KHL Expansion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
... Swedish Federation said to the Crowns guys, that as they are not a club affiliated to them they don't need to deal with anything, but in the same time were sending a letter to Russian federation, asking to ban the application of the Crowns for KHL!!!!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Pär Mårts was Crowns' first name as a coach, but he got a fake contract from another KHL club and accepted it :laugh:

According to Anders Svensson, the budget will be 100 million SEK, but Leif R Carlsson says it's 40 million SEK :laugh:

Edit: Oh and Abramovich had been seen in Södertälje yesterday during the Sweden vs Russia game. What if he's the secret Russian billionaire? ;)

Edit 2: For those who understand Swedish, here's the press conference: http://www.allehanda.se/sport/ishoc...folj-var-livesandning-med-experter-och-gaster

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I am disapointed, expected more from presser. The most interesting part of presser is following pic

Cgo0TCgWsAA0K3_.jpg:large

If true that the rule was adopted after KHL creation then it is clear antiKHL move by IIHF.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
if no team folds this offseason , and the Crowns and Kunlun join, the former will join the west and the latter will join the east , making the league like NHL with 30 teams , but 15 in each conference

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
1. They are primarily looking for domestic financing but claim that money is not an issue and that they have alternate financing sources from Russia if need be.

2. They can quickly get a team together as soon as the Russian Hockey Federation gives "green light".

3. The only obstacle is SIF and that they secretly contacted their Russian counterparts in an effort to block Crowns entry to KHL.

jn

May 12, 2006
Maybe they should prepare a little before their next meeting with the press. I don't understand how this group of people can be expected to create a professional KHL team in a couple of months, it was pure amateur hour.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I'll post you pictures of arena packed!
This club is gonna be "ridiculized" like Lev and Jokerit!

Look at how rediculis is Slovan for example:
slovan%20promo03.jpg

Why would you compare a 95-year-old club that already had Slovakia's largest fan base before joining the KHL with this plastic waste?

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Why would you compare a 95-year-old club that already had Slovakia's largest fan base before joining the KHL with this plastic waste?
Or a club that was established in 1967 and has 6 Finnish League Championship titles and 2 European Championship titles.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
What do you think about Lev?

arenaplnaaa.jpg
It took them playing the Gagarin Cup finals and all of the other Prague clubs out of the playoffs to get to those fans. I guess Crowns would need something like that to maybe get half of those fans. And you have to remember that Czechs like to watch hockey, not just their own team. A comparison between the Czech and Swedish World Championship attendance numbers shows this pretty clear.

And the fact that they screwed up the press conference doesn't add up the odds. Most of the few people that were interested in the team laughs at it now. It was a disaster.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
This is a project that does not care about money at the moment, they will try to explore the swedish market.
I know that ice hockey is an expensive sport to watch live in Sweden and the new team will attract fans with cheap tickets. Also the attraction to watch SKA, CSKA, Jokerit, Slovan, Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Minsk etc. and of course many Swedes will like to go and hate the russian teams, i.e. the bad uncle Putin.
I am sure that if the Crowns reach the playoffs and have ties with CSKA, SKA, Jokerit, Dinamo Riga there will be a full house. Finally, I have a feeling that there will be some very, very good and interesting players on Crown's roster.
The most important thing for KHL was to reach one of the best ice hockey markets - Sweden. Not the best start, but at least a start and Crowns is much more attractive than Vityaz /with their 1500 fans/ or Yugra for example.
This league is slowly growing, you can't deny this simple fact. Chinese money, teams from Finland, Sweden, the question is who will be next.
Clubs from Germany and Switzerland will be icing on the cake and I think that will happen sooner rather than later.
After all we read here for 2 years that swedish team in KHL is impossible to happen.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Well, they folded after playing in Gagarin Cup finals? Right after almost being the best in KHL? One more game would get them to the best ever they can do in the league yet they folded. Lev is not a good example here. We want stable and consistent teams, don't we?

I was just repying to KHL-haters. The KHL is a great league and people enjoys their games, whatever clownade they write.
This kind of people need to realize that the KHL is the best hockey there is in Europe right now and if in Sweden/Finland/Czech R./Germany/whatever will appear a team, that team will most likely be well-attended, even more than in their beloved lilliput leagues, which right now in modern world is a thing for losers.
The fact that KHL is based in Russia, well, if Russia was able to create such a good league and European countries are not, that is not Russia's problem.

Reactions: geisterpanthers

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
This is a project that does not care about money at the moment, they will try to explore the swedish market.
I know that ice hockey is an expensive sport to watch live in Sweden and the new team will attract fans with cheap tickets. Also the attraction to watch SKA, CSKA, Jokerit, Slovan, Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Minsk etc. and of course many Swedes will like to go and hate the russian teams, i.e. the bad uncle Putin.
I am sure that if the Crowns reach the playoffs and have ties with CSKA, SKA, Jokerit, Dinamo Riga there will be a full house. Finally, I have a feeling that there will be some very, very good and interesting players on Crown's roster.
The most important thing for KHL was to reach one of the best ice hockey markets - Sweden. Not the best start, but at least a start and Crowns is much more attractive than Vityaz /with their 1500 fans/ or Yugra for example.
This league is slowly growing, you can't deny this simple fact. Chinese money, teams from Finland, Sweden, the question is who will be next.
Clubs from Germany and Switzerland will be icing on the cake and I think that will happen sooner rather than later.
After all we read here for 2 years that swedish team in KHL is impossible to happen.

My friend, you're wasting your time.
The wet dreams of these guys is to see the KHL fold, don't ask me why

Reactions: geisterpanthers

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Also the attraction to watch SKA, CSKA, Jokerit, Slovan, Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Minsk etc. and of course many Swedes will like to go and hate the russian teams, i.e. the bad uncle Putin.

False. Neither of those teams has any attraction in Sweden whatsoever. They are never written about, people don't know they exist.

I am sure that if the Crowns reach the playoffs and have ties with CSKA, SKA, Jokerit, Dinamo Riga there will be a full house.

If the tickets are for free, sure. But not only does neither of those clubs have any attraction in Sweden, KHL doesn't either, and you can see that from the reactions to Crown, being called Clown and so on.

We didn't say a Swedish KHL team would be impossible to be created, we said it wouldn't be successful and the only way it wouldn't fold within a week would be some Russian guy paying for the expenses, because it will have no fan support.
I mean you can't call a team that plans on giving away a **** ton of free tickets for almost every game a success right? :laugh:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Seems AIK was first option for KHL one more time. What do you think? Can KHL renegotiate with AIK one more time after Crowns is unrealistic project?

I have a hard time believing that fans of AIK would let it happen. Malmö I could see if they didn't advance to the SHL but not a chance now

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
This kind of people need to realize that the KHL is the best hockey there is in Europe right now and if in Sweden/Finland/Czech R./Germany/whatever will appear a team, that team will most likely be well-attended, even more than in their beloved lilliput leagues, which right now in modern world is a thing for losers.

I resonate with the idea that the current system of national leagues should be reshaped, this being one of the aspects that made me to be interested in KHL, in the first place.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
Seems AIK was first option for KHL one more time. What do you think? Can KHL renegotiate with AIK one more time after Crowns is unrealistic project?

Seeing this, I can't think at Slavia Prague. I know that the talking point has been about Sparta Prague, but after Slavia went down in the second division last year, I thought that they will be interested, or approached somehow by KHL. At that time they were the team playing in O2, leased for a couple of years, and now, as the push for promotion failed, they will carry on playing one more year (at least) in 1.Liga?!?

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
It is impossible for AIK to join. 1: their fans do not want to join KHL. (Don't bring up the vote that was a few years ago when only like 1% of their members even thought it was worth to show up for a KHL vote). 2: Swedish hockey federation won't allow it.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I have a hard time believing that fans of AIK would let it happen. Malmö I could see if they didn't advance to the SHL but not a chance now

I've actually seen a lot of AIK fans positive about the KHL. They're tired of sticking around in HockeyAllsvenskan and want to be "the best team in Sweden".

This is of course if they don't get promoted to the SHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->