News: KHL ends regular season early, and unexpected?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Official statement on the continuation of the KHL season

Would love to get local KHL fans to help me understand this decision.

Were their rumors this would potentially happen?

It seems like a last minute decision. Maybe they expected the NHL to go and therefore would not have impacted KHL rosters as much.

After the teams declined on the possibility to play the remaining games during the Olympics that was the only option, so nothing unexpected. Definitely not a fan of the decision, but oh welp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flukeshot

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Reactions: Flukeshot

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
This playoff seeding is too good to be true, I can’t wait for Loko to crash the party by beating Dynamo so it’s back to normal with Jokerit-CSKA in the second round :sarcasm:

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I wonder what they will do with Torpedo and Amur, especially, as they are close to breaking into the PO spots? They must have some plan in place, or maybe include them? Interesting decision. Being a Dinamo Riga fan, my season ended at about game 10 of the regular season so it doesn't affect me so much!

Reactions: MilesNewton

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Thats brutal. And some months ago this league was given to us as an example, how well could they handle COVID.

Ok, i can live with that.
They did handle it well. There is no COVID related grounds for this decision. It is all Olympics break this, Olympics break that blah-blah-burb...

Dumb decision for sure, but I don't care much as I am in the stage of waiting for big changes on my team anyway and don't care for what they do this season.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Maybe the knew Ukraina would be invaded by then?

It appears that even many in the Russian state security apparatus were not in the know. It's fairly safe to say that the Russian hockey community or the KHL had no clue and the events have simply overrun the entire league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad