kessel drops again

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
For all the people who say he has an attitude problem. Where is it? What has he said or done? Keeping in mind that thing with Crosby was his mom, That thing with Skille was also parents. Never have i ever heard Kessel has an attitude.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
MN_Gopher said:
For all the people who say he has an attitude problem. Where is it? What has he said or done? Keeping in mind that thing with Crosby was his mom, That thing with Skille was also parents. Never have i ever heard Kessel has an attitude.

I dont know where that whole thing came from, everything I've heard about the kid is that he is soft spoken and humble :dunno:

wildone26*

Phil Kessel soft spoken and humble? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I guess Todd Bertuzzi is then also classy and an ambassador of all that is good about the game; Sean Avery is diplomatic and thoughtful; and Jeremy Roenick is shy and reserved.

jaydub*

wildone26 said:
Phil Kessel soft spoken and humble? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I guess Todd Bertuzzi is then also classy and an ambassador of all that is good about the game; Sean Avery is diplomatic and thoughtful; and Jeremy Roenick is shy and reserved.

Are you going to supply any evidence? Or are you just going to George Bush it?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
wildone26 said:

Show me where. You have nothing but some grudge, or you just take ignorance to a new level.

wildone26*

He also probably demanded Schremp to not play on the 1st line and also get alot of special teams time which he deserved, since there is no way on earth Schremp was not also one of the 2 or 3 best forwards on the U.S team, possably even the best(which is where Kessel's fears come into play); and heaven forbid the chance of possably somebody on his own team to overshadow him, and he is the player of all the ones on the team who was most capable of overshadowing him if given the chance as he has shown by tearing up the OHL all year. Thus Schremp was given the garbage role spoiled Kessel wanted him to have, and the U.S took a miserable 4th place as the pre-tournament favorites as a result. Bravo Kessel.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
wildone26 said:
He also probably demanded Schremp to not play on the 1st line and also get alot of special teams time which he deserved

and heaven forbid the chance of possably somebody on his own team to overshadow him

Thus Schremp was given the garbage role spoiled Kessel wanted him to have

Bravo Kessel.

So you're holding your own made up speculation against him? :amazed:

wildone26*

Wally112pac said:
So you're holding your own made up speculation against him? :amazed:

It is pretty obvious to me what happened. The alternative reasoning, that Schremp was simply believed by coaches to only be a 3rd line-4th line forward who had almost no special teams time, and even was benched for a couple periods; the way he is playing this year in the OHL, and given that he could easily have been playing for the Oilers this year, simply is far less believable.

wildone26*

It is not made up speculation, there are newspaper articles that were quoting sources who did not want to be named saying he was insisting on what players got what roles, that he be given all this ice time, etc.....In a piece I read on him in a hockey magazine it also indicated that is a problem with him as well. I cant believe anybody would be acting like it is some mystery that Kessel tries to dicate teams that he feels he is the "big star" on. :biglaugh:

Well anyway he is dropping like a stone in the draft, what reason for that would there be? It probably is not lack of talent for all his skills are praised, so it is quit apparent people who unlike me are the people who count and are making the decisions dont find it that far fetched he is not a real team player and tries to cater to himself as well.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
If the hawks pass up on Kessel, the player they pick better be the next coming of bobby hull.

Oh wait, Bobby Hull was a pompous, wife beating blowhard. Yet I think he was an "okay" hockey player... He probably would have been mean to Robbie Schremp too!

I'd be shocked, *shocked* if kessel lasted pass 3. I would also expect big answers from tallon and company.

Please, please, please- force that "attitude problem" on the hawks.

-fullmetalninja

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Listen, Wildone...are you seriously 12 years old here? You cant make crappy mis-informed alligations without one single piece of evidence. I'm obviously a huge Wisconsin fan and I hate Phil Kessel with a passion but lets get realistic buddy. He is no where near the guy you describe. I garuntee absolutely none of the things you have said are anywhere near the truth. I would be suprised if he even talked to anyone the entire time he was on the team. Kid is so quiet. You are ridiculous and need to go change your depends.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
wildone26 said:
It is not made up speculation, there are newspaper articles that were quoting sources who did not want to be named saying he was insisting on what players got what roles, that he be given all this ice time, etc.....In a piece I read on him in a hockey magazine it also indicated that is a problem with him as well. I cant believe anybody would be acting like it is some mystery that Kessel tries to dicate teams that he feels he is the "big star" on. :biglaugh:

Well anyway he is dropping like a stone in the draft, what reason for that would there be? It probably is not lack of talent for all his skills are praised, so it is quit apparent people who unlike me are the people who count and are making the decisions dont find it that far fetched he is not a real team player and tries to cater to himself as well.

Can you please provide some legitimate (read that first hand accounts and NOT speculation and heresay) that back up these claims?, because I'm just dying to read them (especially ones I haven't read already).

I'm in agreement with MN_Gopher and Primetime on this one. FYI, being an extremely shy individual like Kessel is doesn't necessarily mean he is a primadonna or egotistical.

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
Primetime955 said:
Listen, Wildone...are you seriously 12 years old here? You cant make crappy mis-informed alligations without one single piece of evidence. I'm obviously a huge Wisconsin fan and I hate Phil Kessel with a passion but lets get realistic buddy. He is no where near the guy you describe. I garuntee absolutely none of the things you have said are anywhere near the truth. I would be suprised if he even talked to anyone the entire time he was on the team. Kid is so quiet. You are ridiculous and need to go change your depends.

Well put 'Primetime'!! You sound like a bumbling child 'wildipstick'!! Show us these articles about Kessel demanding this or that??? I've never heard that. I read everything regarding Kessel and have NEVER heard of Kessel and attitude/personality problem. You must be making this up as you go along. Kessel must've pissed in yours and Hawk50's cheerios because the crap you throw out is just that.

I've read AND KNOW teammates of his and all state he is a great guy who is overly shy and thus stays away from cameras as much as he can. Only conflicts seems to be from his mother....at least from what I've heard.

Get your facts straight before throwing out deameaning comments about someone you know nothing about!!!!!!!!!
:soap:

Last edited:

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Kessel was over rated at #1, and under rated at #5. I think he'll go #2, gobs of speed too hard to pass on, just needs to learn more than 1 move....

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Kritty said:
That always seems to happen. Players are pegged #1 for so long and are under the microscope for so long that people find reasons to drop them while others do something that others pick up on and like. No big deal really. If a team likes him they're going to take him regardless of ranking.

Interesting thing there. I read an interview with Håkan Andersson, DRW´s European scout and he said he never watch a player to many times. He stops after something like 5-12 games (cant rememeber the exact number) after that he only notice flaws in the players game and that is not good when dealing with a 16-18 year old since the upside is more importent and the down side can be worked on to be removed.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why does anyone even reply to wildone26, the guy said Huet was jealous of Thomas's contract and that he knew would get only a 1 year one million dollar contract, and for that "fact", was only 30% the goaltender Thomas was. He posts the most ridiculous things you'll ever see.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
if i got kessel at five i would pee myself. this is all the usual predraft crap which ends up not mattering at all later on. any gm passing on him for anyone other than johnson will have serious concerns doing it. i think he has dropped because people have known about him for so long the draft experts are now getting all riled up over newer guys developing.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
bleedgreen said:
if i got kessel at five i would pee myself. this is all the usual predraft crap which ends up not mattering at all later on. any gm passing on him for anyone other than johnson will have serious concerns doing it. i think he has dropped because people have known about him for so long the draft experts are now getting all riled up over newer guys developing.

Bingo. See Matt Leinhart.

Small Brain Presence

bleedgreen said:

Couldn't have said it any better!

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Hey, for some, Kessel can't do right. He scored vs. Canada today, and I heard 'the puck might've gone in without his help'. Who cares? He scored. He helped his team. Jeez! It's a lot tougher being 18 now....give the kid a break.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
People still have it in their heads that he should be Crosby good. Cause last year there were some that would have picked him over Sid after the wjc.

People have to realize that Sid and AO come along once every 20 years. We were all spoiled as hell that they came in back to back years. Now it's the draft after the back to backs and people are wondering who's next?

Kessel isn't in Crosby's league. He's in the league of normal first forward picks. Staal, Nash, Kovalchuk, Heatley, Lecavalier and Thornton.

He could be a superstar. A generational talent? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->