Keeper Opinions

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hey guys,

Just looking for a little advice on my keeper selections for next year, as outside opinion can never hurt. Here are the league details:

14 team league
10 keepers
3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
W, GAA, SV%, SHO

I won both the regular season and playoffs last year, but I'm a bit torn on my last keeper selection. As of now:

Rask
Bishop
Doughty
Shattenkirk
Benn
Backes
Backstrom
Oshie
Johansen

Options for my last slot are Okposo, Voracek and Palat. All three could be playing with great C's (Tavares, Giroux, Stamkos), all three have talent and will put up 60+ points. Palat of course has youth on his side.

Any opinions?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, still leaning towards Voracek as of now but really torn on Palat. I was thinking about whether Oshie would be worth keeping, it's definitely a tough call.

Jagr bomb

Sep 20, 2013
I would personally go with Voracek simply because he is more proven than Palat. With Voracek you have a better idea of what you might get. Even though based on last years statistics Palat may have a higher ceiling; Voracek has been a proven producer for several years whereas Palat has a very small sample size. Palat could turn out to be the better choice in the end, but I think Voracek is a safer choice.

Help me out with my keepers too!
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=88980833#post88980833

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Really between Voracek and Palat at this point, likely the former. Will wait to see what happens in training camp and all that jazz.

reggo

Aug 20, 2014
I'd drop Johanson and keep Palat plus whoever you like between the other two. Okposo is tempting in a league with PIMS/Hits though. I'm big on Palat, huge rookie season and good chance he slots in with Stammer/Drouin

herbie41

Since 2013
Oct 3, 2007
Tokyo
www.keepingkarlsson.com
Voracek is a no-brainer imo, he never gets enough credit for what he does on the ice and is often undervalued in fantasy.

As for Oshie, he may be someone you can drop for Palat or Okposo, but I feel like he's got more value than both of them right now .. they may have better upside and outperform him by the end of the season, but there's a bit more risk in making that move. If you want to swing for the fences, go ahead, but I feel like either one of them could be easier to pick back up through the draft than Oshie would be.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'd drop Johanson and keep Palat plus whoever you like between the other two. Okposo is tempting in a league with PIMS/Hits though. I'm big on Palat, huge rookie season and good chance he slots in with Stammer/Drouin
I think that's the misconception with Okposo. He only had 43 hits last season. Backstrom had more, which is sort of surprising.

Voracek. He plays with Giroux.
Yeah definitely tempting, although Okposo plays with Tavares, or should anyway.

Voracek is a no-brainer imo, he never gets enough credit for what he does on the ice and is often undervalued in fantasy.

As for Oshie, he may be someone you can drop for Palat or Okposo, but I feel like he's got more value than both of them right now .. they may have better upside and outperform him by the end of the season, but there's a bit more risk in making that move. If you want to swing for the fences, go ahead, but I feel like either one of them could be easier to pick back up through the draft than Oshie would be.
Yeah still leaning towards Voracek, and I got offered a 2nd round pick for Okposo, which would actually be 15th overall since it's a 14 team league. I don't have a 1st round pick this year, but that 2nd round pick for Okposo might allow me to draft Palat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad