Kings Sign Boyle

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Congrats Mr. Boyle and to the Kings orginization. There are a lot of NHL fans watching this signing as this guy is either going to be a beast or a bust. Bigger guys usually take a little more time to get show ready so hopefully BB can have a year or 2 in the AHL before impatient fans start prematurely labelling him the B word. Go hard and have fun.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
the real question of interest is: where will they play him?

I know that he looked shaky at times durring the frozen four, but I think the upside is alot higher at D.
With his size and mobility I think he translates better to the blueline, that's assuming he can pick up his positioning and awareness. I would atleast give it an honest try (3, 4 months) before moving him back to center.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
the real question of interest is: where will they play him?

I know that he looked shaky at times durring the frozen four, but I think the upside is alot higher at D.
With his size and mobility I think he translates better to the blueline, that's assuming he can pick up his positioning and awareness. I would atleast give it an honest try (3, 4 months) before moving him back to center.

all i saw of him was a short clip of him doing odd-man rushes in practice but man he looked like a deer on ice trying to skate backwards. He stumbled every other stride when he was trying to pick up speed and/or change directions.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
all i saw of him was a short clip of him doing odd-man rushes in practice but man he looked like a deer on ice trying to skate backwards. He stumbled every other stride when he was trying to pick up speed and/or change directions.

he's definetly shaky, and he may be to old to really start over and pick it up. At the same time, I did see him make a few nice defensive plays (he also made some blunders) durring the turnament. On the whole he played well at defense, though he was far from flawless and he was so cleary on a higher level talentwise than most of the guys around him and that helped him make up for a lack of knowledge at the position.

What I meen is that, in an ideal world, you'd like to see someone with his size and skillset on the blueline. And he's just tremendously talented, and the elite talents can often make these transitions better than the rest. I would atleast give it a month or two to see if shows progress. If he doesn't then you pull the plug and put him back at center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->