KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
They also have 18 forwards, wish he would have went somewhere with more opportunity.

You misunderstand his situation I guess. His tatar roots are what gave him a contract in Kazan. I doubt many other teams were after him in light if his destinguished career in the AHL.

No reports yet that I have seen of Tkachev being signed, but he did skate in the teams blue-white game the other day.

It was said the deal is almost done, just working on details. Sounds credible. I guess he is as good as set.

Yikes Frolov looking pretty old these days! He was such a great winger with LA back in the day. Too bad about injuries to the groin and knee - what could have been. At least I'm glad he's back to being a productive KHLer and earning a living playing professional hockey.

Speaking of long-lost and outstanding young Russians with the Kings, how good has Voynov been since returning to Russia? Always thought he had huge potential and was starting to look like a top pairing guy in LA but frankly haven't heard a peep about his play since he crossed back over.
Frolov never stopped. He jyst wasn't that great anymore after the injuries.

Voynov looks like a mystery to me. Everybody expects him to be a dominant OD. That he still fails to deliver. Question is why?

For the record. I never liked him as a player to the level of the hype. Maybe he is not that great after all. Just a middle of the pack guy in the NHL, above it in the KHL obviously, but also not a shining superstar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What is the level of play in the VHL (I believe that is the KHLs version of the AHL).

How would a high scoring ECHL player do there?

The most important difference is the rink size here. A high scoring ECHLer in a vacuum could earn a living in the VHL or fail depending on his style of play and adjustment to the large rink.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nope. But then I don't know the position of every single player on all 27 teams in the KHL either. My favourite team is Sibir, and I don't even know every single player on the team, much less their position. This isn't a religion for me, just something I enjoy.

Oh ok, makes sense.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Voynov looks like a mystery to me. Everybody expects him to be a dominant OD. That he still fails to deliver. Question is why?

For the record. I never liked him as a player to the level of the hype. Maybe he is not that great after all. Just a middle of the pack guy in the NHL, above it in the KHL obviously, but also not a shining superstar.
Uh? Voynov was pretty disappointing in his first SKA season, but really stood out the last season. I expected him to be even more productive as well, but it's a bit harsh to say that he failed to deliver. And he was a great secondary defenseman for the Kings too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Uh? Voynov was pretty disappointing in his first SKA season, but really stood out the last season. I expected him to be even more productive as well, but it's a bit harsh to say that he failed to deliver. And he was a great secondary defenseman for the Kings too.

He has certainly not reached his touted potential as of now.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't see anything on Tyutin. Is he still a NHLer next season?

He is up there in age, but I think he can contribute in KHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Signing Markov + showcasing youth in Nizhniy Novgorod and Fatkulin is gone to Torpedo. Good for him. Unlike what some experts think our blueline is loaded and the kid gets a chance there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's crowded, not loaded. There's a difference.

You should loan Abrosimov to something like Amur as well, he's just not ready to play on a decent team.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It's crowded, not loaded. There's a difference.

You should loan Abrosimov to something like Amur as well, he's just not ready to play on a decent team.

If they tied you to a chair and tortured you, you would never admit AkBars is good at anything. But our defence is loaded. Live with it.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
If they tied you to a chair and tortured you, you would never admit AkBars is good at anything. But our defence is loaded. Live with it.

Great...came here to read about hockey and now you put an image of Javier Bardem torturing Daniel Craig in my mind...have to go google Bond25 now, damn you Atas :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
yugra announces Jeremy Morin signing. Decent coup for them.

Southiechickie

Nov 15, 2016
South Boston
Saw a post on Instagram of a couple of guys who used to play in the states-Brandon Yip, Magnus Helberg and Brandon DeFabizo(spelling). Who are these guys playing for? Seems like a lot of guys are headed overseas this year-more than other years? Curious to see who goes in the next few weeks.
Any thoughts on Brandon Pirri joining Morin?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Enlund looked done last few season. I understand Sibir fans have nice memories of him but he might not be what he used to.

Seems like a lot of guys are headed overseas this year-more than other years? Curious to see who goes in the next few weeks.
Any thoughts on Brandon Pirri joining Morin?

I'd say movement is as usual. Plenty of guys done with the NHL dream move to Europe every year, I wouldn't say there is anything different about it this season.

And Pirri joining Yugra is extremely unlikely as such high profile player joining a bad team in the middle of nowhere with piles of snow in October isn't appealing. One of big teams will get him, be it KHL or NLA.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I understand Fontaine didn't quite cut it in the NHL but man can he shoot the puck by the KHL standards.. Minsk got a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad