Player Discussion: Kent Johnson - Winger or Center?

What is Kent Johnson’s most likely future Blue Jackets role in the next two years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can he still do a lot of leg training this summer? Leg press? @stevo61

I personally had a breakthrough with my skinny legs when I did a ton of leg press, and extension and hamstring machines. Squats and deadlifts were a great total body workout but I didn't bulk from them.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Can he still do a lot of leg training this summer? Leg press? @stevo61

I personally had a breakthrough with my skinny legs when I did a ton of leg press, and extension and hamstring machines. Squats and deadlifts were a great total body workout but I didn't bulk from them.
Might be awkward feeling but I dont see why not. People would probably be surprised at how you can work around those things. See plenty of body builders have terrible injuries like torn pecs, biceps etc and miss next to no time training other areas. Luckily there is a million ways to tackle legs so im sure they'll find plenty of stuff he can do. Bulgarian split squats is where its at though after barbell squat, thats definitely king.

There is even things like a belt squat machine so you can load weight without weight being on your shoulder plus all the other fancy equipment theyll have I probably dont even know about. There shouldnt be much of an excuse for him to not progress in core/lower body strength. Upper body will obviously be tough to progress too much

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Before Blue Jackets winger Kent Johnsonreturned home to Vancouver, B.C. for the offseason, he had a check-up on Thursday with club doctors on his surgically repaired shoulder, which kept him out of the lineup since Feb. 28. “Appointment was great,” Johnson said in a text exchange with The Athletic. “Shoulder is healing great!” Johnson has been able to maintain his off-ice workouts on his legs the whole time but was cleared Thursday to begin some limited upper-body lifting. He expects to be cleared well before the start of training camp in the fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad