Kendal McArdle...a 2005 Sleeper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Hey Guys,

I interviewed McCardle tonight when he was in Lethbridge, and I must say this kid really impressed me. He sure knows how to handle the media, which is impressive for a kid at his age. He had some very mature answers and it looks to me like he is very focused on becoming a dominant player in the WHL.

He is putting up good numbers on this Moose Jaw team this season. A big part of their turn around after a miserable start!

I don't really see how anyone could let him slide through the first round....I wouldn't be shocked if he went in the Top 15.

He is only 5'11 but he definetly likes to mix it up. I enjoyed watching him come in over the blueline with the puck a couple times....he keeps his legs moving when he makes his moves...many kids his age will start to coast when they make a move....but he keeps them moving.

Really like him.

The U.C.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Unbiased Canadian said:
Hey Guys,

I interviewed McCardle tonight when he was in Lethbridge, and I must say this kid really impressed me. He sure knows how to handle the media, which is impressive for a kid at his age. He had some very mature answers and it looks to me like he is very focused on becoming a dominant player in the WHL.

He is putting up good numbers on this Moose Jaw team this season. A big part of their turn around after a miserable start!

I don't really see how anyone could let him slide through the first round....I wouldn't be shocked if he went in the Top 15.

He is only 5'11 but he definetly likes to mix it up. I enjoyed watching him come in over the blueline with the puck a couple times....he keeps his legs moving when he makes his moves...many kids his age will start to coast when they make a move....but he keeps them moving.

Really like him.

The U.C.

I agree completely... that is: I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him go top15.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
The kid not only has a lot of talent, but he seems very mature to me. :handclap:
Anyone read his story in the Vancouver Sun before the prospect game?

East Van kid takes flight - 'I was lucky a few people took me under their wing'

Tell them thanks, Kenndal McArdle says.
Say thank you to the coaches and managers who helped, he urges. Say in the story how much he appreciates the support of everyone along the way.
His mom deserves thanks, too. The biggest thanks. But good luck getting her to accept it.
Leilani McArdle says she didn't raise her son. We did.
"This is a village effort," she says. "This doesn't happen with one parent."

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't be shocked if he went top 5. IMO he should go in the top 10, or some team that passed on him will have dropped the ball.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
McArdle looked pretty good tonight on Sportsnet vs. the Medicine Hat Tigers. Although he had no points (that I could catch, 1-1 game), he definitely displayed a very nifty set of hands, and was used on both special teams as well.

All in all, good showing for the kid.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
To have as many points as he does on a team that struggled for so long bodes well. He seems to have the skill and the intangible drive required to be a star in the WHL...

Hawky

Oct 28, 2004
Western Canada
Alter Haudegen said:
The kid not only has a lot of talent, but he seems very mature to me. :handclap:
Anyone read his story in the Vancouver Sun before the prospect game?

East Van kid takes flight - 'I was lucky a few people took me under their wing'
If you haven't read it, here's another good article - from Hockey Now:

http://www.bchockey.com/article_details.asp?Player_No=273045&Team_No=3664

McArdle loves view in SK by Sarah Conchie 01/29/2005 -

One step at a time, in his climb up scouts' rankings...

Kenndal McArdle wasn’t the hottest topic of conversation in the build-up to the CHL Top Prospects Game...

But by the time the game had ended, McArdle was a very hot property. His team lost the game but McArdle was one of the night’s big winners – scoring two goals, impressing scouts with his effort and skill, and humbly accepting a player of the game award.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->