Kings sign Kopitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=135526

He's on the ice right now at Kings rookie camp. He will be here until Sept 24th. He's going to play in a rookie tournament vs the Ducks, Sharks and Yotes this week, then attend Kings training camp and play in three games. He will then return to Sweden Sept 24th, to play in the SEL this year. At least thats the current plan.

The Kings now have almost all of their top draft choices over the last few drafts under contract: Kopitar, Tukonen, Tambellini, and even recent #2 pick Roussin

Last edited:

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Word is that last night he was paired up with Tambellini and Pushkarev on his wings and they looked fantastic. With the second line probly being Roussin-Tukonen-Kanko I would say the opposition may have their hands full at this tournament.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
King Henry I said:
Kopitar is a special talent who slipped for the ridiculous reason of his home country not being a regular NHL pipeline. The Kings were incredibly lucky to land him.

tukonen last year, kopitar this year... they might be looking at 1 hell of a future.. not to mention cammy, tambs, and frolov already in the fold... n-a-s-t-y.. :cry: :yo:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
no name said:
I'd like to see them lay off some forwards next year and focus on D and G.

Grebeshkov, Gleason should become good to great dmen.

Garon I think will be a fine #1, Labarbera could be interesting.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
KILLger said:

But both Miller and Norstrom are getting old. We need to focus on other aspects instead of just forwards. It only makes sense.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
KILLger said:

Add Richard Petiot to your list of defensemen. He's 6'4" 215, skates very well, plays excellent one on one and is a very punishing hitter.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
KILLger said:

I think you could add Petiot to that list. But that is all we have. 3 'D' prospects vs. 10 forward prospects (Tabellini, Frolov, cammalleri, Pushkarev, Kopitar, Boyle, Brown, Tukonen, Kanko, Roussin et al) We definatly need to focus on drafting D in the future.

Old Hickory

Hatter said:
I think you could add Petiot to that list. But that is all we have. 3 'D' prospects vs. 10 forward prospects (Tabellini, Frolov, cammalleri, Pushkarev, Kopitar, Boyle, Brown, Tukonen et al) We definatly need to focus on drafting D in the future.
Half our picks were D men this year

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
kingsjohn said:
Half our picks were D men this year

Plus a lot of Kings fans (including myself) keep forgetting about Paul Baier. He had a good Freshman season.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
King'sPawn said:
Plus a lot of Kings fans (including myself) keep forgetting about Paul Baier. He had a good Freshman season.

Not me i have my eye on him...

hattrick74

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
you always draft the best player available no matter the position, why? because prospects are always in demand and are great trade bait.

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
After watching Baier at the last couple of prospect camps, and a couple of College games I think this kid has a good shot of making it to the NHL. He and Petiot play a similiar game he's just not as physical. He reminds me a bit of Phellipe Boucher.

I've also read good things about Patrick Hersley, playing in Sweeden. Lyubushin is still playing and Russia but I think if the Kings are really high on him, they would have tried to get him in Manchester by know. Joey Mormina should be worth keeping an eye on as he has the size and potential that teams drool over.

I think the Kings are at the point where they have a tremendous amount of offensive depth both at the NHL level and coming through the ranks. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings start to trade for specific needs such as a young defesemen instead of waiting to draft the right player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad