King Rinne for Vezina

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So nice to have saros learning from his as well with them both being Finns as well.

Maybe if Rinne gets Vezina this season it solidifies him as a HOFer. Just need damn vasilevski to lose a few lol.

Rinne looking like he is 25 years old lately though.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I think if we end up passing TB in the standings that will help too, but the fact that the GMs vote for it makes me feel a lot better. The media awards are a joke.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Rinnes contract expires summer 2019. Obviously if he' still playing like this Poile will extend him.
Hopefully, it'll be a 1 year deal but I would be ok with a 2 year one if he's playing at the same level. Age hits hard eventually.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think if we end up passing TB in the standings that will help too, but the fact that the GMs vote for it makes me feel a lot better. The media awards are a joke.

After last night, one has to think Rinne is the frontrunner.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
rinne is the clear favorite right now. he just needs to keep up the quality starts and winning at even somewhat the rate he is now and it's his.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
The stats are close, but barring a Rinne collapse, I think he deserves it. To be playing at this level at 36 is very rare-- I certainly had my doubts he could based on his play 2 years ago, and even big parts of last year. If Vasielskopaveloski was clearly better, he should get it. But if it's close, should go to the 36 year old veteran who's never won it, especially with the rarity of playing at this level late in his career.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The stats are close, but is it not true that right now Rinne leads in just about every stat except wins??

I know he leads in GAA, save % and HD save %.

Despite all that I am still seeing people saying Val should get it because he has 3 more wins. I don't get that at all.....

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
As long as he plays for the Preds I won't believe he wins it or is the front runner until he wins it.

might be true if the media decided... but the GMs will be fair, i think.

The confounding factor might be all (or most) of the Eastern GMs supporting Vasilevskiy and the West splitting between Rinne and Hellebuyck

Reactions: predfan98

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Gotta admit, before the season started I did not see anything like this coming. It would have been too much to reasonably hope for. Saros has come on nicely as well, tbh. The goaltending has been a lot better overall than I feared it might.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Rinne has a decent chance at the Jennings, the Bruins (Rask/Khudobin) currently have 2 fewer goals allowed, but they've played two fewer games. The Kings (Quick) have 1 more allowed in the same number of games and are probably joint favorites. Dallas is 9 goals back in the same number played, so they're probably too far back. Doesn't look like Saros will get to 25 games played (or Kuemper).

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Rinne has a decent chance at the Jennings, the Bruins (Rask/Khudobin) currently have 2 fewer goals allowed, but they've played two fewer games. The Kings (Quick) have 1 more allowed in the same number of games and are probably joint favorites. Dallas is 9 goals back in the same number played, so they're probably too far back. Doesn't look like Saros will get to 25 games played (or Kuemper).
Well Kuemper plays for Arizona so he's definitely out unless there's some weird loophole in the rule

Reactions: dknash

You

Jul 1, 2010
If he spends his off days attending LA games and is the emergency goalie called into action 6 times, I think he qualifies.

Might have to retire before every game to be eligible.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd generally agree with this but it's not like Tampa Bay has the market cornored on big market bias.
might be true if the media decided... but the GMs will be fair, i think.

The confounding factor might be all (or most) of the Eastern GMs supporting Vasilevskiy and the West splitting between Rinne and Hellebuyck

Nope til it happens I'm not buying it. He could be against a dog from an AHL team and I still wouldn't believe he win til it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad