Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Good for him. At the worst he's proven that he can be a reliable #7 with an upside as a top 4 guy in the future. He's a much better player than Tucker is at this point at least.
He can skate at nhl level. Tucker can’t. This is why Kessel is useful nhl player, even if this is all he is. I don’t know that Tucker has many nhl games left in his career.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
He can skate at nhl level. Tucker can’t. This is why Kessel is useful nhl player, even if this is all he is. I don’t know that Tucker has many nhl games left in his career.

What a difference 18 games can make. Pre-season Tucker was 12th rated prospect above Zherenko and Kessel. He's played 18 games since and he's washed up. And I'm the asshole for judging Perunovich after 58 NHL games

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What a difference 18 games can make. Pre-season Tucker was 12th rated prospect above Zherenko and Kessel. He's played 18 games since and he's washed up. And I'm the asshole for judging Perunovich after 58 NHL games
I don’t have much confidence in Peru either. But Tucker problem was always evident, some folks just chose to overlook it.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t have much confidence in Peru either. But Tucker problem was always evident, some folks just chose to overlook it.
Yep, going back to juniors, skating was always the thing that wasn't going to keep him from developing into an everyday NHLer.

Reactions: Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Tucker had manageable underlying numbers for a 23yr old 7th round pick last season. This season, those numbers have taken a sizeable downturn(outside of his astronomical 19.48 OISH% putting him at a 1.09PDO). So it seemed like he could be a viable 6/7 type of guy even with the skating deficiency, but he didn't improve going into this season, so his outlook is much dimmer than it was a year ago.

Overpayment.
A+ contribution to the conversation

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
A+ contribution to the conversation
As usual.

Happy for Kessel. Looking more and more like he can be a legit top 4 defender long term. He’s been more physical lately which is obviously welcome…need to see his scoring/offensive touch pick up a bit. All in all, I’ve been very impressed with his play so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad