Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Where would Phil Kessel go in this draft? Would he be a lock for 2 overall behind Sid? Anyone think he'd challenge Crosby for the first pick? The kid looks like he is absolutely dominating the World 18's. What are peoples thoughts.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
I would say he would go #2. I don't think anyone would overtake Crosby at this point.

espo*

Spectacular_Bid said:
Where would Phil Kessel go in this draft? Would he be a lock for 2 overall behind Sid? Anyone think he'd challenge Crosby for the first pick? The kid looks like he is absolutely dominating the World 18's. What are peoples thoughts.
I've only heard he had 5 points in their first game and have'nt heard any U.S results since then.I assume they are now in their third or fourth game and he is putting up big points.How's he been doing?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Spectacular_Bid said:
I'm not really up on the 2006 draft, I know Kessel is the front runner, does he have any competition?

Micheal Frolik and Jesse Joenssu are also highly rated for the 2006 draft. I think Frolik is his biggest competition.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
cyclops said:
I've only heard he had 5 points in their first game and have'nt heard any U.S results since then.I assume they are now in their third or fourth game and he is putting up big points.How's he been doing?

In the second game the US beat Finland 3-0. Kessel had 1. In the third game the US beat Switzerland 7-1. Kessel had 3.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Habsfan 32 said:
Micheal Frolik and Jesse Joenssu are also highly rated for the 2006 draft. I think Frolik is his biggest competition.

Thats right, I REALLY liked Frolik at the WJC.

espo*

Spectacular_Bid said:
In the second game the US beat Finland 3-0. Kessel had 1. In the third game the US beat Switzerland 7-1. Kessel had 3.
Thanks.Nothing wrong with those numbers for sure.I'm not sure what can be done with him/them this year.They look to be a bit too strong for the competition there this year to take out so far.I'm waiting to see them play so i can get a read on what teams chances are of upsetting them.I'll have to wait for a Canada-U.S game to do that but i'm not sure if the two teams meet(at least in preliminary games)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Isnt Frolik the front runner to go number 1 in 2006. At least that has been the feeling i have been getting from most people.

espo*

vanwychen27 said:
Isnt Frolik the front runner to go number 1 in 2006. At least that has been the feeling i have been getting from most people.
He mayhave been.From what i saw at the world juniors i would'nt pick him over Kessel though.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Spectacular_Bid said:
I'm not really up on the 2006 draft, I know Kessel is the front runner, does he have any competition?

Mike Frolik
Jesse Joensuu
Al Vasyunov
Peter Mueller
Jon Toews
Ben Maxwell

You never know, anyone of these guys (Frolik is probably the best player for the draft right now anyways) could surpass Kessel in the span of a year.

espo*

Don't know if i'm doing something wrong but i can't seem to bring up the box scores of the game.According to what i looked on they had johnson as only playing a game and with no points but i thought he had two the first game and if he's only played one then is he injured?.Anyway, Kessel is scoring all the goals with just a shade under 3ppg.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cyclops said:
Don't know if i'm doing something wrong but i can't seem to bring up the box scores of the game.According to what i looked on they had johnson as only playing a game and with no points but i thought he had two the first game and if he's only played one then is he injured?.Anyway, Kessel is scoring all the goals with just a shade under 3ppg.

I never seen the stats yet but maybe it is Erik Johnson you could be looking at...there is Jack and Erik on the team.

espo*

Forgot about that,well,did'nt know him well enough.Still don't think i saw any action on any Johnson on there.Must of messed it up on my end.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
monster_bertuzzi said:
Mike Frolik
Jesse Joensuu
Al Vasyunov
Peter Mueller
Jon Toews
Ben Maxwell

You never know, anyone of these guys (Frolik is probably the best player for the draft right now anyways) could surpass Kessel in the span of a year.

Has Vasyunov done anything recently to warrant his ranking amongst these guys? I still don't think one could declare Frolik the best player either.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
cyclops said:
He mayhave been.From what i saw at the world juniors i would'nt pick him over Kessel though.

I am goign to have to disagree with you and said that it is too close to tell between these two players at the moment. I don't think there will be a clear #1 between Frolik and Kessel until after next season.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Mobey said:
Has Vasyunov done anything recently to warrant his ranking amongst these guys? I still don't think one could declare Frolik the best player either.

I'm just going by what I heard - apparently Vasyunov is pretty good. It doesn't matter what he has done recently, he's proved himself to be a top 5 talent.

espo*

Patrick - Flames Fan said:
I am goign to have to disagree with you and said that it is too close to tell between these two players at the moment. I don't think there will be a clear #1 between Frolik and Kessel until after next season.
You may be right.Granted,i only saw them in one touranment and certainly not all their games.It's not that Frolik did'nt impress me just that from what i saw Kessel impressed me more.You're right though,too early for any overtake or consensus talk here.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Like mentioned, Kessel and Frolik are the clear top two for 2006. At one point, Joensuu was mentioned with them, but he seems to be falling behind the pack a bit.

If Kessel were in this draft, I think he'd be a pretty clear number 2. "Best American talent since Modano" is a pretty heavy statement.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Like mentioned, Kessel and Frolik are the clear top two for 2006. At one point, Joensuu was mentioned with them, but he seems to be falling behind the pack a bit.

If Kessel were in this draft, I think he'd be a pretty clear number 2. "Best American talent since Modano" is a pretty heavy statement.

I wouldn't count out Mueller just yet. He very well could be the front runner by this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad