Recalled/Assigned: Kempe recalled, Strome assigned to Tucson

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
No surprise really. The team needs a spark. Strome could use the help down in Tucson, though I didn’t think he looked awful up here. That said, it is still a rebuilding year and Strome is a player we cannot afford to stall his development on.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm not depressed at all. I think Kempe should have started the season with the big club, and I think Strome could use a season headlining Tucson rather than skating quietly in the Coyotes' lower lines.

Reactions: SR and AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Good move. Strome's not ready, hopefully he finds confidence (and learn how to not get kicked out of the circle on every faceoff) in Tucson.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd have been more fine with this in camp. I'd have been more fine with this after 8-10 games. If Strome earned a roster spot than he also earned benefit of the doubt for more than two damned games.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and CC96

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'd have been more fine with this in camp. I'd have been more fine with this after 8-10 games. If Strome earned a roster spot than he also earned benefit of the doubt for more than two damned games.

Strome's had two games where he's looked slow and outpaced. And after having a great camp, Kempe's first game with Tucson appears to have impressed the coaching staff:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It's the right move. He needs to be more impactful, that's what is expected of him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well yeah. It would not surprise me if McDavid became the best player since Gretzky. And we got Strome. :)

I wonder if he'll put in a trade request at this point? Project RD prospect and a 2nd rounder?

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Hopefully he lights it up in Tucson. Two games and getting sent down is lame but many were arguing for him to go there anyways before the start of the season.

Reactions: rt

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For me the bigger question is why did they keep him up in the first place?

"whoops our bad" isn't a great look for roster decisions within 2 games :laugh:

Reactions: Sthlmyote and rt

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Plenty of ways to speculate about it - for example, maybe Tocchet and the rest of the coaching staff saw a dropoff from camp to the regular season, once Strome had made the team - but none of us are in a position to know for sure.

Personally, I'm glad they did this now and have given Strome a chance to bridge the gap between his junior dominance and his NHL future. Let's see what he does with Tucson.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Probably in hopes of him doing something that would make them feel like he is ready to stay. I get it was only two games, but if he was having 3/4 the impact Keller has had, he'd still be here.

Strome will just take time. A year in the AHL like Drai will do him some good.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Probably the best course of action for developing Strome, albeit a little weird he makes the team and only gets 2 games before getting sent down.

Doesn't take the sting out of missing out on his draft year competition. Impossible not to think of what this team would be like with McEichel or even Marner. Hopefully Strome can run with the AHL gig and become what we all want him to be.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
"They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there. Get that f***in' stick in their side. Let 'em know you're there! Get that lumber in his teeth. Let 'em know you're there! " - Reg Dunlop Slapshot

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good. Bring in a few additional vets (Center and at least one RW) and this team will eventually start to win games...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->