Injury Report: Kevin Hayes out 2-3 weeks...

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, he gets 5 freebies game exposure that do not charge on year 1 ELC. Believe he only played the 1 game earlier.
4 more games would be good experience for him and help out team with a breather on minutes.

he's already playing pro all season
as i understand it
whatever Nieves plays this year would only affect cumulative threesholds in the future a couple years out, like waiver and RFC status

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, he gets 5 freebies game exposure that do not charge on year 1 ELC. Believe he only played the 1 game earlier.

4 more games would be good experience for him and help out team with a breather on minutes.

No, he is playing pro-hockey in Hartford. His ELC does not slide

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
he's already playing pro all season
as i understand it
whatever Nieves plays this year would only affect cumulative threesholds in the future a couple years out, like waiver and RFC status

- ELC slides based on less than 10 games is only applicable for 18 and 19 year olds who then go back to junior hockey.
- RFA status is for 7 pro seasons or until the player is 27. Nieves will hit the age of 27 before playing 7 pro seasons, so that is also not applicable
- Waiver exemption is the only affected by total games played at pro level, either the NHL or AHL. Regardless of where he plays, once he hits that threshold, he will lose waiver exemption status

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Have to wonder if we can attribute Hayes injury to the poor ice in Detroit yesterday.

Much prefer Lindberg to Hrivik. Lindberg has proven he can score goals at the NHL level--he's just not done it this year. Hrivik has 0 goals in 21 NHL games. At center Lindberg is a 50-50 face-off guy. Hrivik is a 40-60.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Our 'insane' depth ****ing crumbles the moment a center gets injured. lovely.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
- ELC slides based on less than 10 games is only applicable for 18 and 19 year olds who then go back to junior hockey.
- RFA status is for 7 pro seasons or until the player is 27. Nieves will hit the age of 27 before playing 7 pro seasons, so that is also not applicable
- Waiver exemption is the only affected by total games played at pro level, either the NHL or AHL. Regardless of where he plays, once he hits that threshold, he will lose waiver exemption status
I'm reasonably sure that ELC slides work for AHL players, too, but only 18-19 year old ones.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Our 'insane' depth ****ing crumbles the moment a center gets injured. lovely.

What's wrong with Miller as a back-up plan? Honestly, we have a lot of guys who can play center...Steps, Hayes, Mika, Lindberg, Pirri, Miller, Hrivik (when he is up). That's pretty deep.

We survived Mika getting hurt, too. I'm not worried about our Center depth.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think that only counts for European players, since they can't be sent back to a junior team. That was also under the old CBA.
From the current CBA:
"In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances."

Doesn't say anything about Europe.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The upside to all the injuries, if you can call it that, is that a few of our big guys will have less mileage on them come playoff time.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The problem is half the forward group still playing is injured too.

At least kreider, miller and vesey have hurt their hand one way or another and are likely nursing mild injuries. Something that could easily **** with your shot. Could be why kreider isn't trying those bullet snipes recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->