Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ SENS, Thursday night 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Could be a concussion or perhaps an inner ear issue. All kinds of ugly issues can present wrt to a bad hit there... balance, equilibrium, dizziness. A relative had vertigo issues for a while from an IE infection and it was debilitating at times.

It is a concussion.

DJ referred to it a few days ago and said something along the lines of "I've had concussions myself and..."

Reactions: WallyD

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm still really confused as to why Parker Kelly was the 2nd star last game. It had to be a mistake, right? Someone at NHL.com went to click Korpisalo and accidentally selected Kelly?
Kelly has been possessed this year in fairness

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Could be a concussion or perhaps an inner ear issue. All kinds of ugly issues can present wrt to a bad hit there... balance, equilibrium, dizziness. A relative had vertigo issues for a while from an IE infection and it was debilitating at times.
Don’t know how these guys don’t wear ear protectors. I would have all sort of crazy protection

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good point about inner ear problems, hadn't considered that as a possibility but makes total sense.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Don’t know how these guys don’t wear ear protectors. I would have all sort of crazy protection
Agreed... Especially D who are more susceptible to direct line of fire incidents by virtue of where they play their trade. I would think helmet ear protection would be a relative simple thing, and not present a comfort or hearing issue. The poor buggers are often turned away too as they battle opposing players in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad