Kings are done

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Its hard to know which team is going to show up these days. A combination of a lot of youth, new guys and a different system.

I miss guys like Richards (when he played well) just balls out hockey. When we reigned in our emotion it was a backward step.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Its hard to know which team is going to show up these days. A combination of a lot of youth, new guys and a different system.

I miss guys like Richards (when he played well) just balls out hockey. When we reigned in our emotion it was a backward step.

Kind of an understated point as well, huge turnover the last little bit relative to the last few years, chemistry is a thing and it can be an issue.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
As a collection, these players simply are not good enough.

That is the issue and it’s really disappointing because if anyone had told us before the year that Brown would score 55 points and Kopitar would be at over a point per game you would have thought we’d be a clear playoff team.

The secondary guys on this team have been a huge letdown. Kings needed more from Toffoli, Pearson, Muzzin and Martinez.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Somebody please explain to me how the Kings can be a +22, yet be out of a playoff spot. How is that possible?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
we wouldn't be done after losing both vegas games
we could win 4 in a row and be back in the race
SJ & ANA aren't too hot either, but it comes back to my original point, the only difference between us three is that SJ & ANA lose better than we do

once again they both lost in OT tonight

whereas we get scored on 8mins left in the 3rd and lose in regulation

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I think the whole coaching philosophy has to change for this team to be successful. There needs to be more of a pass it around, get it to the slot one timer philosophy that needs to be there. at least get more zone time.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Can’t tell what the problem is this year. Blake has totally re tooled the bottom 6, kinda patched the defense and added speed.

Seems like the Kings go stretches of domination against good teams but then get beat by subpar teams. I don’t get it.

Quick is def not on his A game this year.

Players aren't committed and Quick is a mediocre goalie.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I think the whole coaching philosophy has to change for this team to be successful. There needs to be more of a pass it around, get it to the slot one timer philosophy that needs to be there. at least get more zone time.

I don’t think coaching is the issue. The players are not motivated, lack leadership and are not playing with desperation/emotion.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t think coaching is the issue. The players are not motivated, lack leadership and are not playing with desperation/emotion.

I think if the kings changed their system then they'd play with more emotion and desparation. I think they'd enjoy playing more and would execute a better system.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't thinking coaching is the main problem with this team or anything, but I was opposed to the Stevens hiring. I'm sure he's an adequate coach and all, but the Kings needed a shakeup. They should have brought in someone from the outside, not someone whose been with the organization for 8 years already.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Goalposts will just move to "Big whoop, Kings are dead in the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th round," with everything short of a Cup being "I told you so," so.
Where will the goalposts be if they don't make the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years? I don't think people who have been realistic regarding this team's ability to contend are the ones who keep moving the goalposts.

This roster has been afforded every excuse over the last five years. When does it stop?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
When the Kings are on vacation?
Vacation like this?

LK-e1404963600193.jpg

NxiwSN

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles
Before last night's game, I also thought we were done this season.. could be another losing streak...
However, after last night's game, I have my confidence back. It is more like a mental thing than we really need some players to stir things up.
Maybe the trade deadline is finally over, everybody could find their concentration again and play some serious hockey.

Side topics... maybe I thought too much or maybe I was right... I told my wife that Kopi smiled like a sunflower during the drop the puck ceremony. Usually he doesn't smile much or has a stone cold face... well, he had a pretty good game last night. We should invite more ladies to the games...

seamore

May 16, 2013
However, after last night's game, I have my confidence back. It is more like a mental thing than we really need some players to stir things up.

I sure hope that the win last night is a big confidence booster for our KINGS

Reactions: RONNIEC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad