Kessel wants to be paid

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
My question is do the Gopher players even want Kessel back. Sure I'm sure the coaching staff does but I am hearing/reading alot of things from alot of places suggesting to me that Kessel may be an even bigger head case than we thought.

I may be wrong, but right now its a full red light alert with this kid.

Says who?
Stick to reading the Enquirer.:shakehead

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
My question is do the Gopher players even want Kessel back. Sure I'm sure the coaching staff does but I am hearing/reading alot of things from alot of places suggesting to me that Kessel may be an even bigger head case than we thought.

Making up facts > Not making up facts. :yo:

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
This guy really has one of those annoying hockey parents.
No he doesn't. I've read most of the articles about Kessel and many of them had alot about his family. They seemed like good folks then and I'm sure not much has changed ONE year later. While I think its perfectly okay to call NHL GMs idiots, nutjobs and etc., we're talking about a 19 yr old's Dad, here. Kessel is nothing like Lindros and Kessel's Pa hasn't really shown any Papa Lindros qualities as far as I have seen/heard.

You're wrong. You've probably only read what Erik Johnson said that someone else told another guy who posted something that another guy quoted. Oh ... sorry. I guess that makes you an :dunce: expert :dunce:. My apologies. You and Sid Hartman are related? :p:

The Big E

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
No he doesn't. I've read most of the articles about Kessel and many of them had alot about his family. They seemed like good folks then and I'm sure not much has changed ONE year later. While I think its perfectly okay to call NHL GMs idiots, nutjobs and etc., we're talking about a 19 yr old's Dad, here. Kessel is nothing like Lindros and Kessel's Pa hasn't really shown any Papa Lindros qualities as far as I have seen/heard.
I took his parents' wishes as them wanting him to continue his education if he's not going to be in the NHL. Most parents would feel the same way, nothing to be concerned about.

People are making a mountain out of a molehill, as usual. Seems to happen a lot when the subject is Kessel.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site

You're wrong. You've probably only read what Erik Johnson said that someone else told another guy who posted something that another guy quoted. Oh ... sorry. I guess that makes you an :dunce: expert :dunce:. My apologies. You and Sid Hartman are related? :p:

The Big E

You know, I hope I am wrong and you are right. I want Kessel to succede as much as anyone, being that the B's are one of my favorite teams and that the U.S. needs more high end players.

I am only going by what I am told and some of the stuff I am reading is coming from the Gophs very own message boards.

I really don't expect Kessel back at Minny because I really don't think he wants to be back. I do happen to think that this would be a mistake on his part as he is not ready for the pro game yet.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
He'll get the rookie max, but I honestly don't think he's NHL ready yet. He needs to add several more dimensions (passing, defensive zone coverage, hockey sense/awareness) to his game before he'll even be a remotely good NHLer.

I agree. Kessel needs to develop more and put some more muscle on his frame. I don't know if he is physically mature enough for the NHL

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
You know, I hope I am wrong and you are right. I want Kessel to succede as much as anyone, being that the B's are one of my favorite teams and that the U.S. needs more high end players.

I am only going by what I am told and some of the stuff I am reading is coming from the Gophs very own message boards.

I really don't expect Kessel back at Minny because I really don't think he wants to be back. I do happen to think that this would be a mistake on his part as he is not ready for the pro game yet.
Ya'll are just worrying about nuthin. Wait until reliable sources claim Boston is negotiating with Kessel. Wait until Inside NCAA College Hockey (INCH) or US College Hockey Online (www.uscho.com) say something about a bad Goofer lockerroom. Don't rely on the Strib's Sid Hartman or somethin some guy said.

Kessel's fine, his family's fine and no reliable source has the Bruins negotiating with Kessel.

The Big E

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Kessel's relationship with other players was overblown last year. One comment from Jack Johnson is all that took...

He is NOT NHL ready. Would he score some points? Yes. But this season he would not be much of an impact player, and there's a great chance he could get decapitated in the NHL.

kurri_17

Jul 10, 2006
K-W
Thing is, the money they may not be giving him is in the bonuses. It's very possibly that they are negotiating the bonuses.

What's the max in bonuses? I thought there is a very distinct and low max on bonuses and only for significant things.

I know that damn kessel illegally took me for 14 million in bonuses playing Eastside last year (jerk slipped them into his contract without me noticing). Maybe Eastside saw him coming *grin*

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki

Well, I've heard different. But, then again, I've never met them or talked to them directly so people might have exaggerated their involvement and attitude...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The issue is not that he wants the rookie max.--but reports he won't sign unless he's guaranteed significant minutes--ie. won't be a 4th liner ease-in, or doesn't want to develop on their AHL squad...

If so the "head-case" is already DICTATING to the team --instead of saying he will do what they want --he is already making egoistic demands,putting himself first.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Are these mainstream sources or from hawksfan50's blog? As for your last comment, care to back any of this up?
You know VOB, I like you as a poster and you post many well-reasoned arguments on hockey related subjects, but there's always this cloak & dagger routine with you and NCAA hockey and hockey players. I can't decide if you really have some inside information or if you're just blowing smoke. How much college hockey do you watch again? Have you ever seen the Gophers on television or in person?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The issue is not that he wants the rookie max.--but reports he won't sign unless he's guaranteed significant minutes--ie. won't be a 4th liner ease-in, or doesn't want to develop on their AHL squad...

If so the "head-case" is already DICTATING to the team --instead of saying he will do what they want --he is already making egoistic demands,putting himself first.

What reports are those? It seems to me Kessel wants the same assurances that most high draft picks want: a max rookie contract and reasonable playing time. If he can't get those assurances he's going back to school. Pretty standard stuff. Even your beloved Toews will take the same approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->