Khabibulin hasn't even been contacted yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Who would call him?????

They have no GM, no coach ... so I don't know who can call the players!

As I said in my thread, thy're going to name the GM by Wednesday, and if it's Larionov, he'll have to call everyone very fast.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
wilka91 said:
Who would call him?????

They have no GM, no coach ... so I don't know who can the players!

As I said in my thread, thy're going to name the GM by Wednesday
There's still SOMEONE running the Russian IHF, is there not? I see what you mean, but how last minute are they going to be for this? Didn't you say the roster's going to be announced this week sometime? It seems a little crazy to be asking these guys only a day or two to make up their minds about this.

Anyway, I found this interesting because I know it's been assumed for a while that he'd participate, but no reporter had actually asked him about his participation until now.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
No first they need to appoint a GM

then the GM will choose a coach, and together they'll choose their players

everything in 1 week :lol

Russia is rediculous

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TK79 said:
And you wonder why Russia has sucked in International competitions in recent years. They need to get these old communist meat-heads out of the Hockey Federation.

EXACTLY

That's what Fetisov is planning to do with his friends Larionov, Kasatonov ...

the problem is they can't just fire everyone, it will take a couple or 3 years

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
wilka91 said:
No first they need to appoint a GM

then the GM will choose a coach, and together they'll choose their players

everything in 1 week :lol

Russia is rediculous
I saw in the other thread you said a recent article says they'll name the team Tuesday. Did you mean this Tuesday...like tomorrow?

If so, they're just nutty! :banana: Even next Tuesday seems a bit soon with no GM or Coach selected right now, especially when other countries have been planning this stuff and making preliminary rosters for months.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Quite a mess...however, Team Canada only contacted three players - Lemieux, Doan and Yzerman shortly before the announcement so the failure to contact anyone is not necessarily a problem. Of course, if Russian players are not as thrilled to play for their country, or for this administration, not contacting them could be an issue, but you would think of you were selected, you would play.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The whole Russian hockey federation is one big mess. I wouldn't be surprised at all if BIG name players don't play for them. ie.. Federov, Mogilny...

Brett38

Feb 25, 2004
Legolas said:
Quite a mess...however, Team Canada only contacted three players - Lemieux, Doan and Yzerman shortly before the announcement so the failure to contact anyone is not necessarily a problem. Of course, if Russian players are not as thrilled to play for their country, or for this administration, not contacting them could be an issue, but you would think of you were selected, you would play.

You are absolutely right!!

Team Canada players found out as we did from the announcement on TV. Only a few of them were actually called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->