LDsv% 97.63 97.60
MDsv% 92.88 91.47
HDsv% 84.32 81.53
GSAA 28.65 3.9
GAA 2.25 2.52
Wins 38 40
Win% 74.51 70.18
QS% 68.6 58.9

Sorry about the crappy formatting, I could not get it to align correctly.

But right now, the bottom line is Rinne has Vasilevskiy beat in every category except total wins. Every single one.

If the season ended today and anyone voted for Vasilevskiy over Rinne they should have their voting rights revoked...........

Plus it's the control of the game. Rinne has the best rebound control by far in the league and is one of the best puck handling/moving goalies. IN fact there was a study done where those attributes hinder a goalie's expected save percentage. Meaning goalies like Crawford while great, are not 2 Dsv% great, whereas Rinne is even better than a 1.78 DSv% goalie.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Pekka is in a whole other world right now

Plus it's how he's doing it. I actually think it's sustainable. He's playing a super technical and sound game where he's tracking pucks like a boss (Even under heavy screens), gobbling rebounds whenever he can, and being one of the best puck movers in the league.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Plus it's how he's doing it. I actually think it's sustainable. He's playing a super technical and sound game where he's tracking pucks like a boss (Even under heavy screens), gobbling rebounds whenever he can, and being one of the best puck movers in the league.

Exactly. I don't see him making Matrix-esque saves. His vision is there, his movement is less over reactive than we've seen in the past, and as usual his glove is fantastic.

I do think the team in front of him helps keep high danger opportunities down. Smart funneling, reduced sreening, better on the dot helps reduce risk in d zone starts, etc. All shots are not equal even though the shot counter on the TV screen may try to tell us otherwise.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Exactly. I don't see him making Matrix-esque saves. His vision is there, his movement is less over reactive than we've seen in the past, and as usual his glove is fantastic.

I do think the team in front of him helps keep high danger opportunities down. Smart funneling, reduced sreening, better on the dot helps reduce risk in d zone starts, etc. All shots are not equal even though the shot counter on the TV screen may try to tell us otherwise.

I also feel that's why throughout his career he's always been very healthy. There's no coincidence Quick, Crawford, etc. keep on getting hurt as their style tends to lead to more injuries (Unfortunate for Crawford as he's legitimately a fantastic goalie and guy).

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Whatever happened last year when he first caught fire, definitely seems like a fix that has carried over to this season as well. He's been playing well and confident ever since.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Finns love Nashville bcs Pekka tells so nice things about the team and city. We're also very happy with how it's looking like Saros will be passed the torch eventually. :) And now you also have the most mediasexy teen. We might not be true fans, but we like to ride your bandwagon all season.

Patrik Laine my friend

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
How can someone who looks like somebody's out of shape dad be so dang good?

I think he and Geno are the only ones I like on Pittsburgh, now that MAF is in Vegas and Hornqvist broke my heart.
I may be mistaken but his pudgy appearance may be an effect of cancer medication.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I may be mistaken but his pudgy appearance may be an effect of cancer medication.
You know, I never thought about that and am horrified that I said something so insensitive. Still, one would think that his pudginess would slow him down some and it just doesn't!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You know, I never thought about that and am horrified that I said something so insensitive. Still, one would think that his pudginess would slow him down some and it just doesn't!
Nah it's all kind of a running joke and even he's made light of it a few times in the past but for some reason I do think that's what it comes from. However if I'm wrong it would be great if someone could correct me.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Nah it's all kind of a running joke and even he's made light of it a few times in the past but for some reason I do think that's what it comes from. However if I'm wrong it would be great if someone could correct me.
I looked at his draft picture and he wasn't quite as dad-ish, but he was still kinda doughy. I'm going to say it's mostly genetics.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
In case anyone was still wondering about the Vezina..

last 10 games goals allowed

Rinne: 1,3,5,0,2,1,2,0,3,2 19 goals in 10 games
Vasilevskiy: 2,6,3,3,6,3,4,6,2,3 38 goals in 10 games

for those of you not great at math, thats exactly twice as many goals given up by Vasilevskiy than Rinne in the last 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->