Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don’t even know what any of these numbers mean. I watch hockey!
GDxejZr.jpg

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Not sure, but I thought it was said that his cortisone shot in his knee wore off after 8 weeks or so. That's when his knee started to really cause some pain. So that could explain it.
Yeah, that's why I asked the question. He was a much different player game 1 than game 46. I thought that was a more likely explanation than the usual AV hysteria. But it looks like even his early season numbers were down from his usual mark.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yeah, that's why I asked the question. He was a much different player game 1 than game 46. I thought that was a more likely explanation than the usual AV hysteria. But it looks like even his early season numbers were down from his usual mark.
I mean to me it is kind of obvious that AV's system, had and has an effect on players shot rates, especially defenseman. In Shattenkirk's case, he went from two teams, St. Louis and Washington who were very good puck possession teams who's games were built around a heavy cycle, getting shots from the point and looking for rebounds. Playing right into Shattenkirk's strenghts. The Rangers just simply do not have the puck enough which hurts their shot rates.

Reactions: Thirty One

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
No, you clearly have reading comprehension issues. I know exactly who Dahlin is and no D-man short of Bobby Orr is worth intentionally losing for in my view.

What teams ever try to "intentionally lose"? You can list the Crosby or McDavid drafts all you want, but, I'm responding to you saying that no one in this draft class moves the needle. I don't want to intentionally lose, the team doesn't either. But implying that no one in this draft moves the needle is just funny to me.

Reactions: Stasis

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It behooves them to lose this year and I make no judgement on those rooting for it

However to go into next season hoping for another lottery pick is just a joke

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gorton says that Shattenkirk has been shut down for the rest of the season.
i'm hoping just precautionary and i'm sure it is. Nothing really to play for. If its more I would be surprised. It was only a meniscus surgery wasn't it?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Gorton says that Shattenkirk has been shut down for the rest of the season.
Good

Let him heal up, and he'll be back on the top pairing next year

Sucks that his first year as a Ranger wasn't the dream he was expecting, but there's always next year

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I see nothing wrong with this. 100% the right call to make. Come back full force Shatty.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Right call.

The fact that they were trying to rush him back was stupid. Let him be 100% for his summer training.

I don't think they were. It was basically just Kevin saying he wanted to get a game or two before the season ended. Gorton probably had in his head all along he wasn't going to play again.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think they were. It was basically just Kevin saying he wanted to get a game or two before the season ended. Gorton probably had in his head all along he wasn't going to play again.

If your knee swells up post surgery because of the work you're putting it through, its your body's way of saying "slow down, stupid."

There was no reason for him to push it at all. The season has been over since the second they sent that letter out. I'm glad that they're making the right decision here, both for him and the tank.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's good, the season has been over since we lost a few after the West Coast success. There's no reason for him to play, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad