Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
After this 4 game losing streak:

DAL
EDM
VGK
VGK

Kings will never see the top 8 again in 2018.

I got it right last year, so now I'm an expert. Nothing more to see here, folks.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I gave up on the 2012 season and I´ll never make the mistake of giving up too early again. But the lack of consistent effort when every point is this valuable is definitely concerning.

Reactions: PuckTenderizingMeat

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I gave up on the 2012 season and I´ll never make the mistake of giving up too early again. But the lack of consistent effort when every point is this valuable is definitely concerning.

I don’t think you have to worry as much this year, this Kings team is nowhere near as competitive as the 2012 squad.

At least then we all knew that their one major weakness was putting pucks in the net. They were stellar defensively. This current squad? Not so much.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Can’t tell what the problem is this year. Blake has totally re tooled the bottom 6, kinda patched the defense and added speed.

Seems like the Kings go stretches of domination against good teams but then get beat by subpar teams. I don’t get it.

Quick is def not on his A game this year.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We're not done until Reaves boards Kopitar next game and takes him out for the rest of the year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nah, this is just the calm before the storm, baby.

Have to wait for the stretch to get hot down the stretch!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can’t tell what the problem is this year. Blake has totally re tooled the bottom 6, kinda patched the defense and added speed.

Seems like the Kings go stretches of domination against good teams but then get beat by subpar teams. I don’t get it.

Quick's having a better year than any year since 2012, and his last 5 games have been .875 (I don't blame him for last night), .963, .964, .943, .947. Basically any time he's been 'healthy' he's been dominant. He was a Vezina candidate until the mysterious injury.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Been a lot of turnover the last week or so.

Could be a little bit of chemistry issues.

Carts is back which will help.

Can’t lose more than three the rest of the way imho.

At least the Ducks lost to Arizona.

0-2 without Kuemper lol

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Been a lot of turnover the last week or so.

Could be a little bit of chemistry issues.

Carts is back which will help.

Can’t lose more than three the rest of the way imho.

At least the Ducks lost to Arizona.

0-2 without Kuemper lol

Both Toffoli and Pearson look like players who’ve never been part of this team before. Trying to find their identity on the team. Hell, Brodzinski was playing better than those two stiffs.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Quick's having a better year than any year since 2012, and his last 5 games have been .875 (I don't blame him for last night), .963, .964, .943, .947. Basically any time he's been 'healthy' he's been dominant. He was a Vezina candidate until the mysterious injury.

I didn't realize those are his stats, it was appears he's not making top level saves. Kuemper played for a stretch because Quick was crap.

I guess it's the inconsistent defense and scoring droughts.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

As a collection, these players simply are not good enough.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't realize those are his stats, it was appears he's not making top level saves. Kuemper played for a stretch because Quick was crap.

I guess it's the inconsistent defense and scoring droughts.

As a collection, these players simply are not good enough.

To be fair they've been missing a 60 point center all year. At one point, we just hoped they'd stay afloat without Carter; they did. NOW it's do-or-die time. Last night, they died. Next two games will show us what they have.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I will say one thing I'm sure f***ing sick of is saying "well, that was a good-to-very-good road trip" followed by "why the f*** do we suck so terribly at home?"

I shouldn't be looking at the schedule and be dreading home games vs. divisional opponents.

But I'm also not going to flush the toilet yet when they literally just got back a 60 point center last night and they're only 2 points out with a game at hand while having a theoretically favorable home-heavy schedule down the stretch (though they've inexplicably been terrible at home).

Reactions: LAKings88

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I will say one thing I'm sure ****ing sick of is saying "well, that was a good-to-very-good road trip" followed by "why the **** do we suck so terribly at home?"

I shouldn't be looking at the schedule and be dreading home games vs. divisional opponents.

But I'm also not going to flush the toilet yet when they literally just got back a 60 point center last night and they're only 2 points out with a game at hand while having a theoretically favorable home-heavy schedule down the stretch (though they've inexplicably been terrible at home).

But are you surprised? These guys are not cold-blooded killers. There aren't any Williams, Stoll, Richards, Greene, Mitchell, 2012-Brown, 2014-Gaborik, type players on this roster.

You can keep bringing up Carter, but injuries are part of the deal, and you can expect more of them going forward from the aging core. Quick can't stay healthy for an entire season anymore, and let's face it, the only time the Kings have been truly dominant this season is when Quick was standing on his head.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
But are you surprised? These guys are not cold-blooded killers. There aren't any Williams, Stoll, Richards, Greene, Mitchell, 2012-Brown, 2014-Gaborik, type players on this roster.

You can keep bringing up Carter, but injuries are part of the deal, and you can expect more of them going forward from the aging core. Quick can't stay healthy for an entire season anymore, and let's face it, the only time the Kings have been truly dominant this season is when Quick was standing on his head.

Kind of, yeah. Most teams are better at home than on the road. I'm not saying anything profound.

Injuries are part of the deal but you and I have done this dance ad nauseum, I think adding a 60-point center to the lineup is a big deal, you don't.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Kind of, yeah. Most teams are better at home than on the road. I'm not saying anything profound.

Injuries are part of the deal but you and I have done this dance ad nauseum, I think adding a 60-point center to the lineup is a big deal, you don't.

I think the only thing we know as King fans is we don't know what the Kings are. Just when you think you have them figured out they go back to being flat and boring.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the only thing we know as King fans is we don't know what the Kings are. Just when you think you have them figured out they go back to being flat and boring.

Pretty much.

Go from beating one of the top teams in the league on the road at the end of an extended trip, come home and look uninspired and blow a couple of winnable games. Any other team that might be the death knell, but for us, now having to play VGK back-to-back might be the best thing :laugh: They're a total enigma in the best of times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad