KHL again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
"favorite" thing there for me is the penalties in Game 1...12 minors for Severstal, plus 2 more minors in OT, against 0 for SKA...never have a seen such a lopsided penalty count. and they STILL needed OT to win it xD

But there wasn't 12 minors. Stasenko got 2+10, so there were only 7 minors.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Pretty much everything Malamud said is indisputable fact though, so regardless of whether or not he's biased against Russia his point is still valid.

Eh, no it isn't. Because his writing style is smth like this:
-Yesterday 20 people died in car crushes. Because Putin wanted it
-Every second there's a suicide in the World. Putin is to blame.

I mean, how can you seriously take a guy who says smth like this: In Russia evil always wins! I mean, how much of a sore person one has to be?

He mixes truth and half-truth, so in the end it seems like a credible article, but in fact is a biased agitprom from a guy with HUGE agenda.

Btw, Malamud didn't mention who is the owner of Severstal. Mr Mordashov is a russian oligarch and biollionere who has his buisness in Russia and is doing fine.

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
But there wasn't 12 minors. Stasenko got 2+10, so there were only 7 minors.
ah my mistake, I read of it earlier on my own country's sport site where they reported it as saying Malamud said SKA got 12 power plays, they must have lost something in translation

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Pretty sure he has had people poisoned.

You won't get me though Vlad. There's no way you could even

You can have your opinion, but it's important to use critical thinking. Poisoning usually is related to either Litvinenko or Shekochikhin cases. The latter wasn't even a Putin's critic. And Litvinenko's case is rather muddy. At the moment of his death he wasn't dangerous for Putin at all. He also was an associate of mr Berezovsky, who was a criminal himself. To just blame Putin is blatant simplifying.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
ah my mistake, I read of it earlier on my own country's sport site where they reported it as saying Malamud said SKA got 12 power plays, they must have lost something in translation

Severstal penalties were legit, and Stasenko is a well known goon.
Problem is that referies are very reluctant to call penalties for SKA or CSKA or any big team. If you're from Europe, situation is similar to how Bayer Munich is treated in Bundesliga or Real Madrid pretty much is treated everywhere.

Btw, SKA's goal against Severstal in OT of game number 3 was illegal. However, Severstal is to blame, because they have a 19th century arena with one camera and referies(who were nor russian btw, from Slovakia I believe) just had no proper angle to see the offside.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Btw, SKA's goal against Severstal in OT of game number 3 was illegal. However, Severstal is to blame, because they have a 19th century arena with one camera and referies(who were nor russian btw, from Slovakia I believe) just had no proper angle to see the offside

Where did the camera angle that clearly showed it was offside come from?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Further nailing home how ridiculously meaningless the Olympic men's hockey tournament was.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
However, Severstal is to blame, because they have a 19th century arena with one camera and referies(who were nor russian btw, from Slovakia I believe) just had no proper angle to see the offside.

That's what the KHL is saying.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
You can have your opinion, but it's important to use critical thinking. Poisoning usually is related to either Litvinenko or Shekochikhin cases. The latter wasn't even a Putin's critic. And Litvinenko's case is rather muddy. At the moment of his death he wasn't dangerous for Putin at all. He also was an associate of mr Berezovsky, who was a criminal himself. To just blame Putin is blatant simplifying.
Salisbury, UK.

Also, I can’t say an article like this (true or not) actually surprises me. Russia is known for corruption it’s just the norm. I would hate to live and/or play there.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Malamud just doing what he does best, feeding the frenzy.:facepalm:

Seriously, why can’t the typical North American have a discussion about the KHL without it devolving into negativity with Putin being labeled Lucifer incarnate.
My god, it’s like clockwork.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
that's a good one. lol

He’s correct though. Russia is horribly corrupt, the KHL is fixed, Putin will come to your door and kill you, so will the mafia, everybody is drunk and bears walk the streets with ushankas on their heads.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
He’s correct though. Russia is horribly corrupt, the KHL is fixed, Putin will come to your door and kill you, so will the mafia, everybody is drunk and bears walk the streets with ushankas on their heads.

All jokes aside, Russians have never stopped being portrayed as the bad guys in our culture. It’s painfully evident on these boards whenever there’s talk of the KHL. This Malmud character appears to do a great job of exploiting these sentiments.
Here’s an insightful article on Hollywood’s fixation of this:

Will the cliche of the ‘Russian baddie’ ever leave our screens?
Will the cliche of the 'Russian baddie' ever leave our screens?

Last edited:

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
All jokes aside, Russians have never stopped being portrayed as the bad guys in our culture. It’s painfully evident on these boards whenever there’s talk of the KHL. This Malmud character appears to do a great job of exploiting these sentiments.
Here’s an insightful article on Hollywood’s fixation of this:

Will the cliche of the ‘Russian baddie’ ever leave our screens?
Will the cliche of the 'Russian baddie' ever leave our screens?
I don't think Russian people are bad, but I do think their country is lead by a demagogue and their hockey league is fixed.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
Further nailing home how ridiculously meaningless the Olympic men's hockey tournament was.
I still dont understand why they were allowed in the tournament in regard of the doping programm of russia. Just ban them incl. The hockey team completely, maybe this would be a lesson

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yeesh, even the thread on the KHL board got closed, which is a shame, because this is pretty much the most interesting thing going on in the hockey world right now.

I’ll never understand how fans could support something that so blatantly takes them for granted. How is it acceptable when the league itself basically admits it’s a sham?

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
I don't think Russian people are bad, but I do think their country is lead by a demagogue and their hockey league is fixed.

What leads you to believe the league is fixed specifically for SKA to win? One blown call?
As stated earlier, Malmud isn't being completely honest in his tweet. He fails to mention that the huge discrepancy in PIMs was due to a misconduct hit from behind. The PIMs in the rest of the games have been fairly even. He very well may be correct that it's fixed, but he needs to offer more proof than some twitter rant raging about how awful Putin is.
I dunno, seems similar to MLB in the 1990s with the Yankees dominating with the luxury tax, which, if I'm not mistaken, the KHL also has.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
SKA:s winning goal last game was after a clear offside. It also went to the videoreferees who actually denied there was an offside, even though it was clear as daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->