Keeper potential: McAvoy or Provorov

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
yahoo standard h2h categories (hits, blocks pims , goals assists power play points , +\- etc)and we get three keepers for the following year . I have McAvoy and Provorov but can’t decide which one would be the best value going forward . I have Rantanen and Mack as my first two keepers . Potentially Dubois but I love those two D .

It seems McAvoy would produce a bit more but Provorov is no slouch either . Provorov would cost me a 11th round pick to keep while McAvoy would cost me a 9th rounder . Thoughts ?

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I picked up McAvoy weeks ago and won't be dropping him at all unless I get an offer that highly over pays. The only way I might trade him out depends on how many keepers our league decides on this season since it's our first year with keepers. I have Barzal, Point, McAvoy, Keller, and Heinen.... and if Wild Bill Karlsson continues his crazy ride, I might have to throw him in the mix as well.

I've got decisions to make because I'm certain I won't be able to keep them all but McAvoy is the only Dman in my list which I have to give special consideration.

Reactions: SensNAvsfan

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
McAvoy has less competition for prime offensive opportunities. Both are their teams #1s going forward but I could see Provo being used similarly to how Pietro was used in St. Louis prior to Shattenkirk leaving. Philly is loaded with good defensive prospects and one of the premier powerplay QBs in the league in Ghostbear.

Reactions: SensNAvsfan

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I'd prefer McAvoy. Gets more ice-time

Might wanna check the stats on that one. Provorov is 15th in the league in average time on ice. McAvoy is T-39th.

McAvoy likely outproduces offensively, they’re near even in hits, but Provorov is near double McAvoy in blocked shots. Given that it costs the op a higher pick to keep McAvoy, I’d hold Provorov. But it is damned close.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Might wanna check the stats on that one. Provorov is 15th in the league in average time on ice. McAvoy is T-39th.

McAvoy likely outproduces offensively, they’re near even in hits, but Provorov is near double McAvoy in blocked shots. Given that it costs the op a higher pick to keep McAvoy, I’d hold Provorov. But it is damned close.
I stand corrected

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Here is the analysis using the data sheets I am developing.

I have extrapolated both players stats to 51 GP for this year.
they rank near equal on my sheet (PIMS and +/- for McAvoy) (SOG and BLKS for Provorov) are the big keys.
I find +/- to be the more team based stat. So i would choose Provorov. But the choice is very close.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.32.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.32.25 PM.png
    74 KB · Views: 6

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
I’d take Mcavoy given that he will likely have less competition for the prime opportunities. Mcavoys upside in keepers is huge!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad