KHL pick 'em 2017-2018

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys,

Well we ran this last year and it was a lot of fun, so I decided to do it again this year. We had a small but loyal group throughout the regular season and it grew during the playoffs, so I'm hoping we'll have a decent showing this year as well. I'm going to simplify things a bit this year with the bonus games, but otherwise it will be the same format as last year. I'll create a different post after this one with all the rules of the game, as well as another post with the first weeks games. This first thread will just be for the rules, the first weeks schedule of games as well as posting each weeks results. I'll create a new thread for each weeks games. Just one more thing, no sign up necessary, if you want to play just make your picks. All I ask is that if you want to play, don't drop out after a week or two. If you have 2 weeks without picks, consecutive or not, I'll stop counting your picks as you'll be too far out of it to be competitive. Hope you had a great summer and are ready for hockey :handclap:

PS. The schedule will run from Monday to Sunday each week, and the following weeks schedule should be posted by Saturday to give you plenty of time to get your picks in. If you are late, don't worry, just pick the games for that week that haven't already occurred. The only weeks there won't be a schedule is when the EHT is on, the ASG and Olympics.

Last edited:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Game rules:

1) From the menu pick a team to win. I prefer if you just cut and paste the schedule into a reply box and then highlight the team you think will win. Just makes it easier for me when calculating the scores.

2) Bonus games. There are only 3 bonus games this year: Final score, total goals both teams combined and total shots both teams combined. If a game is designated as a bonus game, make sure you also pick the winner of the game. If you don't pick the winner of the game, I will not count it towards your score.

3) If a game is a bonus game and you must pick the final score: Simply put what you feel the final score of the game will be. Just put the score in the order the teams are listed, e.g. if the teams are listed: Ak Bars v Torpedo and you think Torpedo will win 4-3, list your score as 3-4. Also make sure you bold the team you believe will win. You can certainly pick Ak Bars to win the game and have a final score of 4-3 Torpedo if you want to hedge your bets, just don't leave it up to me to guess what you are doing.

4) If the game is a bonus game and you have to guess the total number of goals or shots combined for both teams, just put the number you think it will be, beside the teams names. Eg. Admiral v Sochi 78 SOG, or Vityaz v Sibir 9 goals, and again pick the team you feel will win the game.

5) Points: 1 point for each correct winning team
Bonus games: Final score: 5 points for any player guessing the correct score; if no-one guesses correctly, then 2 points for any player guessing the correct score differential. (e.g.. if the final score is 5-3 and you guessed a final score of 6-4, you would get 2 points, again if no-one correctly guessed the exact score)
Total shots on goal, or total goals both teams combined: Any player that guesses correctly gets 5 points. If there are no correct guesses then the player(s) that come the closest get 2 points.

This is an example of how I would like everyone to make their picks:

Dinamo Riga v Minsk - Final score 2-5
Magnitka v Avangarde - Total shots both teams combined - 76

That's it guys, pretty simple. Hope to have a good crowd this year. If you have any questions please ask :)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
First weeks schedule. Happy picking :)

Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA Final score

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir v Spartak
2) Salavat v Admiral
3) Yugra v Severstal
4) Neftekhimik v Amur
5) Sochi v Kunlun Total shots both teams combined

Wednesday
1) Magnitka v Avto
2) Lada v Traktor Total goals both teams combined
3) Loko v CSKA
4) Dinamo Minsk v Jokerit
5) Dynamo Moscow v Vityaz

Thursday
1) Sibir v Riga Final score
2) Barys v Spartak
3) Ak Bars v Kunlun
4) Neftekhimik v Admiral

Friday
1) Magnitka v Traktor
2) Lada v Avto
3) Minsk v Vityaz
4) SKA v Jokerit Total shots both teams combined
5) Dynamo Moscow v CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir v Severstal
2) Avangarde v Torpedo Total goals both teams combined
3) Ak Bars v Admiral
4) Netekhimik v Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor v Avto
2) Loko v Jokerit
3) Minsk v CSKA Final score

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Alright, well so far this has been met with a great big yawn. I'll make my picks and if no-one joins me, I guess we won't bother with it this year.

Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA Final score 4-3 CSKA

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir v Spartak
2) Salavat v Admiral
3) Yugra v Severstal
4) Neftekhimik v Amur
5) Sochi v Kunlun Total shots both teams combined 57

Wednesday
1) Magnitka v Avto
2) Lada v Traktor Total goals both teams combined 7
3) Loko v CSKA

Thursday
1) Sibir v Riga Final score 3-1 Sibir
2) Barys v Spartak
3) Ak Bars v Kunlun
4) Neftekhimik v Admiral

Friday
1) Magnitka v Traktor
2) Lada v Avto
3) Minsk v Vityaz
4) SKA v Jokerit Total shots both teams combined 64
5) Dynamo Moscow v CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir v Severstal
2) Avangarde v Torpedo Total goals both teams combined 8
3) Ak Bars v Admiral
4) Netekhimik v Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor v Avto
2) Loko v Jokerit
3) Minsk v CSKA Final score 4-2 CSKA

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA Final score 4-2 SKA

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir
2) Salavat
3) Severstal
4) Neftekhimik
5) Kunlun Total shots both teams combined 45

Wednesday
1) Magnitka
2) Traktor Total goals both teams combined 5
3) CSKA
4) Jokerit
5) Dynamo Moscow

Thursday
1) Sibir Final score 3-2 Sibir
2) Spartak
3) Ak Bars
4) Neftekhimik

Friday
1) Magnitka
2) Avto
3) Minsk
4) SKA Total shots both teams combined 69
5) CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir
2) Avangard Total goals both teams combined 6
3) Ak Bars
4) Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor
2) Loko
3) CSKA Final score 5-2 CSKA

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Well, actually I'm not yet in hockey mood (we still have more than 30 °C outside... or, if you prefer,more than 86 °F), and most people around me are still wearing swimsuits, but you won't get rid of this too easily...

I didn't have any time to have a look at the rosters, so my picks probably look silly to an expert's eye, but nevertheless, here they are:

Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA Final score 5-2

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir v Spartak
2) Salavat v Admiral
3) Yugra v Severstal
4) Neftekhimik v Amur
5) Sochi v Kunlun Total shots both teams combined 65

Wednesday
1) Magnitka v Avto
2) Lada v Traktor Total goals both teams combined 7
3) Loko v CSKA

Thursday
1) Sibir v Riga Final score 5-2
2) Barys v Spartak
3) Ak Bars v Kunlun
4) Neftekhimik v Admiral

Friday
1) Magnitka v Traktor
2) Lada v Avto
3) Minsk v Vityaz
4) SKA v Jokerit Total shots both teams combined 68
5) Dynamo Moscow v CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir v Severstal
2) Avangarde v Torpedo Total goals both teams combined 8
3) Ak Bars v Admiral
4) Netekhimik v Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor v Avto
2) Loko v Jokerit
3) Minsk v CSKA Final score 2-4

Kravchuk

May 31, 2017
Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA 3-4

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir v Spartak
2) Salavat v Admiral
3) Yugra v Severstal
4) Neftekhimik v Amur
5) Sochi v Kunlun 62

Wednesday
1) Magnitka v Avto
2) Lada v Traktor 4
3) Loko v CSKA

Thursday
1) Sibir v Riga 4-1
2) Barys v Spartak
3) Ak Bars v Kunlun
4) Neftekhimik v Admiral

Friday
1) Magnitka v Traktor
2) Lada v Avto
3) Minsk v Vityaz
4) SKA v Jokerit 53
5) Dynamo Moscow v CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir v Severstal
2) Avangarde v Torpedo 5
3) Ak Bars v Admiral
4) Netekhimik v Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor v Avto
2) Loko v Jokerit
3) Minsk v CSKA 4-2

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I am looking forward to SKA getting destroyed tonight. Otherwise the whole pick'em thing is too much for me.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I will probably join for the playoffs again ;)

"He who has no time to get picks in before the season starts shall not be successful come play-off time." - Sun Tzu

OK, I'm neither in mood nor well-informed about what have happened with many teams. Considering the fact that laola1.tv doesn't have KHL streams anymore, I will shoot mostly blind. At least we don't get demoted to VHL when we suck in this game. Let's go,

Monday August 21
1) SKA v CSKA, Final score: 4-3 SKA

Tuesday August 22
1) Sibir v Spartak
2) Salavat v Admiral
3) Yugra v Severstal
4) Neftekhimik v Amur
5) Sochi v Kunlun, Total shots both teams combined: 61

Wednesday
1) Magnitka v Avto
2) Lada v Traktor, Total goals both teams combined: 4
3) Loko v CSKA

Thursday
1) Sibir v Riga, Final score: 3-2 Sibir
2) Barys v Spartak
3) Ak Bars v Kunlun
4) Neftekhimik v Admiral

Friday
1) Magnitka v Traktor
2) Lada v Avto
3) Minsk v Vityaz
4) SKA v Jokerit, Total shots both teams combined: 64
5) Dynamo Moscow v CSKA

Saturday
1) Sibir v Severstal
2) Avangard v Torpedo, Total goals both teams combined: 5
3) Ak Bars v Admiral
4) Netekhimik v Kunlun

Sunday
1) Traktor v Avto
2) Loko v Jokerit
3) Minsk v CSKA, Final score: 1-3

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys,

Well only 3 of us managed to get our picks in for the full three weeks, so I'll only be keeping score for those three people. Week one results are as follows:

Tommy Salo 19 correct picks, plus 13 bonus points for a total of 32
Jaco with 22 correct picks plus 2 bonus points for a total of 24
Go Donbass with 19 correct picks plus 4 bonus points for a total of 23

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
After week 2, Tommy Salo has built a bit of a lead. A combination of good picks and tons of bonus points has him firmly in front.

Tommy Salo 11+12=23 for 55 total
Jaco 14+9=23 for 47 total
Go Donbass 12+2=14 for 37 total

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys,

Well I'm finally all caught up with the results. Week three saw things tighten up considerably as Tommy Salo stumbled a bit with his picks, getting only 7 correct, while Jaco had 9 correct and 9 bonus points. That means Tommy Salo's lead is down to 1 point over Jaco.

Tommy Salo 7+4=11 for a total of 66
Jaco 9+9=18 for a total of 65
Go Donbass 12+7=19 for a total of 56

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well looks like the battle between Jaco and Tommy Salo is going to be fierce all season long. Tommy Salo had the best week of the three of us, with 14 correct picks, but Jaco racked up 14 bonus points, and along with his 10 correct picks managed to displace Tommy Salo at the top of the standings. Good work guys!

Jaco 10+14=24 for 89 points
Tommy Salo 14+7=21 for 87 points
Go Donbass 10+6=16 for 72 points

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well I guess when the new version of HF came out it deleted my last post about results, and in any event I'm a week behind. I'll post the week 6 results soon. But in week 5 I managed to climb back into things, but Jaco is still our league leader and Tommy Salo has slipped back into third place. Still lots of time to go though.

Jaco 11+4=15 for 104
Go Donbass 17+9=26 for 98
Tommy Salo 8+2=10 for 97

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ok, week 6 results are in. Jaco and Tommy Salo rocked it with 20 and 19 points respectively. Jaco has opened up a bit of a gap on Tommy Salo who has moved back into second place.

Jaco 12+8=20 for 124
Tommy Salo 13+6=19 for 116
Go Donbass 9+4=13 for 111

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So week 7 results are in, and Tommy Salo is the best of the week. He garnered the most correct picks and the most bonus points. However, he only finished with 2 more points than Jaco, and I was 5 points back. So Jaco continues to lead overall, but Tommy Salo has pulled a little closer.

Jaco 13+4=17 for 141
Tommy Salo 14+5=19 for 135
Go Donbass 10+4=14 for 125

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Jaco wins week 8 with the most correct picks and most overall points. I managed to garner 7 bonus points which helped my overall score, also helping me to catch up to Tommy Salo a little. Tommy Salo had a good week with 14 correct picks, but didn't manage any bonus points and slipped a little further back of Jaco who has opened up an 11 point lead on TS.

Jaco 15+4=19 for 160
Tommy Salo 14+0=14 for 149
Go Donbass 11+7=18 for 143

Reactions: TommySalo

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Wow! Well Tommy Salo had the week to end all weeks. He had the most correct picks and then rocked the bonus points to slingshot himself into the overall lead. Let's just say that Jaco and I are cowering in the corner at TS's greatness this week. As they say in Russian молодец :)

Tommy Salo 12+16=28 for 177
Jaco 7+2=9 for 169
Go Donbass 8+5=13 for 156

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
After week 10, the standings tightened up a little as I finally had a decent week. I'm still in third place, but a little closer to the top now. Jaco had a decent week as well, and Tommy Salo had the most correct picks, but did not pick up any bonus points.

Tommy Salo 11+0=188
Jaco 10+6=16 for 185
Go Donbass 9+11=20 for 176

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well Tommy Salo rebounded with a good week of picks and a few bonus points. A second good week of bonus points for me saw me move past Jaco into second place. Unfortunately Jaco had a rough week with his picks and received no bonus points. Sounds like he needs the international break :)

Tommy Salo 15+4=19 for 207
Go Donbass 11+9=20 for 196
Jaco 7+0=7 for 192

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So a monster week for Tommy Salo has given him a pretty huge lead at this point. He had the most correct picks and a huge week with 12 bonus points. Still lots of time left in the season for the rest of us to catch up though :).

Tommy Salo 15+12=27 for 234
Go Donbass 11+2=13 for 209
Jaco 12+0=12 for 204

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
To paraphrase Chick Hearn as he announced Secretariat's run in the Belmont Stakes in 1973 "Tommy Salo is moving like a tremendous machine!!" Seems like there is no stopping TS this year. Great week with his picks and picked up a few bonus points too, to extend his lead. Jaco didn't have a great week with his picks, but made up with it with a bunch of bonus points. Looks like the race will be for the silver medal this year.

Tommy Salo 16+7=23 for 257
Go Donbass 13+2=15 for 224
Jaco 9+9=18 for 222

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad