Kingdom Hearts 3

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Looks like there will be some trailers at E3.
Super hyped for this game though, so happy to FINALLY have a release date.

Been waiting for this. I have the remakes on the PS4. Time to play from the beginning. I haven’t played any of them since ps2 days.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Been waiting for this. I have the remakes on the PS4. Time to play from the beginning. I haven’t played any of them since ps2 days.
Yep! I've been waiting for this to get announced to do the very same thing. I might end up swinging by GameStop to pick up 1.5&2.5 since it's $10 off right now

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Lol! They promised a 2018 release date all year and still managed to delay it.

Most incompetent company in gaming. Hands down.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Ive never been more hyped for a game, been waiting soooo long for a release date. Love kingdom hearts and I have no doubt that this game will be great

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Lol! They promised a 2018 release date all year and still managed to delay it.

Most incompetent company in gaming. Hands down.
Yeah it was mentioned in another tweet about the delay, but honestly we've waited this long already, I can handle an extra month or two.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Yeah it was mentioned in another tweet about the delay, but honestly we've waited this long already, I can handle an extra month or two.

Definitely not the end of the world, but it certainly reinforces how pathetic of a company SE is. They have absolutely no idea how to properly communicate.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Definitely not the end of the world, but it certainly reinforces how pathetic of a company SE is. They have absolutely no idea how to properly communicate.
Yeah and especially how much they like to tease their fans. I was going to be so pissed if all they did at E3 was just show more little trailers without a release date.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm not sure I understand this statement. Now let me preface by saying I am in no means defending SE here. With that being said...

When a company rushes a game and is released with tons of flaws/issues, the immediate response from the gaming world is that they wish the company would have taken a bit longer, delayed if necessary to release a finished & polished product. When a company delays the product (even though its been a few times) to release a more polished product, the company is pathetic?

A project this big and complex has so many moving parts. I'm fine with them delaying the release a few more months in order to give us a proper product.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I'm not sure I understand this statement. Now let me preface by saying I am in no means defending SE here. With that being said...

When a company rushes a game and is released with tons of flaws/issues, the immediate response from the gaming world is that they wish the company would have taken a bit longer, delayed if necessary to release a finished & polished product. When a company delays the product (even though its been a few times) to release a more polished product, the company is pathetic?

A project this big and complex has so many moving parts. I'm fine with them delaying the release a few more months in order to give us a proper product.

When the company announces a game 6 years ago, and up until yesterday continues to reaffirm to its fanbase that the game would come out in 2018, and then proceeds to delay it just days before the expected confirmation of a 2018 release, somebody somewhere screwed up internally. There’s a reason Square Enix issued an apology alongside this - they messed up. If you promise your boss a deadline, and then push it back because your deliverable is not ready, does he give you a pat on the back? It’s not like they are doing something novel with this delay, like every other delay in the history of video games/sports/business/etc they failed to complete their project on time.

This was the same excuse people used with FFXV, but Square Enix still managed to release a game that was 75% complete. So you’ll have to understand why I’m not giving SE the benefit of the doubt here. They’ll need to earn that.

Being ok with pushing the release date back 1-2 months (because we all know with SE that if it was 2018, it would have been 12/31) is not the point - everyone can handle a small delay like that. It just further supports that Square Enix is completely out of touch with how to communicate to it’s fanbase, and has been for the last ~10 years.

How many Phoenix downs is this company allowed with some of you? :) I wish it worked this way in the real world too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
More than 13 years after KHII...man do I feel old all of a sudden.

Disappointed to see it's a 2019 release after all, buy hey Square gonna Square.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
More than 13 years after KHII...man do I feel old all of a sudden.

Disappointed to see it's a 2019 release after all, buy hey Square gonna Square.
It's insane someone could've been born the day KH2 came out and be able to see PG-13 movies by the time the full sequel comes out. Some of the spin off games in the interim were fun but FFS I just want this game already.

On the bright side the game looks absolutely beautiful. One of those games that you could say justifies the next generation of consoles.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Frozen wasn’t even released yet when KH3 was announced.

The crazy thing is it hadn’t been released at that point, meaning nobody could have foreseen its success. They’re not going to take any random Disney title for a Kingdom Hearts world.

Big Hero 6 was released over a year after KH3 came out.

Which means Square Enix essentially announced a AAA game title in its drawing board stages of development.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I love Kingdom Hearts but for the overall story I feel completely lost at this point. Never played any of the mobile games and the broader story of KHII didn't really sink in for me to well to begin with and now it's been sooo long since that came out. I mean, who the hell is Aqua again?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love Kingdom Hearts but for the overall story I feel completely lost at this point. Never played any of the mobile games and the broader story of KHII didn't really sink in for me to well to begin with and now it's been sooo long since that came out. I mean, who the hell is Aqua again?

One of the three heros from Birth by Sleep, Terra, Aqua, and Ven. If you remember the secret ending from two, those three were the characters in the armor.

Terra gets possessed by Xenonort, or the evil Ansem we are in Kingdom Hearts 1. Ven is basically the pre-incarnation of Roxas now trapped in Sora, and Aqua is their lady friend who makes friends with Mickey and gets trapped in the realm of darkness.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
When the company announces a game 6 years ago, and up until yesterday continues to reaffirm to its fanbase that the game would come out in 2018, and then proceeds to delay it just days before the expected confirmation of a 2018 release, somebody somewhere screwed up internally. There’s a reason Square Enix issued an apology alongside this - they messed up. If you promise your boss a deadline, and then push it back because your deliverable is not ready, does he give you a pat on the back? It’s not like they are doing something novel with this delay, like every other delay in the history of video games/sports/business/etc they failed to complete their project on time.

This was the same excuse people used with FFXV, but Square Enix still managed to release a game that was 75% complete. So you’ll have to understand why I’m not giving SE the benefit of the doubt here. They’ll need to earn that.

Being ok with pushing the release date back 1-2 months (because we all know with SE that if it was 2018, it would have been 12/31) is not the point - everyone can handle a small delay like that. It just further supports that Square Enix is completely out of touch with how to communicate to it’s fanbase, and has been for the last ~10 years.

How many Phoenix downs is this company allowed with some of you? :) I wish it worked this way in the real world too.
Absolutely fair. I will say this, it had to have been something big that was messed up for them to have pushed the release date PAST the holiday season of 2018.

And regarding the bold... :laugh: well said.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Absolutely fair. I will say this, it had to have been something big that was messed up for them to have pushed the release date PAST the holiday season of 2018.

And regarding the bold... :laugh: well said.

Oh man, I hope it wasn’t something major. Game does look beautiful though, so hopefully the product turns out better than FF15.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I still get the vibe the game is still really incomplete, not sure why.

If they announced in a month this was getting the sonic and knuckles treatment I wouldn’t be surprised at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad