KHL to house first outdoor game - Jokerit v SKA

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Small correction to that article, it's actually the 100th anniversary of independent Finland, not Finnish hockey. Ticket prices are between 32-73 euros, so not too bad, though 73 euros for a standing room is pretty steep.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
They will have public skating there as well during the week after the SKA-match.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Around 13k tickets sold as of yesterday. Here's a recent vid of the nearly fully constructed stands

They will also have an alumni game there on Friday 1st of Dec with free entrance.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Rumour has it that shieet is going to hit the fan. Big time. And I'm not talking about attendace or weather.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
So what are you talking about exactly because I, for one, have no idea.
Let's just say that that there will be 2000 Jokerit fans whom thinks that there has been corrupted referees in past few games. They don't want to witness it specially in this game and specially not against SKA. They will be drunk and they will be loud. I guess they don't need many sparks to explode. Then it can get ugly. This is not just a another game for many Jokerit fan. Also fans love to hate Ilya Kovalchuk. Evgeny Ketov will get some extra attention too if he dares to get on the ice.

And fans are not alone. It's goes to the top in the organisation.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
This is Finland. Perhaps some idiots will throw coins on the ice but it's not like we're Greeks or any other "hot-blooded" folks.

Though I agree that reffing has been abysmal during the past few games and I don't usually complain about referees

Reactions: Exarz and TommySalo

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Not going to lie, this looks way more atmospheric and fun to watch than trying to discern anything from 3 miles in American football stadiums:

Congratulations to the participants, the league and the fans.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
29€ - 75€, if I remember it right.
Thanks. Russian media quoted Kohonen saying the costs are 1,3 million € & Jokerit shares them with HIFK. So some 650 000 € for every club. Total of 17000 fans on the game, so income at least 500 000 €. Not bad.

stehplaetzler

Dec 2, 2017
Berlin
Nice picture, the atmosphere was unique, especially the panorama view with the incoming trains to the main station! And great hockey by the way, SKA clearly the better team

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Nice game, nice fans and nice atmosphere. Better team won.

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
That was surprisingly pleasant experience. Quite a bit better viewer experience than the Olympic outdoor hockey events of yesteryears.

Didn't see this as I was there early, but apparently they had some problems fitting people as the spaces between people were too large in places. They also did announcements only in Finnish - meaning Russian fans did not get the message to squeeze up. Hopefully something learned for the Tuesday's game.

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Great experience but heck it was cold standing there! SKA was clearly the better team but it pisses me off that the refs gave SKA the 5 on 3 powerplay that resulted in the 4-2 goal...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This was a wonderful experience. Standing for 3 hours was a bit too much for my knees in the end but so worth it! I am flying home tomorrow and I am really happy I made the trip for this.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Great experience but heck it was cold standing there! SKA was clearly the better team but it pisses me off that the refs gave SKA the 5 on 3 powerplay that resulted in the 4-2 goal...
Business as usual. Also we got two PP and scored once. Self explaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->