KHL teams logos, jerseys and brands

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Torpedos new uniform. I didn't see it posted. Old logo remains official logo and on shoulders.

VIJwIIiWQy8.jpg

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is there any explanation to the deer, buck or whatever it's called obsession of Torpedo? Does it have anything to do with the club or the region? To my knowledge, torpedo is far from being a cute animal while Nizhniy Novgorod is a modern, industrialized city. Was it known for its bucks or what? I mean, even if it was... The team is called TORPEDO. If you're gonna go with bucks, then you need to go with self-propelled, explosive bucks.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well it was/is the sign of GAZ. I don't know what's the relationship between team and the factory now but obviously they don't want to distance themselves from the past.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is there any explanation to the deer, buck or whatever it's called obsession of Torpedo? Does it have anything to do with the club or the region? To my knowledge, torpedo is far from being a cute animal while Nizhniy Novgorod is a modern, industrialized city. Was it known for its bucks or what? I mean, even if it was... The team is called TORPEDO. If you're gonna go with bucks, then you need to go with self-propelled, explosive bucks.

As SoundAndFury said, it is connected to GAZ, who is the main sponsor of Torpedo.

A deer is on Nizhny Novgorod coat of arms, see.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
The deer is nicely rendered - I think that would make a good alternate jersey and nice logo for merchandise but I still like their round logo, I think it's a nice classic looking logo.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
The deer is nicely rendered - I think that would make a good alternate jersey and nice logo for merchandise but I still like their round logo, I think it's a nice classic looking logo.

That would imply that Russian teams actually care about merchandise though :laugh:

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I like this rebranding. The coloring of the sweater is beautiful, the design is simple and tasteful, and while I'm generally a fan of old-fashioned logos, the deer on ice with those stupid stars merged for one of the ugliest monsters in the K history:

42692.jpg

So my only worry is that you'll need a real life Adblok to see these colors.

1502263520_052-asv__7696.jpg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Torpedo jerseys were ugliest in the league, probably. The new ones look really nice, reminds Amur's jerseys and tiger on them a lot.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
As much as i like old traditional Russian logos but i have to say that the new one is outstanding, the colors are very nice, simple smooth logo, it works.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Definitely a more modern look, the deer looks a bit generic but not bad per se. Ugly sleeves though, remind me of the horrid CHL jerseys designed by Warrior. Blue sleeves with red and white stripes would maybe have been boring and obvious, but also way more elegant.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

In this case there is a connection and a history behind it and there is nothing wrong with the buck. You also totally misinterpreted torpedo. It has nothing to do with a device used by the navys of this world. Torpedo is a sports car shape from the early days of car racing. Thus soviet teams sponsored by motor works carried the name Torpedo. The particular motor works of then Gorky now Nizhniy Novgorod had this

4.jpg

on their cars. So the buck and Torpedo are indeed well interconnected and rooted in the history of the city and the team.

Making it a for-kids logo is what bothers me.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
In this case there is a connection and a history behind it and there is nothing wrong with the buck. You also totally misinterpreted torpedo. It has nothing to do with a device used by the navys of this world. Torpedo is a sports car shape from the early days of car racing. Thus soviet teams sponsored by motor works carried the name Torpedo. The particular motor works of then Gorky now Nizhniy Novgorod had this

4.jpg

on their cars. So the buck and Torpedo are indeed well interconnected and rooted in the history of the city and the team.

Making it a for-kids logo is what bothers me.

Interesting, good to know. They could re-brand around classic deer logo then if it's that much part of the history with the direct connection to it. I was a big fan, remove those stick and ice on the bottom and work around it.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
This is what I see on the VHL website for the second Chinese VHL team, Tsen Tou (Jilin):

%D0%A6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B3%20%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%83%20%20149x119.jpg

Hopefully that is just a placeholder. I remember when KRS came about at first they had a very clip-arty bad logo (like it came from a Double Dragon video game for NES circa 1988) but then the real logo was actually pretty good and nicely rendered.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
This is what I see on the VHL website for the second Chinese VHL team, Tsen Tou (Jilin):

%D0%A6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B3%20%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%83%20%20149x119.jpg

Hopefully that is just a placeholder. I remember when KRS came about at first they had a very clip-arty bad logo (like it came from a Double Dragon video game for NES circa 1988) but then the real logo was actually pretty good and nicely rendered.

I was searching for that also. I'm hating how the 3 Chinese teams are still kind of invisible! They need to open up.

That logo is awesome, don't be mean :handclap:

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
It would look better without the white part and the sticks. Also the text parts could go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->