Kings President Tim leiweke "I am very pessimistic that there will be a season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
kingsjohn said:
On a radio station in LA. 710 am
wasn't this guy already fined by the league?

i guess you only get fined by bettman if you talk againts the league. nice double standard :lol

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Son of Steinbrenner said:

i guess you only get fined by bettman if you talk againts the league. nice double standard :lol
You can only fine a guy so much, he's got to feed his family!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What the hell, it is not like the guy was breaking any news to anyone or let any huge secret out. My initial reaction was actually . . . 'well, duh.'

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Son of Steinbrenner said:

The Atlanta owner was fined for speaking against the players.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Benji Frank said:
Gretzky said something simular ... where's his fine?? :dunno: :help: :dunno:

I am unaware of Wayne's comments but I belive he's remained very mum on this whole situation letting the executives talk.

the only thing I have heard from Wayne is that "We(Pheonix) are losing money, that's not a lie."

I fail to see why that issues a fine...unless the gag order means they are not allowed to talk. period.

Wayne: Man i'm hungry

Bettman: FINED!

Wayne: What the hell?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Actually, Gretzky said that if there was not an agreement to save the season that he thought the next season could be lost as well. Gretzky said that about a month ago or so.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Well, add Brian Burke to the list of who should be fined. :joker:

They may as well talk. At least the fans have an inkling now that there won't be any season. :mad:

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Bohologo said:
The Oilers (part) owner should be fined for underscoring Bettman's primary message? You should pay closer attention to the NHL's message.

Yes if Bettman is fining owners for talking to the public about the lockout, he should fine them no matter what team or position they are speaking from. I bet if Jim Dolan came out and said the Rangers have nothing riding on the lockout and are going to remain a stable franchise, cap or no cap, he would get fined wouldn't he?

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Many owners (Gretzky, Karmanos, Jacobs, Nichols, Belkin, Snider, Leiweke, Vanderbeek) have spoken on the lockout. How many have been fined? One, for sure (Belkin). Any others?
Perhaps this talk of a league ban on owners talking has been a tad overstated.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Ski Boy is speaking the truth.Why should anyone be optimistic?

"I'm resigned to the fact that at this point you can assume we won't see hockey this year, and resigned to the fact we may not see hockey next year, unfortunate as that may be," he said Friday. "From our standpoint, it is unfortunate what we're doing to our fans, who have been very loyal, but we have no choice. … "

"I've seen stories that indicate Gary [Bettman, the NHL commissioner] is under a lot of pressure. But that's absolutely not true, and in every conversation I've had with Gary it's clear he understands that if we're going to make our fans go through this, we'd better fix it for good. I'm unaware of any owner blinking, and I talk with a lot of owners for various reasons. A Band-Aid puts us right back where we were before"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...y?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Don't Break :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad