Kessel's career path

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

I think he'll only be there a year if he has a standout season.He should be n.h.l ready if that happens.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree, I don't see him staying for more then one year. He is a spectacular skater and whoever is picking 1st overall will want to get him into the lineup right away.

espo*

I honestly think he could play this year if it was possible.He would'nt win the calder or anything crazy like that but i think he could play and have a decent season.

Skroob*

He should stay in school for at least two years, i think, unless he completely blows everyone away with record setting numbers.

I had hopes the rangers will land him (we do real good with Americans; Leetch, Beezer, Richter, York, etc), now, with some of the recent signings, it looks like though we might not be a playoff team, we may be competitive, which sucks since some teams are planning on taking the tank-it game plan.

Kroz

Mar 26, 2005
Yo, kessel, you best be givin props where they be due, biatch :innocent:

espo*

nomorekids said:
just as long as he knows his place and never talks any smack on crosby. he'd better respect, if you know what i mean.
Let's try not to turn it into that.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
nomorekids said:
just as long as he knows his place and never talks any smack on crosby. he'd better respect, if you know what i mean.

And what does this have anything to do with Kessel's career path? Nice job getting off-topic knowing full well it could ignite a flame war, mod.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I don't think he's gonna be at Minnesota for more than 1 year. My only concern is if he'd be physically ready to make the jump this time next year. Absolutely awsome talent but always seemed kind of frail to me. :dunno:

KariyaIsGod*

His career path is from where he is now...

Right into the toilet...

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
borro said:
2006 Washington Capitals....Kessel-Semin-Fehr...of my!

I guess Ovechkin could dominate on the first line by himself. It'd be tough but possible. Ahhhh, who am I kidding? He could be 6 inches tall and beat God's heavenly choir of angels...

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
cyclops said:
I honestly think he could play this year if it was possible.He would'nt win the calder or anything crazy like that but i think he could play and have a decent season.

I think it would be too much of a jump for him. I couldn't see him doing much in the NHL this year - not trying to take a shot at his obvious talent.. he just needs to age and play in a higher level than he has for a year or two before I think he'd be ready.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bookman said:
Vanek stayed two years - Heatley did 2 at Wisconsin, Parise 2 at ND. Sure, Kessel may be better(or not), but it seems like 2's the norm for these guys.

Kessel's more Heatley or Kariya than Parise or Vanek.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
thomasincanada said:
I think it would be too much of a jump for him. I couldn't see him doing much in the NHL this year - not trying to take a shot at his obvious talent.. he just needs to age and play in a higher level than he has for a year or two before I think he'd be ready.
I see your point, but didn’t he dominate with Ntdp and their schedule consisted of college teams. So is he really playing at a higher level?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
pucks1 said:
I see your point, but didn’t he dominate with Ntdp and their schedule consisted of college teams. So is he really playing at a higher level?

Yes he is, canisius state won't be seeing Kessel anytime soon.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
pucks1 said:

That's a valid point.. but I guess I just don't see playing on what amounts to an all-star team against a mixed bag of opponents in non-pressure situations as all that is needed for him.

I think College ( or CHL, had he chosen that route ) is a more closer scenario to what he will experience in the NHL.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad