kessel drops again

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Staal > Toews?

If Kessel does good at Worlds, it won't matter what CSS says.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Gilbert Brule was falling a lot last year but if the draft was redone he would ahve gone higher. I think Kessel will go top 3.

wildone26*

Poor Kessel. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Maybe word is out what a crummy team guy he is, individual skills alone wont make it in the NHL, and an overly inflated ego when you are a rookie is not good. If some of Crosby's teammates had a problem with him, imagine what veteran NHLers would feel about the Kessel attitude.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
wildone26 said:

Maybe word is out what a crummy team guy he is, individual skills alone wont make it in the NHL, and an overly inflated ego when you are a rookie is not good. If some of Crosby's teammates had a problem with him, imagine what veteran NHLers would feel about the Kessel attitude.

Now i appreciate your opinion, but im not one for listening.

Now, Kessel doesn't even have an attitude problem. Remember Robbie Schremp? Yes that attitude problem has made that pick look a shocker.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wildone26 said:

One problem: You don't have any idea what you're talking about! :biglaugh:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's not about someone dropping in rankings. Players don't really drop in drafts because of poor play. They drop because someone else has emerged and proven himself.

Shouldn't put much into it. Everyone knows what Kessel is capable of. You don't lose it overnight.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Whoever gets Kessel at 5th has an absolute steal on their hands. Ego aside, his talent is unchallenged in this draft. The players ranked ahead of him may be the safer picks, but Kessel could be a homerun. I would be licking my chops if he fell to me at 5th.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
this is just the scouting raitings... i can still see him going top three, though it is interesting to see a guy who has been rated #1 for so long go down to 5 on north american skaters alone

Transported Upstater

Kritty said:
Whoever gets Kessel at 5th has an absolute steal on their hands. Ego aside, his talent is unchallenged in this draft. The players ranked ahead of him may be the safer picks, but Kessel could be a homerun. I would be licking my chops if he fell to me at 5th.

I agree completely.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
exporta said:
this is just the scouting raitings... i can still see him going top three, though it is interesting to see a guy who has been rated #1 for so long go down to 5 on north american skaters alone

That always seems to happen. Players are pegged #1 for so long and are under the microscope for so long that people find reasons to drop them while others do something that others pick up on and like. No big deal really. If a team likes him they're going to take him regardless of ranking.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
With Backstrom and Frolik, this draft might be a shocker. I can see the blues taking EJ, as they should. The pens should take Toews, I think Washington will take Staal, and Chicago will pick Backstrom.

I just hope the Canucks can pick up a Mueller or Okposo.

wabwat

Aug 11, 2003
pasadena, ca.
Visit site
Scugs said:
It's not about someone dropping in rankings. Players don't really drop in drafts because of poor play. They drop because someone else has emerged and proven himself.

Shouldn't put much into it. Everyone knows what Kessel is capable of. You don't lose it overnight.

sincerely, Jason Bonsignore

wildone26*

J17ster said:
Now, Kessel doesn't even have an attitude problem. Remember Robbie Schremp? Yes that attitude problem has made that pick look a shocker.

Schremp has an attitude problem? Well he should. When he should have been playing on the first line at the World juniors, and getting alot of special teams time, he was shafted to a nothing line because the U.S prep school coach's pet "Phil overhyped Kessel" wanted Schremp demoted to a nothing role since he was scared of Schremp stealing some of his spotlight away. The result a crummy 4th place finish, with one of their best players(Schremp)used in a garbage role to protect their pompus prized star. :yo:

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
wildone26 said:
Schremp has an attitude problem? Well he should. When he should have been playing on the first line at the World juniors, and getting alot of special teams time, he was shafted to a nothing line because the U.S prep school coach's pet "Phil overhyped Kessel" wanted Schremp demoted to a nothing role since he was scared of Schremp stealing some of his spotlight away. The result a crummy 4th place finish, with one of their best players(Schremp)used in a garbage role to protect their pompus prized star. :yo:

sincerely, Rob Schremp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad