Kessel Commits to the Gophers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Mueller committed to the gophers at 15 i think. He said, when the gophers played the U18 team. I hope my family is cheering for me, buts its hard to cheer against the gophers or something close. This has been his dream it sounds. And being this close now. I see no way he goes anywhere.

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
Hab Fan said:
I predict Mueller will NOT ever play for Minnesota. Right to the WHL, you heard it here first! Congrats to Minny anyway, and Skille will SHINE in Madison. Remember where you heard it first!

Unfortunatley I have heard the same thing from someone in the Gopher program. They are lobbying his family very, very hard. :dunno:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The Mueller to WHL rumors aren't really new. I think it's quite possible that he could end up there next season.

ESPN is having a chat with Kessel live at 3:30 EST... Link

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Dr.Sens(e) said:
I hope so, because if he's having trouble scoring in the USHL, he is going to find it much more difficult in the NCAA against players his size who are faster and stronger.

I didn't mean to take a shot at Wheeler as much, as give props Kessel and Mueller. What Mueller is doing with the U-18 has been over-shadowed by Kessel, but few people realize what a prospect he is. He is ahead of Skille and Stoa, while being a year younger - and Skille and Stoa are first rounders in this draft.

Mueller and Kessel are potential superstars. Wheeler isnt. Its not really a fair comparision. They might have similar points total but only insofar as Cammelleri and Spezza currently have similar totals in the AHL. Wheeler may one day develop into a star on his team but Mueller and Kessel could be NHL stars as you're probably aware. Nobody should be surprised if they outscore him, but I dont think that diminishes Wheeler as a prospect.

BTW Wheeler isnt having trouble scoring in the USHL. He might not be putting up Vanek numbers but he is among the league leaders, notably in even strength goals.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
policegopher said:
Unfortunatley I have heard the same thing from someone in the Gopher program. They are lobbying his family very, very hard. :dunno:

This is an old rumor. It will be that way until he comes to Minnesota. This kind of threat is nothing new to college coaches who recruit elite players. I am not concerned because Lucia is at the helm and he is very persuasive.

Mueller also couldn't contain his excitement when he was playing in Mariucci arena a few weeks ago. You can tell the kid really wants to be a Gopher.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
PuckFan01 said:
Mueller also couldn't contain his excitement when he was playing in Mariucci arena a few weeks ago. You can tell the kid really wants to be a Gopher.

That may be true but the issue of where he'll be playing next year, which is his draft year, may force him towards the WHL. His only other options are spending another year with the NTDP or going to the USHL. If he plays well enough he could probably still go high in the draft but he may buy into the argument that major junior will be his best option next season.

Personally I hope he stays with the NTDP and spends a year or two with the Gophers.

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
PuckFan01 said:
This is an old rumor. It will be that way until he comes to Minnesota. This kind of threat is nothing new to college coaches who recruit elite players. I am not concerned because Lucia is at the helm and he is very persuasive.

I know that this is probably a threat, and a way to keep them (U of M) on edge. And I was there that night and saw Mueller in the stands before the gate opened, along with Stoa and others (didn't see Kessel). I noticed that they were taking it all in and seemed to be in awe of the building. However, the person I spoke too was somewhat concerned about Mueller.

When I asked this person about Kessel, he told me it was Mueller HE was worried about. Take it for what its worth.

I still believe in the end, Mueller will be a gopher. He has wanted to be one for a long, long time.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
policegopher said:
I know that this is probably a threat, and a way to keep them (U of M) on edge. And I was there that night and saw Mueller in the stands before the gate opened, along with Stoa and others (didn't see Kessel). I noticed that they were taking it all in and seemed to be in awe of the building. However, the person I spoke too was somewhat concerned about Mueller.

When I asked this person about Kessel, he told me it was Mueller HE was worried about. Take it for what its worth.

I still believe in the end, Mueller will be a gopher. He has wanted to be one for a long, long time.
It is not a threat, there also is some "feelings" between some of the kids, als Skille/Kessel. I still will bet that coffee he goes WHL. Definately would like to see him go NCAA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad