KHL teams logos, jerseys and brands

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is there any information about their roster?

So their roster is finally clear as the have played first game already. Mostly Russian guys, some of them VHL stars even (Pechursky, Yachmenyov) and around 8 Chinese guys I have no clue about. Can't be bothered to look them up in Cyrillic.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
I was bored so I wrote some random thoughts on potential team names and color schemes I would like to see. Yes I know most of this expansion is very hypothetical.

South Korea/Japan: Dolphins, Orcas, Tsunamis, Samurais, Ninjas, Seals

Russian teams: (I know some of these are used in the minor leagues) Firebirds, Yeti, Snipers, Brown/Black Bears, Rockets (space exploration related names), Meteors/Comets.

English team: Ice Guard (red, black, gold uniforms like a palace guard), Ice/Royals/Lions, Sweepers (old fashioned chimney sweep holding a hockey stick)

Color schemes needed in the KHL: Silver and black. A purple combo. Brick red and gold like Florida State.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
English team: Ice Guard (red, black, gold uniforms like a palace guard), Ice/Royals/Lions, Sweepers (old fashioned chimney sweep holding a hockey stick)

Wembley (London) Emperors is a thing. Whether they are for KHL or not we don't know yet. The arena is currently being sorted for ice hockey we are told. Its pretty cool name though I think.

A space/cosmos related Russian team name would be really cool!

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Oh please not again with that Amerikanski stupid stuff. NHL has enough of those idiotic nicknames which suit them. I will get cancer if "Crowns" ever comes in and then die when we have a team called Emperors, Ice Somethings or stuff like that. One English team can be excused maybe, since using an English name should be OK for them, but what's wrong with others? I mean, even Germans do that. Hamburg Freezers? Hannover Scorpions? What the hell? Why would Adler Mannheim, Kölner Haie or Eisbären Berlin look any less cool than this stupid, fake thing?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I get what you say, but actually the DEL teams adopted such marketing names together when the league was established. So in a sense it's equally artificial in all cases even if I agree that names in German generally work better. Many local fans haven't fully adopted them to this day, for example Eisbären is still often referred to as Dynamo even 25 years later.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
So their roster is finally clear as the have played first game already. Mostly Russian guys, some of them VHL stars even (Pechursky, Yachmenyov) and around 8 Chinese guys I have no clue about. Can't be bothered to look them up in Cyrillic.

Link from Eliteprospects shows that they are bringing peace to the world, they have Taipei player on their roster. :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
World is safe now :sarcasm:

At the time roster on eliteprospects only had Russian players, I guess it took them awhile to figure out those Chinese dudes as well :laugh:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

At the time roster on eliteprospects only had Russian players, I guess it took them awhile to figure out those Chinese dudes as well :laugh:

That was not so complicated for EP... all they need to do was to look at twitter. There was Jilin roster a day before VHL season´s start.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

Couple of these players were also on other Chinese team's preliminary roster. No idea how they are assigned to one or another.

RicEsteban85

Jan 20, 2013
Aachen
upload_2018-8-30_17-48-26.png

Avangards New Logo

Dont know yet whether I like it or not...

Reactions: Rigafan

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hopefully not a terrible bump.

I seemingly bought some game worn Neftekhimik jerseys. I am curious about more of the history of the area and team. There seems to be some type of Celtic knot on the jersey's shoulders and the back near the wordmark. I know it has other similar meaning for Nordic mythology and Germanic history but I am unsure of what it means here.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I seemingly bought some game worn Neftekhimik jerseys. I am curious about more of the history of the area and team. There seems to be some type of Celtic knot on the jersey's shoulders and the back near the wordmark. I know it has other similar meaning for Nordic mythology and Germanic history but I am unsure of what it means here.
I'm not sure how much do you know but Nizhnekamsk is the very new factory town built almost from scratch around the petrochemical plant in the 60s. The "Celtic knot" logo was one of the concern owning the factory, you can read more about the concern itself and see what is still their logo here: Title | Corporate website PJSC "Nizhnekamskneftekhim" . Subsequently, the logo is also tied to a chemical process of some sort however I was given the explanation 4 years ago and forgot what is it exactly.

Now since we are talking about USSR times you could have never said back then there is some sort of religious symbolism in your logo but sometimes there was. Now I don't know if Celtic knot is used in Tatarstan and has some mythological meaning even if it does the creators of logo could have never said it even they knew full well what they are doing. At the same time, it can be just circumstantial and their intention really could have been just to illustrate some chemical process their life is built around. That's what the original explanation meant anyway.

Hope this helps some, maybe Atas can shed some light on this. There was a great 20-25 minute video about the city and the team made by KHL on youtube in 2014 when they ran series called "KHL cities" but it seems like it has since been removed. Maybe some Russian guys could find it on their local websites.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm not sure how much do you know but Nizhnekamsk is the very new factory town built almost from scratch around the petrochemical plant in the 60s. The "Celtic knot" logo was one of the concern owning the factory, you can read more about the concern itself and see what is still their logo here: Title | Corporate website PJSC "Nizhnekamskneftekhim" . Subsequently, the logo is also tied to a chemical process of some sort however I was given the explanation 4 years ago and forgot what is it exactly.

Now since we are talking about USSR times you could have never said back then there is some sort of religious symbolism in your logo but sometimes there was. Now I don't know if Celtic knot is used in Tatarstan and has some mythological meaning even if it does the creators of logo could have never said it even they knew full well what they are doing. At the same time, it can be just circumstantial and their intention really could have been just to illustrate some chemical process their life is built around. That's what the original explanation meant anyway.

Hope this helps some, maybe Atas can shed some light on this. There was a great 20-25 minute video about the city and the team made by KHL on youtube in 2014 when they ran series called "KHL cities" but it seems like it has since been removed. Maybe some Russian guys could find it on their local websites.

This is very helpful actually. I was aware of the petrochemical facility but not about a lot of its history except that it was around the 60s that the town/city started to be built up. I am going to read more on their website when I get home from work tonight as well. I took a look at their history page earlier today as well and it was interesting to see. It seems like from their business mission statement there are 3 pillars so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it as well, but definitely will look into it. I did suspect it may have to do with chemical reactions as well but the first thing I thought of was asking why it looked like that. I am going to watch the video above, I understand minimal Russian but will do my best.

Thank you again.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm not sure how much do you know but Nizhnekamsk is the very new factory town built almost from scratch around the petrochemical plant in the 60s. The "Celtic knot" logo was one of the concern owning the factory, you can read more about the concern itself and see what is still their logo here: Title | Corporate website PJSC "Nizhnekamskneftekhim" . Subsequently, the logo is also tied to a chemical process of some sort however I was given the explanation 4 years ago and forgot what is it exactly. ...
There's a relatively recently discovered polymerization process inspired by the Celtic knot structure which can produce very strong synthetic structures. Applications have primarily been in the medical industry but the process is being applied to other products such as tires, which is Nizhnekamsk's product base.

Submuloc

Jan 28, 2019
I'm so glad I was able to get a HK Sochi jersey for Christmas from my soon-to-be-in-laws in Russia. It's a replica, but it's difficult to find over here, if at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad