Injury Report: Kevin Shattenkirk Meniscus Tear. Out indefinitely.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What if AV plays here beginning of next season - and they excuse him based on our injuries we could not reach playoffs, but decided to keep this coach and his system, oh god..

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Addition by subtraction at the moment.

1pt and -8 his last 10 games.

Points don't tell the story but he hasn't been wowing with the eye test either. A guy like Kevin needs to be contributing offensively to be useful. He hasn't been. Hopefully the nagging injury was the cause of his recent slumping but either way I don't feel this will really have a negative effect on the current effort/talent/compete level of this team (which may or may not be a good thing.)

im not sure how to read this....his injury is obviously affecting his play.....a healthy shattenkirk (which was what we had the first month) is an explosive player in terms of points and production

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What if AV plays here beginning of next season - and they excuse him based on our injuries we could not reach playoffs, but decided to keep this coach and his system, oh god..
Then I'll do what I'm doing now and refuse to participate.

Reactions: Ori

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
im not sure how to read this....his injury is obviously affecting his play.....a healthy shattenkirk (which was what we had the first month) is an explosive player in terms of points and production

I'm ultimately in agreement with that. The Shattenkirk we've been seeing is not the Shattenkirk we expect or I'm sure he expects. What I'm saying is we've been 'treading water' with a very subpar Shatty for a while, so I don't see us falling off a cliff in his absence. And, when he returns, if his recent play was indeed a result of his injury, we should hopefully see that explosive Shatty who is a major contributor and driving force of our offense.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Yes, playing through such an injury is very hard and was probably the right decision to take a surgery now, but why did AV criticize him in Winter classic when he was aware of his injury issues - it make no sense. I want this coach gone.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I'm ultimately in agreement with that. The Shattenkirk we've been seeing is not the Shattenkirk we expect or I'm sure he expects. What I'm saying is we've been 'treading water' with a very subpar Shatty for a while, so I don't see us falling off a cliff in his absence. And, when he returns, if his recent play was indeed a result of his injury, we should hopefully see that explosive Shatty who is a major contributor and driving force of our offense.
got it, i agree with you....i just couldnt see which side of the fence you were on

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
NYR were way overdue for a season with an abundance of overlapping injuries to key guys; look at the seasons that Wings and Flyers endured over the last few years, with numerous top 10 players out at once.
Need the emerging core guys (Miller, Zib, Vesey, Buch) and the depth guys (Fast, Grabner, Carey, Holland) and the kids (Lettieri, DAngelo, Nieves, ...) to all do their part waiting for Hayes, Staal, Kreids, Shatt to get back
youre right, weve benn quite lucky the last few years in regards to injuries, at least compared to some teams

Reactions: egelband

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Narcotics have clear medical uses, if doctors are not prescribing them then who else is left with that job?
Narcotics are some of the most addictive substances. Of course doctors can prescribe them. If a guy comes up and says hey give me codeine, they shouldn’t give it to him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist but I see the positive in this.

We've all said that Shatty hasn't been that good this season for us. THIS explains a lot of why that has been the case.

He is getting surgery and probably will be back in time for the stretch run and the playoffs, if we make it. I can't see this as a reason to sell at this point.

The next stretch of games on the road will be a good indicator to whether we can hold on to a wildcard spot or not.

I'm not hitting the panic button just yet. I'm hoping ADA proves himself and can stick up here.

I suggest you get new glasses.

Reactions: E-Train

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
just catching up this news.... maybe explains his play dropping of the cliff, He was never a top defender but was better than what has been seen. He has been downright poor. Past years he could cover ground but this year, not really. Hopefully he is back end of Feb.
ADA ok but hope we can see Graves. Thought the kid was developing well or at least ok and he would be a solid 5/6th defender. Thought he could play a stiff game but be ok in a speed league while bringing an above average shot. Has his play in Hartford regressed?

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad