KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
VHL is more or less equal to ECHL but is very low scoring so these guys would do more or less as well as they did in the ECHL but would score less just because how the league is.

I mean again, going back to that Tulupov example, fringe KHL player = good-ish VHL player. And as we established, fringe KHL player = good-ish ECHL player. So ECHL is more or less equal to the VHL.

Thanks a lot!

Decisions to be made.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
No reports yet that I have seen of Tkachev being signed, but he did skate in the teams blue-white game the other day.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Yikes Frolov looking pretty old these days! He was such a great winger with LA back in the day. Too bad about injuries to the groin and knee - what could have been. At least I'm glad he's back to being a productive KHLer and earning a living playing professional hockey.

Speaking of long-lost and outstanding young Russians with the Kings, how good has Voynov been since returning to Russia? Always thought he had huge potential and was starting to look like a top pairing guy in LA but frankly haven't heard a peep about his play since he crossed back over.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is actually pretty big. Not the most Skabelka's kind of guy but you can't argue with pure quality and Pettersson is as pure of a goal scoring quality as they get. To be honest, fight for the East between Avangard vs. Ak Bars vs. slumping Magnitka is probably the most interesting thing about the upcoming season. The other thing of interest is that if those teams get rolling there aren't many teams that could offer them any resistance. They will just get rolled.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
This is actually pretty big. Not the most Skabelka's kind of guy but you can't argue with pure quality and Pettersson is as pure of a goal scoring quality as they get. To be honest, fight for the East between Avangard vs. Ak Bars vs. slumping Magnitka is probably the most interesting thing about the upcoming season. The other thing of interest is that if those teams get rolling there aren't many teams that could offer them any resistance. They will just get rolled.

I'm also interested in seeing who kicks us out at conference semi finals this time around. :laugh: The most exciting thing so far for me was the arrival of Skabelka before all else and now Petersson. Those two easily prevails all others for me and makes me kinda hopeful that we may at least go to Gagarin Cup finals again. I don't think any other team than CSKA and/or SKA has the chance to hoist the cup before this league implements some kind of player limitation rule or salary cap yet one can dream - once you're there, all you need to do is win four games and I strongly believe this team is capable of doing that.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Alexander Khovanov signs a 3yr deal with Ak Bars Kazan. No idea whether it is significant or not, though. He's basically back home.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
One really doesn't have anything to do with another but like I wrote in season preview, Ak Bars needed Ds so getting one makes perfect sense.

Markov is a great signing though, someone who still easily could have had an NHL job if wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
One really doesn't have anything to do with another but like I wrote in season preview, Ak Bars, despite everything Atas said, needed Ds so getting one makes perfect sense.

Markov is a great signing though, someone who still easily could have had an NHL job if wanted to.

Sorry, this is how much I follow the NHL. I just assumed he was a forward. My bad.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
One really doesn't have anything to do with another but like I wrote in season preview, Ak Bars, despite everything Atas said, needed Ds so getting one makes perfect sense.

Yeah, he ll probably get 2 or even 3 years KHL contract instead of 1 year in NHL.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
You follow Russian hockey and you didn't know Markov was a D? What? :laugh:

Nope. But then I don't know the position of every single player on all 27 teams in the KHL either. My favourite team is Sibir, and I don't even know every single player on the team, much less their position. This isn't a religion for me, just something I enjoy.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
One really doesn't have anything to do with another but like I wrote in season preview, Ak Bars needed Ds so getting one makes perfect sense.

If you have a chance to sign Markov you do it unless you are Bergevin. No matter how good your defence is.

Nothing is certain for now by the way. I will wait till a proper anouncement. If Markov indeed signs it will actually make the blue line crowded, especially for young guys and I would expect trades/loans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->