KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
But would have been better option to sell them. Either way their troubles are exposed, mine as well take the cash, rather than nothing. Nalimov and Tkachev are 2 of the leagues top players, could have got some serious cash from a big fish.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Exactly. And if they sold those guys it would had pretty much covered their unpaid wages which they will have to pay anyway. Tkachyov, Sayustov, Nalimov and Bartulis surely have some value.

Just cutting lose some players that were going to leave anyway that were griping. With being out of the playoffs now it made it easier to just clean house.

I thought cleaning house is about letting bad players go, not the best ones.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
There is a rule - if you are not paid 2 months, the league can declare you as a UFA. I guess those players wanted to do so, but there was not time (deadline 27th), so they made an agreement with the former team. If they were declared a UFA, the former team would get nothing anyway.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Just curious. Can Mironov & Slepyshev sign for this season? Deadline is over.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In a first (?) legit offseason transaction Tomas Filippi is going to Amur. If they manage to keep Zohorna that's a pretty good fit.

Reactions: hansomreiste

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
hello guys, Florida Panthers fan coming in peace here.
The subject of Ilya Kovalchuk has come up in our forum, and even though I think him coming to the Panthers is far fetched as he'd probably like to join a contender right away if he does come to the NHL; I still think he's a great player and would become our #1 player if he joins our team.

Other Panthers fans have said that's not true, that he'd be our 4th 5th best player ...... what do you guys think of all of this?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think they are closer to the truth than you are. How many 35 year-old skaters who are #1 on their team can you name? Time just doesn't work that way.

And Panthers aren't a bad team either.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
hello guys, Florida Panthers fan coming in peace here.
The subject of Ilya Kovalchuk has come up in our forum, and even though I think him coming to the Panthers is far fetched as he'd probably like to join a contender right away if he does come to the NHL; I still think he's a great player and would become our #1 player if he joins our team.

Other Panthers fans have said that's not true, that he'd be our 4th 5th best player ...... what do you guys think of all of this?
As time passes by Dadonov would be/is a better winger for you. Probably not an answer you like, but it is what it is. Kovalchuk is not getting younger.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I think they are closer to the truth than you are. How many 35 year-old skaters who are #1 on their team can you name? Time just doesn't work that way.

And Panthers aren't a bad team either.

for sure age is a factor and this is not prime Kovy, but can you elaborate? I'd like to get some more insight from your side into Kovy's play. Is it that he's lazy now etc? I mean I'm sure you guys watch the KHL on a regular basis so I can't really tell why other than obviously think that his speed and stamina is just not there anymore (I remember he use to play 28 minutes in the NHL). But he still led the KHL in points in regular season. So how should that be looked at? every one younger than him just sucks? obviously not, so then there's got to be some merit. People can obviously say it's not the NHL, but this is not Nigel Dawes we're talking about.

We're not a bad team, and we have an elite player like Barkov, but I still can't see our young players being better scorers than Kovalchuk even at this stage.

As time passes by Dadonov would be/is a better winger for you. Probably not an answer you like, but it is what it is. Kovalchuk is not getting younger.

It's no problem I just wanted to get the insight from KHL fans. I guess we'll have to wait for Kovy to show up to the NHL and see how he does only real way to find out. I'm sure he's less dynamic now and just feeds off of his natural abilities such as shooting. Just don't see anyone in the Panthers that can snipe or one time the puck like Kovy though. We don't have any natural goalscorers like that.

Last edited:

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
for sure age is a factor and this is not prime Kovy, but can you elaborate? I'd like to get some more insight from your side into Kovy's play. Is it that he's lazy now etc? I mean I'm sure you guys watch the KHL on a regular basis so I can't really tell why other than obviously think that his speed and stamina is just not there anymore (I remember he use to play 28 minutes in the NHL). But he still led the KHL in points in regular season. So how should that be looked at? every one younger than him just sucks? obviously not, so then there's got to be some merit. People can obviously say it's not the NHL, but this is not Nigel Dawes we're talking about.

We're not a bad team, and we have an elite player like Barkov, but I still can't see our young players being better scorers than Kovalchuk even at this stage.

It's no problem I just wanted to get the insight from KHL fans. I guess we'll have to wait for Kovy to show up to the NHL and see how he does only real way to find out. I'm sure he's less dynamic now and just feeds off of his natural abilities such as shooting. Just don't see anyone in the Panthers that can snipe or one time the puck like Kovy though. We don't have any natural goalscorers like that.

He's slower than he use to be as that comes with age. He could fit on Florida's 1st powerplay, but 5 on 5 probably 3rd liner.

Whatever team gets him should use him in a "protected role". Offensive zone starts, powerplay, when your team is down a goal and ect. I think that's similar to how Pittsburgh used Justin Schultz and he had more success than in Edmonton when they seem to use him in all-around situations. Use him for his strengths and hide him from his weaknesses

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well he is still top-6 player for sure because he is by no means slow. But he is slower and less tenacious than he used to be. I mean you can youtube him ragdolling Schenn in a fight, he is not that guy anymore.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Well he is still top-6 player for sure because he is by no means slow.

Yeah I agree, still good but less explosive. In the KHL Also, I noticed his game got a little more careless -more turnovers etc.
Ray Ferraro said it best during the Olympic coverage - Kovy maybe has too high expectations from himself and can try to do too much. As an aging player he is going to need to adjust this from his game, not be the #1 guy, but be okay being the #4 or 5 guy.

Last edited:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Yeah I agree, still good but less explosive. In the KHL Also, I noticed his game got a little more careless -more turnovers etc.
Ray Ferraro said it best during the Olympic coverage - Kovy maybe has too high expectations from himself and can try to do too much. As an aging player he is going to need to adjust this from his game, not be the #1 guy, but be okay being the #4 or 5 guy.

Well, it's Kovy, at the Olympics he was in full "Save Russia" mood, so, he will not be the same in the NHL.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Where do you think Nigel Dawes lands now that he's not coming back to Barys? Stay in the KHL or maybe NLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad