Kessel vs Radulov

LA Blue

Sep 24, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Mr II:

I am requesting that you back up your statement with a valid example, such as a quote from Phil Kessel which accurately demonstrates this "attitude" in which you speak of.

GO. We're listening.

I know a lot of people who base their opinion of Kessel and his attitude off of an ESPN insider article about the draft combine and player meetings. They followed some of the top guys around to various meetings and Kessel didn't come off well in those meetings. I don't subscribe to ESPN insider, so I can't show you the actual article, but I did read segments from it someone posted on another board back in July. Like someone said, maybe the guy is lacking in the personality department, but when it comes to picking in the top 5, the thing that most often dictates a player becoming an Ovechkin or a Daigle is attitude. There are plenty of great players in the league who aren't known for their wonderful temperment, but none of that matters if they leave it all on the ice every night. We'll see if Kessel does just that.

Matt

Last edited:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Id take the kid who's pi$$ed off :biglaugh: Just another wrecking ball waiting to happen.....mark recchi anyone??

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
I know a lot of people who base their opinion of Kessel and his attitude off of an ESPN insider article about the draft combine and player meetings. They followed some of the top guys around to various meetings and Kessel didn't come off well in those meetings. I don't subscribe to ESPN insider, so I can't show you the actual article, but I did read segments from it someone posted on another board back in July. Like someone said, maybe the guy is lacking in the personality department, but when it comes to picking in the top 5, the thing that most often dictates a player becoming an Ovechkin or a Daigle is attitude. There are plenty of great players in the league who aren't known for their wonderful temperment, but none of that matters if they leave it all on the ice every night. We'll see if Kessel does just that.

Matt

I read that article, and it pretty much sounded like an attempt at character assassination on the part of ESPN and Don Maclean (via the Blue Jackets organization). Sure, Kessel might not be the most comfortable in some situations, but the slant of that article could make the Dali Lama look like he has character problems.

With that note - who the heck relies on ESPN for their hockey info anymore?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad