good enough to be drafted his year of eligibility and then skyrocketed into the first round the next year, i think it might be a little foolish to make that kind of jump this fast.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Well it worked for Bergeron...what's the scouting report on this kid? From what I know he's god good size and vision and played with Okposo last year.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Not that Jake Taylor was the greatest thing ever. But when New York signed him after an ok freshman year at Minnesota i thought it was too early. He ended up in the ECHL his first year out. He may make it. But what does that do to your confidence? I hope Lewis does just fine. But he just went up two steps in a big hurry.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
where is he gonna play now that he can't go to michigan?

He is going to play for Owen Sound of the OHL.They picked him up as a free agent.He could of played in any of the 3 leagues QMJHL,WHL,OHL.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
They took a kid that was basically at the buttom of the hockey world, then had an excellent season in a lower league to be drafted in the first round. Things are moving very quickly for this kid in less than 365 days. He needs to continue to be in an environment where he succeeds daily to allow him to work to improve while not hurting his confidence. If they throw him in and he stumbles, he might be lost immediately and forever, becoming nothing more than a grinder.

Really good assessment. I hope he plays in the CHL and not in the AHL. For a kid who put up good numbers, nothing spectacular in the USHL to go to the AHL is quite a leap. I hope he excels if he makes it to Manchester this year, but it's not likely.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
He is going to play for Owen Sound of the OHL.They picked him up as a free agent.He could of played in any of the 3 leagues QMJHL,WHL,OHL.

Does anyone have a source for this? It would be another huge American pickup for the Attack.
As for the signing, I can't fathom why. As an NCAA player they would have had the extra time to sign him, and he's obviously a late bloomer who's had one good season in a lower junior league. This one confuses me...:dunno:

kingsfan25

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
Visit site
is he ready for the ahl?? the jump from the ushl to ahl is gigantic...for a guy that was even considered good enough to be drafted his year of eligibility and then skyrocketed into the first round the next year, i think it might be a little foolish to make that kind of jump this fast.

To be fair, he wasn't drafted his eligibility year because of an injury.

kingsfan25

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Well it worked for Bergeron...what's the scouting report on this kid? From what I know he's god good size and vision and played with Okposo last year.

Good speed, offensive upside(apparently), good leadership qualities. And yes, he did play with Okposo. An intriguing bit of info that people were throwing around on draft day is that many scouts who went to see Okposo came back raving about Lewis instead. The Kings were also apparently told by a few teams that drafted after 17 that they had poached TL from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad