Injury Report: Kevin Klein: strained oblique and will miss 2-3 weeks

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Injury Update: Kevin Klein has a strained oblique and will miss 2-3 weeks of actionâ€

“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault said Kevin Klein suffered an abdomen strain and they'll know more about his injury tomorrow.â€

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

Bring back the mohawk, Kevin. It made you indestructible.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
Not a good sign, but I guess it all depends on the severity.

In baseball this can keep a guy out for weeks and weeks, though there is probably more torque put on the core trying to swing a bat at the major league level (maybe?:confused:)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not a good sign, but I guess it all depends on the severity.

In baseball this can keep a guy out for weeks and weeks, though there is probably more torque put on the core trying to swing a bat at the major league level (maybe?:confused:)

If it doesn't heal properly it could be a recurring issue. They may sit him down for a little while and then get him on a stretching routine to see how he responds.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
AV most likely will bring up another defenseman. He doesn't like to carry 6. My guess? Summers.

We don't have to travel for a game until Dec 9th against Vancouver. I don't think we'll call anyone up until then, unless someone else gets dinged up and might not be able to go.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Depending on the severity I'm thinking he's out a couple--three weeks anyway. So Dylan is finally going to get to play on a regular basis and we're going to see what the defense is like without Klein.

As far as call ups--Diaz has not been playing--he's injured. That leaves Skjei, Summers, Graves, Bodie, Hughes, Andersson---in about that order.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I hope not. Not that it is a realistic option but I would rather play 5 defenseman than watch Summers struggle. He is flat out awful.

I would think it has more to do with the veteran game limit in Hartford, Summers' cheap contract, and Diaz still being injured (?).

I doubt he'd get any playing time here

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
The abdominal/stomach muscle injury is a tough injury. The Rangers need to be careful with Klein. This is Dylan's opportunity.

Yup. You've got a young guy who has shown that he can play well at this level, and now you have a chance to get him in a few more games. Helps Mac's development and helps ensure that Klein remains healthy down the stretch.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I would think it has more to do with the veteran game limit in Hartford, Summers' cheap contract, and Diaz still being injured (?).

I doubt he'd get any playing time here

AFAIK, Diaz is still injured. Haven't seen any reports from sources saying otherwise.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Diaz suffered an upper body injury which is supposed to keep him out at least two weeks. It has been two weeks. Not much is reported on those injuries.

Yeah, if anything we'll see him in the lineups once he returns. I know the Wolf Pack generally doesn't put out announcements about injuries/returning from injury.

I usually poke Bob Crawford on Twitter for info like that.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
just a question as an isles fan......how has mcilrath (sp?) looked? i know he was a little disappointing in his development the last few years, but i noticed he was playing a few games ago....has he looked solid?

hope klein is okay, just after tomorrow's game ;)

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
just a question as an isles fan......how has mcilrath (sp?) looked? i know he was a little disappointing in his development the last few years, but i noticed he was playing a few games ago....has he looked solid?

His struggles were mostly in prior years - so far this year he's looked pretty good. Still has some work to do, but not struggling. He can skate pretty well, has a good shot, his defensive play is solid, and he (as advertised) can hit like a truck.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

McIlrath has looked just fine; better than expected, probably (SSS, of course). Has some adjustments to make, like anyone else. But he comes as advertised: strong on the puck, big, hits like a truck (see Schultz hit from the Flyers game last week), and has a little offensive kick to him, but mostly stay-at-home D.

As for his "disappointing development", he had a bunch of injuries before this year, and last year was pretty much his first "full season" in the AHL. He had another close one in '13-'14, but other years have been injury prone. Started out slow last year, but was one of the best defenseman for the Wolf Pack in the second half/playoffs.

If he keeps getting consistent starts, and staying up with the team and practicing regularly, he'll be great.

We hope Klein is okay too, but we won't know for another few hours :/

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

Most encouraging part about Dylan is about that he's shown to be adept at transitions. Keeps it simple and is effective. Important to note because of his perception solely as a defensive presence. He maintains that aspect, while not being hopeless on breakouts like G/Staal.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
interesting....thanks guys.....obviously, i havent been keeping too close of tabs on your prospects, but idk why i forgot about him

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I wanted McIlrath getting more time but absolutely not at the expense of Klein.

This'll be a fun few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->